It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40% of fatal automobile accidents are alcohol-related

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Over 40% of fatal automobile accidents are alcohol-related

dui.lifetips.com

Drunk driving facts can be a useful tool for any parent or teacher who wants to alert young people to the dangers of drinking and driving. Here are some helpful drunk driving facts that may help scare them straight:

• One person is killed every half-hour due to drunk driving
• Each year approximately 16,000 are killed in alcohol related crashes
• Alcohol is a factor in almost half of all traffic fatalities
• Every other minute a person is seriously injured in an alcohol related crash
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As many of you know from previous threads I am a Military Police Officer set out to get some facts straight. With the holidays coming up I feel it necessary to put some FACTS out on driving under the influence or (DUI).

Each year 16,000 people are killed in alcohol related car accidents, and that number is not dropping! I bet the majority if not all of them thought it wasn't going to happen before it did either. I can tell you from personal experience that it doesn't just effect the people involved in the accident either, no it strikes much deeper than that.

The link I posted ( dui.lifetips.com... ) Is an EXCELLENT resource of information in regards to drinking and driving so I suggest you take a second to read it as well.

Most people say “oh I've only have 1 or 2 beers/drinks, im fine to drive”. Did you know it doesn't matter how many drinks you have? Its based on many other things like body size, weight, if your an alcoholic or not to name a few.

Did you also know that if your blood alcohol content (BAC) is below .08 you can still be charged with DUI? YUP that's right. Even if you blow goose eggs you can still be charged! Well your saying how is this possible?!! If someone is under the influence of a narcotic it will not show up on the BAC, but the patrol officer can still charge them if they believe they were under the influence of a drug. Now granted before it could even go to court there would have to be a blood draw and much more for evidence but you can still be charged!

Then your saying well I blew a .03 and im not on drugs SO IM SAFE! WRONG AGAIN MY FRIEND! If a police officer stopped you it was for a reason. If that police officer can convince a court that you were unable to control your vehicle while he was watching you then you will have a DUI charge on your head.

Well that's not fair!! The law says .08 to be DUI!! Right? Yes and no. Yes the law does say that but all the .08 means is when it goes to court there is NO question NO having to prove the police officers case. YOU WERE DRUNK!

Well then that's to easy if I get arrested for DUI I just wont blow on the BAC machine. Well yes that is your right! You don't have to blow on the BAC machine, HOWEVER. Most people don't know that when you agree to get a drivers license you automaticly submit to this test. IF YOU REFUSE TO BLOW you instantly revoke your license for X amount of years (I believe it depends on the state).

Now on to personal experience time. Is there a way to cheat the BAC machine. Ill just save you the reading time and say NOPE! I've seen it all, pennies, gum, perfume, food, drinks, tic tacs, not blowing strong, blowing to strong, not blowing at all. DOSNT WORK!!

Well what if I blow real lightly and make it look like im giving an effort but really not! Nope, the machine will tell us an inefficient sample was received and after 3 trys it will print out a refusal form.

This is a topic I am very adiment about and I have NEVER given a break, when I stop people. I tend to be a relaxed police officer but DUIs are not a joke.

Thank you for reading my DUI brief and feel free to ask questions! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

dui.lifetips.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

if you dont take the bac test they draw a blood sample from you and use that as evidence against you

besides drink driving is not productive living, its just shear idiocy

there are better ways of getting killed in a random self afflicted way.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Haha well said!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

if you dont take the bac test they draw a blood sample from you and use that as evidence against you
besides drink driving is not productive living, its just shear idiocy

there are better ways of getting killed in a random self afflicted way.

This isnt necessarily true-forcibly drawing blood is illegal, unless you are under arrest.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes I know its not I didnt post that. However it is true in cases of injury causing accidents. If you go to the hospitle they will take it but thats not for police thats for them.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes I know its not I didnt post that. However it is true in cases of injury causing accidents. If you go to the hospitle they will take it but thats not for police thats for them.

I was responding to the other person(i hate how when you quote people here, it bolds the first person,. not the second).

But you are right, in custody, or in an injury, they will draw blood.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
When everyone rode horses there were no DUI's. It just goes to show you to every advantage there is some disadvantage. I'm not ready to get on a horse today and go to work but just saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That means 60% is from sober drivers!! Drink driving is officially safer

Obviously I'm being stupid...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
When everyone rode horses there were no DUI's. It just goes to show you to every advantage there is some disadvantage. I'm not ready to get on a horse today and go to work but just saying.

Not today heres 1 case here.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Some holiday safety tips.

If you plan on getting tipsy have a designated driver. Or take a cab, or a bus. There are advantages to these.

1. no DUIs, DUIs are expensive, and you could end up killing someone.

2. You're much more likely to arrive home safe.

3. It's much easier to puke in your shoes when there is no steering wheel in the way.

4. Passing out on a bus is an adventure.

5. Cabbies are like mobile catholic priests that don't give you penance.

Good thread ThePeoplesSoldier

new topics

top topics

join