It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this my frist OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I am going to try and explain this experience the best I can. This was the strangest thing to ever happen to me in my life. I would like to hear every ones thoughts on my experience. I cannot post what brought this experience on because it is against ATS rules. (If you would like to hear the full story feel free to U2U me) however I can explain how I felt and what happened to me.

I Was sitting down and I started to feel so detached from everything. I knew I was sitting in a room full of people but I felt as if I was invisible or looking in through a window. As I looked around the room I felt like I wasn’t the same as my friends, like I wasn’t from the same place and it was my first time being there. I didn’t know how to act I didn’t understand how things worked it was like I was seeing everything for the first time. I didn’t know the basics of human life. This is some of the things I was thinking about. Should I say something, what are they doing, how I should act, what is the human culture, what am I doing here? I didn’t understand anything so I just copied my friends the way they sat and their actions. Because I didn’t want them to know I didn’t understand them and that I felt different than them. We were in my living room but I felt like it was the first time I had ever been to this world let alone that living room. About 5mins later I closed my eyes and started to take deep breaths. I can only remember taking three deep breaths. The next things I know I am standing up 2 feet in front of my seat and one of my friends is standing in front of me tell me I need to sit down and relax. It felt as if I had just appeared in front of him out of nowhere. I didn’t know what was happening I didn’t understand how I had just got there. I asked many times, what just happened, how did I get here so fast, what’s going on, why are we all here, I was sitting back down but didn’t know how I had got in to this room with my friends. It was like being asleep in your bed and just appearing in a room standing in front of a group friends out of nowhere. I still didn’t understand the things around me but I did know who I was now. Within about 1min things came back to me I would explain it like being a new born baby and over that minute of time learning everything over that I know. Things came back to me one at a time instead of all at one time. After that minute of time or so I was back to normal.

This is what I thought an OBE would feel like if I wasn’t from here. It felt like my mind and knowledge was replaced by something. Kind of like something was using my body for its OBE. It’s really hard to explain so if you have any questions please ask and I will tell you everything I can. I really want to hear ideas and chat with anyone who is interested in this.
Thank you

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is why you have to refrain from using drugs to induce spiritual experiences. I always used to think that psychedelics helped but when it comes down to it you never know if what you experience is real or not. I didn't even bother reading your whole post simply because I'm sure you were just out of it, although it's possible you had some sort of experience while doing whatever you were doing... try meditation it's much more rewarding, and you know that whatever happens during the meditation or after is real.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
[edit on 10-12-2009 by s14mikeysr20]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i understand what you are saying thanks for your comment I would like to add I was not trying to make anything happen by Doing what I did i was just trying something new for the frist time

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
'___'???

Second line

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
From an ethnobotanical standpoint, if you deem meditative techniques to be the only legid way of inducing these states of awareness (or unawareness even!), what are all the Shamans in the Amazonas doing? They sure must be fooling and deceiving themselves...
Somebody on this forum said that shrooms were the "crashcourse" of what meditation is supposed to prepare for...I think, if you do these substances, maybe you'll know what to look for, when you're meditating..How do you know you're not doing it wrong?

And anyway, such substances have all kinds of different characteristics...Every substance is in some way uniquely affecting the neurochemistry, however meditation probably leads to one realization, probably rendering it "ultimate". In that sense, it's kinda weak that we look for shortcuts. However, there is genuinely shaman use of psychedelics and if you concider states induced by them to be artificial, they still offer some variation in exploring the different mindscapes because of their vast differences. There's a user on this board, I think his name was an alliteration, something about unity. He spends much time putting the word out about nutrition and its effects on the mind. He has expirienced states of profound revelation himself but questions them to the core because he doubts his sanity because of his diagnosed nutritional disorder.
So in some way or other he had expirienced them- but only questions them because he doubts he induced them himself

So I think you're ultimately demanding that people induce it by the power of their own mind so they will be certain that they're real...Well how does that tell you you're right on everything? Something induces it and since it's with you all the time (your mind) you won't question it. The problem with psychedelics is that you probably will actually question the legidity of the expirience because of it's duration for example. It's just when they come down that they start wondering about it. But given you're in your mind, this point of induction is constantly present and you won't see another expirience from which you may question the prevalence of your intial realizations...I don't know...

I'm just thinking, if you have the right intention, it may do something for you. I think the whole deal of shamanism is finally about sacrificing something to prove yourself worthy...Well, not everybody goes through the expirience unscathed! Some are deeply unsettled by it because it's so overwhelming and they weren't prepared for it. So maybe I may draw a line here to being worthy of being submitted to the expirience.
It shouldn't be recreational because recreation implies only a gain intended to last a short time. Meditation of course requires constant attention, but if someone doesn't take the time to prepare for these "plant-teachers", their expirience will be as unsettling and unrewarding as it can get. It's still up to them what to make of it after all.

new topics

top topics

join