It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Restraint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I notice (and no it probably isn't new) that every week or so we'l get a couple of ATS is bad threads. I am think some people need to practice some self-restraint.

BTW: Yes I realize the irony of posting this...I am a hypocrite so I figured I would say it before you 'bust' me on it

Anyway here it is

If ATS is that bad or has 'changed' that much for the worse...leave

It is soooooooo easy to just walk out the door. Or better yet stick to the good topics and practice some self-restraint. Just gloss over each topic...if it says I am an alien and you don't like it...move on or make your comment and walk away.

I too have seen a TON of ridiculous topics on here with not a shred of evidence but I make a choice. Sometimes I comment and sometimes I just walk away. Yes I am a hypocrite. I have fed the trolls before. I know I am guilty of plenty here but calling for ATS to be revamped or closed because you saw some topics you don't like is so silly to me.

I have no clue why it is so hard for people to just ignore certain topics.

Ah well...but hey don't worry...I am just a disinfo agent anyway :-p

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
yep, yep..agreed..
Not sure if it is a way of drawing attention to oneself or what because it really does nothing to keep complaining.
For some reason what applies to reality, goes out the window on a messageboard.
In RL if you don't like to be somewhere..you stop going there.You even stop talking about it.
You don't go out of your way to show up daily, spew hateful remarks, dig up all kinds of dirt on other people that DO go there and enjoy themselves.
Crazy is as crazy does.
"nuff said.
Oh yes..and I work for the Defense department of ATS.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'll just never understand why it is like that...c'est la vie I guess but this hypocrite decided to complain :-p

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't know if I agree with you.

If people are complaining just for the sake of complaining, then go, we don't need ya.

If, however, you are complaining as to point out issues that need to be improved to improve the site as a whole, then it's ok.

Remember, ATS can not fix issues if it does not know they exist.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I can accept that but do we need another whiny post every couple of days about how poor the membership is? Why not bring it up to the mods? Those posts never help and it usually turns out that almost all the responses disagree. I feel that alot of those posts occur when someone disagrees with someone and a bad mood strikes and suddenly...BAM..."The whole site sucks!"

-Kyo

top topics

join