It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Slope Spill one of worst...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

North Slope Spill one of worst ever...

Officials have found a 24-inch jagged rupture in a pipeline that began pouring oil and water Nov. 29, creating one of the biggest North Slope crude oil spills ever.

The on-scene coordinator for the state Department of Environmental Conservation, Tom DeRuyter, said Tuesday that the breach on the bottom of the pipe was the biggest he had ever seen and indicative of the incredible pressure the pipeline was under when it split.

Workers located the source of the leak Monday after cleanup crews hauled away spilled crude and contaminated snow and ice that had been obscuring the area.

That sucks.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I believe somone posted this earlier, not saying their is prior thread, just that someone here had talked with a friend that works their and had mentioned that keep an eye out for a report.

I am going to check through old posts, I know I posted because I put a picture from Google Earth of the location. I'll be back.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Alright, found it. Sweet, members here posting info on things when they happen. Kudos to Alaskan Man for breaking the news. Now we can find out how much was actually spilled? It is going to be a bitch to clean up. Current temperature their now-are in the range of 0 degrees F on the North Slope and around 23 F on the coast.

Here is a link to his thread-Oil Spill on Alaska's North Slope

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

hey thanks for the recognition!

and thank you loam for posting the news!

star and flag

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I understand the clean up is going well because of the cool weather. It wouldn't be a problem here either because it's -11 and dropping .

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
actually there will be zero damage because of all the snow and ice,

it didn't break threw, so it will just be all chopped up, hauled off, and have nice new ice placed where the old dirty ice was.

Anchorage Daily News, is the main paper here in Alaska, and they absolutely HATE BP with a passion.

so there might be some bias in there reports.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Bias? Did you read the comments? Holy ****.

How much does an Alaskan get in subsidy payments?

I wonder how much the US government gets paid in royalties or companies have to pay in permits to acquire the right to drill.

That is one income that for some reason never gets any MSM time.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

every October we get an Alaskan State Dividend,

it depends on the oil company's stocks and such but in the last ten years its been between 600-2000 dollars.

were Marxist up here, it works on a small scale lol jk.

its really not to bad for the company's since there profits are still in the billions every quarter off of our states natural resources.

new topics

top topics

join