It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC: First 900 GeV Collision Events in Stable-Beam Conditions with Inner Detector Fully Powered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's not much of a story... but it looks like LHC/Cern has had their first really big collision. Here are some pictures posted on their website.

I also did a search here on ATS... and didn't find anything on their December 6th collision.

On Sunday morning, Dec 6, 2009, the LHC achieved for the first time 900 GeV collisions under stable-beam conditions. This allowed ATLAS to fully ramp the high voltage of the inner most pixel and silicon-strip tracking detectors. The following displays show events from run 141749 taken during this period.

Source: CERN/LHC
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c29208db738.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c83cf99b309.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/947583c7b196.jpg[/atsimg]

So far so good. We haven't been sucked into a blackhole yet!

[edit on 12/10/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Also can be read here:
Source: Telegraph.co.uk

Two beams of circulating particles traveling in opposite directions at 1.18 trillion electron volts (TeV) produced the collisions. The Atlas, one of four major detectors in cathedral-sized rooms in the collider's underground tunnel at Geneva, had part of its equipment turned on and could register collisions. "They recorded a handful of collisions, and one of them looks quite nice, so it's on their web site," Dr Sutton said. Dr Sutton said the collisions occurred when the machine was ramped up briefly to 1.18 TeV.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
'So far so good. We haven't been sucked into a blackhole yet'! (says you).

Well, funny you should mention that ... but I've been watching the 'spiral in the norway sky' thread.

And it does seem to be increasingly unlikely that a failed, Russian rocket launch was responsible after all.

With that in mind, I think it's a big stretch to ask us not to think that there could be no possible connection with the LHC happily smashing particles at the same time perfect spirals - that seem to be devoured by a mini blackhole - are seen by hundreds of people in the skies over Norway.

I don't believe in coincidence ... I do believe in synchronicity.

Woody

[edit on 10-12-2009 by woodwytch]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I was wondering about that too.
I always thought 'something' would happen when the LHC started with its proper high energy collisions.

Scientists are either going to make the biggest breakthrough ever, or destroy us all.

IMO.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
And it does seem to be increasingly unlikely that a failed, Russian rocket launch was responsible after all.

I think you may be right there. But lhc should be ok, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I really doubt that this collision is what caused the spiral over Norway.

Much higher energy collisions have already been done at Fermilab in USA of 1.9 TeV.

Source

I didn't see any giant swirly black hole thingies around there.

Anyway, this is just a fraction of what the LHC can do.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
S&F - Guys, please don't derail this thread. We have talked to length about the swirling cloud over Norway. This is the first successful test of the LHC and many of us have been following it's progress for well over a year. I believe that we owe a proper thread to those who are fans of this topic.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Great the L.H.C. is working finally. And the blue streak seen exiting the spiral was ENTERING not EXITING EARTH thats why the point of it is facing EARTH not the SPIRAL. SMH at thinking human eyes can see other dimensional things um just saying, not derailing at all.

[edit on 12/10/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'll keep on topic

I am DARN happy to see this...I adore science and progress and am still not even the least bit concered about some swirly motions

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i dont really see anything extraordinary from these collision. It seems like they are behaving just as a larger object would if colided with something of equal size.

Does anyone see anything interesting?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
anyone know when its expected to be firing at full wack?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hopefully soon, so everyone will calm down and we can find out truly what it's capable of. Really hoping all goes as planned from here on out.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sorry to go a bit off topic, just had to straighten a few facts out.

Aaaanyway, from what I've heard on the grapevine (I don't think a specific date has been set yet), the LHC should be at full power by March I think, barring any more of those pesky future birds cocking it up

I can't wait to find out what the results of a full blast collision will be.

Interesting times people...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by nik1halo]

top topics

join