It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shedding some light on the mysterious Hum

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I hear more like a buzz then a hum, like when the tv station at night has noting more to broadcast, but quiter, and more pitch to it, i can only really hear it at night when its really quite because it itsself is quite, quiter then my footsteps breath, but i can hear it all the time when i listen for it, but i dont know, its not really a hum, so i might get my ears checked ( i only noticed this buzz latly )

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sorry for not following this thread more closely, as I am the one who started it. I'd be nice if ATS emailed me to tell if I had any replies or personal message (U2U).

Anyway, I read through the posts, not all of them in entirety. Here are some things I can "report" and things I've come to believe.

Rorror had asked if turning off the electricity helps. It doesn't. In fact, I know that it persists if the electricity in the entire neighborhood goes off. Maybe two weeks ago a car hit a telephone poll, which caused the electricity in the entire neighborhood (over like 5 blocks) to go off. Everything was off: no security (street) lights, no porch lights on; the moon was the brightest thing outside. The power stayed off for 2.5 to 3 hours. I heard the hum actually better than I usually do since it was so quiet, but it was not louder for sure.

Through the group I belong to (mentioned below), I and another member agree that the hum is acoustic. He stated as a new member that he noticed the "strength" of the hum weaken when he turned his head. (My original post stated that I heard it more from one direction.) Since wearing ear plugs makes the hum go away for me, this supports my belief that it is acoustic.

I am glad to say that the hum has not been bothering me like it used to. It got really really bad, and I was drinking myself to death (alcohol) to try to cope. When I got physically sick from drinking so much, I quit that. During the sobering up days, the vibrations in bed were the strongest they had ever been so much that I slept on the hard wood floor in my room - where I did not feel them. (Anyone who would like to try to explain this, be my guest...)

I do know that alcohol makes this worse. While drinking, it will make the hum go away, but during the sobering up phase (if you have a binge lasting two or so days), the hum will be worse and I will feel the vibrations in bed. I might say that the vibrations are due to alcohol withdrawal, but I also feel the vibrations at random times (as far as I know) when I'm sober for a month or so. Withdrawal from alcohol, I guess then, makes them worse. What this means, I'm not sure.

Another thing I've concluded is that the hum is not simply external. That is obvious because not everyone in a location can hear it. Something in the body of the person also determines how the hum is perceived. What I notice when I -already- hear the hum is that if I sing to myself or hum a tune, when I stop, the Hum will be easily noticeably stronger. I realized this because sometimes I sing scales. Anyone who hears the hum is welcome to see how it affects it for them. I've asked certain other people, but nobody replied. Another thing that makes the hum worse is running a faucet. I noticed these things just out of the blue. Other steady noises might make the hum louder when they interrupt fairly quiet surroundings. You might experiment for yourself if you hear the hum.

Other things like HARRP or UFOs I do not feel to be a part of the problem at all.

As far as why my hum ever started, I don't know. I would say that drinking alcohol to help made it worse, though, when I was sobering up enough to notice. After a few days of recovery from the alcohol, eventually the hum and the vibrations go away completely or are barely noticeable. I definitely do not get agitated over it, and even when it's at it's worst these recent past weeks, it is not bothersome. Sometimes I do feel the vibrations even while not hearing the hum, which is something I didn't experience before (i.e., they used to only occur at the same time if I remember right).

I will try to keep up with this thread more or figure out how to get emails when new replies are posted.

Until then for anyone looking for the best source and group of members who hear the hum, I have been a member of a group on yahoo that is especially for anyone who hears the hum. Members are very helpful there and post links and state their experiences and reply to anyone else's questions and such. The group is "scientific," so that means any talk of UFOs or paranormal activity will really not be welcome. All new threads must be approved by a moderator. (Replies post automatically I think.)

The address is:
tech.groups.yahoo.com...

In reply to Julie, I have not tried putting my ear to floor. I think I've tried putting it up against a wall but don't remember what happened; I guess it was nothing to remember.

DrJay
No, I don't have high blood pressure. I take a medication for tachycardia. I've had tachycardia for a bit over two years and have been taking the same medication for over a year. The hum only started about 3 or 4 months ago. I don't take a beta-blocker; I take a medication that lowers my heart rate without interfering with my blood pressure. I will disagree with you. I don't believe for a second that this is tinnitus. For one it doesn't explain the vibrations felt in bed. Note that I can lay on the floor and not feel the vibrations in bed.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Today, the HUM was stronger than usual and I made an interesting discovery. I was outside and noticed the HUM seemed just as strong as inside the house and I wondered if I pressed my ear flaps (what is the name of the little cartilage flap next to your face bone that covers the ear canal if pressed on?) would I still hear the stupid HUM? At first I didn't press hard enough, I could still hear my own body noises (it can be very noisy). So, I pressed as hard as I could. No more ambient or body noises and I could still sense the HUM inside my head. You might have to move your head around like an antenna. It's weird, I know...Does this explain that the HUM is not a sound? It would be helpful if others who can "hear" the HUM, try this experiment.

I have noticed that at times there's resonance to the HUM. In rooms where the HUM is stronger, sometimes by knocking on certain things like the wall or furniture the sound will resonate. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it is very strange. I guess it echoes.

I hope others will try what I did today...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

Is it possibly tinnitus?

If not, you're are most likely hearing the trumpets....The sound is incising, you feel it sometimes as well. It will get worse...Good luck.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My flat well the bedroom just so happens to be in perfect
resonance with some kind of very low frequency hum.

i have been on to council dept about it and like the
top bloke said its very hard to get a sense of direction.

it does to me sound like a diesel engine all be it a
very large one ticking over.

i swear if i find the course i WILL destroy it.
god it drives me crazy.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am glad other people are hearing this to,i wrote a thread on this That irritating noise trying to find a answer,mine is not really a hum,it flunctuates between a high pitch and low pitch tone,it started a 17 years of age but only after i started to hear morse code sounds,the sound is sort of like the EBS ,any answers for my problem,and no it is not tinnitus already been testing for it

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

I forgot to reply to your observation about how the HUM gets stronger at times when you sing scales. I don't sing but I have noticed this too. I find myself at times "singing a note" or knocking on furniture just to see how the HUM does get "stronger". It actually "feels" stronger. It is a sensation in the ear area but also the brain. It gets stronger for a couple of seconds and then back to regular level, which for the most part lately has been tolerable.

I spoke to someone in Puerto Rico where they had a 5.7 earthquake recently. The person mentioned that right before the earthquake she noticed a HUM sound. She hasn't heard it since. It makes me wonder if whatever is causing this sound is also affecting earth, resulting in more earthquakes.

I recently came across this YouTube video about the Vashon Hum, here's the link: www.youtube.com...

Maybe it was here... My brain is turning into cottage cheese.
Did you try my experiment?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
WHERE'S EVERYONE? I'm I the only one hearing this HUM nowadays?

After almost 2 years of sensing this HUM, I still have too much curiosity not to want to find out what is causing it. Plus, it is not right NOT KNOWING.

Two more observations about the HUM:

To make the HUM temporarily louder/ stronger, blow your nose which makes your ears feel slightly plugged up and you will notice a difference in the strenth or loudness of the HUM.

Up until today, I thought the HUM could not be heard or felt at the beach because of the loud waves, but if you cover your ears by pressing on the little flaps as hard as you can stand, you will sense the HUM.
It is everywhere!

Let's hear from you.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If the Pineal Gland is really doing what mystics and scientist are most certain it can do. Then we are all experiencing the heightened awareness of this gland being excited by the planetary vibration increase aka HUM.

I cite this next paragraph from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

Miscellaneous anatomy

Pinealocytes in many non-mammalian vertebrates have a strong resemblance to the photoreceptor cells of the eye. Some evolutionary biologists believe that the vertebrate pineal cells share a common evolutionary ancestor with retinal cells.[8]

In some vertebrates, exposure to light can set off a chain reaction of enzymatic events within the pineal gland that regulate circadian rhythms.[9] Some early vertebrate fossil skulls have a pineal foramen (opening). This correlates with the physiology of the modern "living fossils," the lamprey and the tuatara, and some other vertebrates that have a parietal organ or "third eye," which, in some of them, is photosensitive. The third eye represents evolution's earlier approach to photoreception.[10] The structures of the third eye in the tuatara are homologous to the cornea, lens and retina, though the latter resembles that of an octopus rather than a vertebrate retina. The asymmetrical whole consists of the "eye" to the left and the pineal sac to the right. "In animals that have lost the parietal eye, including mammals, the pineal sac is retained and condensed into the form of the pineal gland."[10]

Unlike much of the rest of the mammalian brain, the pineal gland is not isolated from the body by the blood-brain barrier system;[11] it has profuse blood flow, second only to the kidney.[7]

Fossils seldom preserve soft anatomy. The brain of the Russian Melovatka bird, about 90 million years old, is an exception, and it shows a larger-than-expected parietal eye and pineal gland.[12]

In humans and other mammals, the light signals necessary to set circadian rhythms are sent from the eye through the retinohypothalamic system to the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN) and the pineal.

Read into this a bit. Use your logic centers to derive at a very plausible conclusion. Our planet vibrates at the Schumann resonances which happens at the frequency of 7.83 Hz.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now figure that your eyes & pineal gland pick up this vibration and now that we're on a certain change in human DNA evolution, many of us can now tap into a forgotten secret of our human nature here on planet Earth.

We should now rethink all the silly stuff talked about before. This HUM is not an ailment. It's a natural progression for us as humans to be connected more intently on the natural rhythms of the planet. You will be astound3d by the true power that we can tap into if you over-stand the final step we are moving towards as a race!

Z-Men
edit on 21-3-2011 by dabblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join