It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Is no one watching this?! [It's already over now, and I see no chatter on it]

Very strange. Thoughts, from those who watched it?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Text of the speech.

Didnt watch it and havent read it. Maybe when I get some down time at the office I'll scan it. Doubtful it will enrich my life or alter my opinion of the man in any though so maybe I'll just stare at ceiling tiles when the time comes.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I watched it. I think the President made a good speech. His delivery was measured, decent rhetoric expressing ideals that most people probably relate to.

There are probably things said in his speech that folks of all political persuasions will not agree with. Nothing in his speech surprised me, or caused me to feel that the award of the Nobel Peace prize to the President was justified, however I also don't doubt that President Obama's speech was inspirational to many.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am only putting this here for source of reference, this is the transcript of Obama's Nobel Acceptance Speech.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 12/10/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I watched a portion of the speech with my morning joe and all I can say is that it was nothing but a long winded rant written by his writers. He knows he doesn't deserve the award so he rambled on about what people want to hear. Typical Obama speech.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A real president doesnt need any writers in fact the speech are done by themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So, apparently you have some experience with living with presidents that have written their own speeches. Please, enlighten us on the last president that did not have a speech writer, if you would.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I find more and more that anyone who works in Washington D.C.'s power corridors just doesn't register on my give-a-d*mn meter. These people repulse me like fake televangelists repulse me. In other words straight to the core. I have no use for them and never will. Nuff said.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A profoundly moral speech, in the best sense of the word. There are haters out there who will despise Obama no matter what he says or does. But here, as in most of his speeches, his ethics are clear.

He will be remembered in history as one of the great orators of our times.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Please! Like who? What President was that? Lincoln maybe.
Enighten us!

new topics

top topics

join