It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V 2009 series (why only 4 episodes?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eclectic.thoughts

Hi Eclectic.thoughts.

That new release of V is amazing eh!? I fell in love with Morena Baccarin back in the 'Firefly' series, and she looked great in StarGate too.

I was going to watch that last episode with my mother, but every 10 minutes there was 15 minutes of commercials... Uggg, I hate commercials... (No TIVO here)

I downloaded the episode, and it had only 40 minutes run time, but it was slotted in for two hours... That's 80 minutes of commercials....

Sometimes I think the networks get a little too carried away with their commercials.

I downloaded some old 'Twilight Zone' shows, 30 min time slot, and about 24 mins runtime... Only 6 minutes for commercials... Quite the difference.

I find the commercials totally destroy the flow of the show....

Cheers,

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Moon Zero Two
www.imdb.com...

Classic British SciFi - play spot the Eagle cockpit from Space 1999
(and Catherine Schell is in the movie as well!)

You can find it on You Tube being riffed on by the Myster Science Theatre 3000 crowd.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
While i loved the show and thought the girl was super hot i dont understand who could possibly have obtained information that a tv show is the front for an alien disclosure. I wish i had access to such info, that would be the greatest insite in human history. My opinion is that people are just looking to be the next nostradamous or something yet they dont have any real ability so they fabricate storys to fit there desired outcome. Its all just ego
Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I gave up trying to understand the logic and reasons of these networks... Terminator and Bionic-woman tv-series were canceled and some other fantasic quality and not to forget popular sc-fi series were just booted out after switching them to a different broadcast day. They base their decisions on ratings and have an excuse when they are low. But why, on purpose, switch such a popular and well made tv-series to an evening with less viewers is a mistery to me. I fail to see the connection but mayby it is all about the golden rule......money...............and power.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
While i loved the show and thought the girl was super hot i dont understand who could possibly have obtained information that a tv show is the front for an alien disclosure.

I think the idea is they want to desensitize the public.

For instance, I think I could stare a 'lizard man' in the face without running away screaming for my mama... hehe

Ok, honestly, I would probably still run screaming for my mama, but I think that is the idea behind disclosure through the media...

Just my two cents worth...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I only had the chance to see the first 2 episodes of V. After watching the last episode tonight I admit that I found myself rolling on the floor.

The timing could not have been more perfect that the show stopped at the same time that it was exposing a conspiracy of control and extermination by the deliberate contamination of the flu vaccine and false claims of pandemics to scare people into lining up to get the shot.

The series is supposed to resume March 30th. I am curious to see how this will play out.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I could've sworn there's been more than 4 episodes so far. (I've been watching this show, too) Wiki says 4 is correct, though.

As for the huge break, it isn't just that show. Another show I was watching, Flashforward, also took a break at almost exactly the same time, and isn't coming back until March, either. Wiki says they had 10 episodes before the break, though, not 4 like V did.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

To be honest after watching the first 4 episodes of V unless they plan to stick strictly to the original and just be a remake I really don't see much promise of sticking power for this show.

Flash Forward has a bit of a better chance but something seems to be missing from this one also.

If they couldn't keep a show like Jericho going when there are more end of the world survival angles then you can shake a stick at; then they are in way over their heads with a new V or Flash Forward.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well i just seen my eighth episode of v here in australia.We never missed a episode and episode nine in on next week.I am surprised it was never axed after the second episode after all that sensitive stuff being incorperated in the series.The guy who plays the priest played another role in another alien series called taken.Was the series taken filmed by canadians as well as x files.The canadians seem to like filming series that contain aliens and there real intentions.Was the first v series filmed by canadians as well.What about other alien movies like communion,intruders,fire in the sky and close incounters of the third kind.How many of theses were made either in canada or by canadians.Does anyone know the answers to these questions.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I'll be rather annoyed if they pull out and can the series now.

Doubt that will happen.

Far too much subliminal stuff in the new V. It was brought back for a reason.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join