It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway's mysterious spiral blue light display: Was it a failed Russian Bulava missile test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Norway's mysterious spiral blue light display: Was it a failed Russian Bulava missile test?

www.dailymail.co.uk

What's blue and white, squiggly and suddenly appears in the sky?

If you know the answer, pop it on a postcard and send it to the people of Norway, where this mysterious light display baffled residents yesterday.

Speculation was increasing today that the display was the result of an embarrassing failed test launch of a jinxed new Russian missile.

The Bulava missile was test-fired from the Dmitry Donskoi submarine in the White Sea early on Wednesday but failed at the third stage, say newspapers
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Now by the look of these pictures and other pictures I have seen of failed missiles, The spiral looks way to uniform. Russia also denies they were testing anything, though you can take that with a grain of salt Perhaps, a HAARP testing? Very interesting though and something I have certainly never seen or heard of.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Personally to me, it looks like a holographic projection, or perhaps a 3D laser show.

Not sure what to make of it, plenty of images for study in the source link.
Neat find.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
On October 13th in 1917 over 60,000 witnessed the Event
promised by the 'Virgin Mary' at Fatima. The Sun 'danced' ,'Spiraled',
'changed colors'...

this event in Norway might be a cousin to that 1917 event,
but this 2009 event is tied to the approaching 2012 date.

end-times: there will be 'signs' & 'wonders' in the heavens (skys)

not being dismissive, but isn't the 'seed vault' up there in the far north?
www.cnn.com...

perhaps the blue beam will target the 'seed vault' (designed to help replenish the Earth after the 2012 cataclysm) and radiate the seed stash?

et's, aliens, spirit entities, virgin Mary's... there's someone/something playing with us mere humans

[edit on 10-12-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Not being a rocket scientist, but over the years have played with enough fireworks to give the Chinese a run for their money, how the hell can anyone say its a 'failed Russian missile'?
First off its moving TOO slowly to be a rocket and even if it WAS an out of control one I somehow do not see it maintaining a path upwards for the length of time it did.
The exhaust fumes would be eratic at best , those 'swirls' looked too uniform and not a bit like exhaust smoke.
plus what is with the 'blue' trail? not smoke related UNLESS they used diesel in the 'failed rocket'.

I'd not even go so far to say atmospheric anomaly either? But without evidence only photographic video I would hazard a guess to what it is? hologram test? Haarp test? Ufo?

Oh I know , gas pocket escaping from Uranus.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is a translation of an article in the Norwegian newspaper "VG" today:

"Silence about Russian rocket accident

While all of Norway was wondering about what the light phenomena over Northern Norway could be, both the Norwegian and Russian military defence had the answer.

But out of fear of revealing details about what Norway knows about the military activity on the Russian side, the leaders of defence kept their mouth shut yesterday.

It was probably a failed launch of an intercontinental rocket from Kvitsjøen by Arkhangelsk which created the light phenomena.

- We can not confirm that it was a rocket. But the phenomena in the sky is consistant with the previously announced activity in the area, says John Espen Lien, senior spokesman from the defence operative head quarter in Bodø.

Lien confirms that for strategical reasons, the defence will not give the Norwegian people further details about the reason for the spectacular light phenomena, which excited all of Northern Norway yesterday.

- The reason is in the nature of the issue. We have sensors and methods with capacities we do not want to be known to the public, says Lien.

The Russian marine denied yesterday that something like this have happened, despite the fact that the maritime alert system Navtex warns against rocket launches in the Southern area of Kvitsjøen until December 15.

But yesterday TV2 reported that sources in the Russian military confirms that a launch had been made at the time, at that it had failed."

www.vg.no...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Er, yeah , Ok , failled Russian rocket then, amazing how they denied it frst and then say " yeah , it was ours , but it has capabilites we don't want you to know about, but we'll tell you anyway"?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Er, yeah , Ok , failled Russian rocket then, amazing how they denied it frst and then say " yeah , it was ours , but it has capabilites we don't want you to know about, but we'll tell you anyway"?

Not sure who you mean by "they"...

There still has been no official confirmation from the Russian military that they had a rocked launch accident, this confirmation came from non official sources.

And it is the Norwegian defense who don't want to go public about what kind of surveilance systems they have. The military is always secretive about these things, it's hardly a surprise.

Anyway, I think this mystery is solved now.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I Will say this once more this wasnt a failed russian rocket from a sub, why?
cause there were no russians subs or any military subs in the waters at the time of the event.

I know for sure this isnt any rocket.

This is something eles, they are using russian failed rocket as a cover up.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If it is the rocket , I wonder if it really failed or if the rocket performed exactly as intended and that is why they do not wish to release any more info on it . No idea what they were really testing out there

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There is already a HUGE thread on this, with over 72 pages.

HERE

Search is your friend.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Please join the existing discussion on this topic found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join