It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your QOC size ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As a result of unrelenting boredome today, I have thought of a way for members to determine their QOC measurement.

QOC stands for Quality Of Content, I think the easiest way is to use the " star" system, which are basicaly pats on the back by other members.

you basicaly divide your number of stars, by your total number of posts. Which basicaly gives you your star per post average.

I havent figured out how to apply applause to all of this, and am open to ideas, whatever helps pass the time. haha

so mine is 939 divided by 721

which gives me a QOC of 1.3

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Appx 1.8

But, in all fairness, it may not be a good indicator of Quality.

Sometimes the comments that do not get the stars, are just someone taking the unfavorable position, or you post to a lot of threads that do not get attention.

Of course I never do that.

And than I have the site guys giving me reminders-You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

Jeez-I have enough stress in my life without being reminded I am expected to excel. Sometimes that foot in the mouth comment just makes me feel a little-different.

As for applause-only the site gives you those.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
First off, I vote that this thread be moved to BTS General Chit Chat.

My stats are:

Flags: 433
Stars: 853
Applause: 100

I don't think it's too important though.
I just enjoy the time I spend on the boards.

And stars have only been around for a short time, a lot less time than I've been posting here.

EDIT: Why do I feel like I just entered a pissing contest, or who has the biggest penis ??? :shk:

[edit on 10/12/2009 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

My girlfriend says my size is perfect.

Seriously though, its really bugging me that I keep working on new posts to try and contribute to this site. My problem is, I dont have much free time due to work, being in the reserves, and playing in a few bands. I spend days if not weeks trying to put together the ultimate post to appeal to people, but every time, someone posts something similar and I scrap the idea. Sure, I could post anyways, knowing full well that someone else has already touched on this topic, but we all know how pissed people get when there are multiple posts regarding the same topics. I have such a pitiful contribution so far, I feel like a loser on here compared to some people who seem to post new topics three times a day. One of these days you will see something from me, and I swear to you it will be relevant, and it will be good. At least I'll try

[edit on 10-12-2009 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I'd say the number of applauses are a much better indicator and you seem to have an unbelievable amount of those!! (compared to the amount of posts).

You rock!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Well thanks, but I had to make a lot of posts to get the applause.

There used to be points on the side bar, everyone bragged about their points for a while. And then once you had enough they became irrelevant.

I'm not sure if you can even use them anymore.

Edit: It's on the user page, ATS & BTS points. My total is 255,064, but some have millions and nothing to do with them.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Apparently if I did it right, My QOC size is 2.04.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

No, you did it backwards. Your "QOC" is .48 with the stars/posts forumla. My QOC is .94 when that formula is used. It is 1.03 when I divide posts by stars. I made the same mistake too.

There was a member who, before he got banned, came up, indirectly, with a similar idea. What he did was an "approval rating". What he did, as I remember, is add up stars, flags, and applauses then divided that by the total post count. I think that this may be a little more accurate because it accounts for everything good that can happen to you on ATS. (Of course, this also can lead to you having an approval of greater than 100%! :lol

I guess both can be skewed a bit though depending on how much you post, where you post, and some other things.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by octotom]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Flags: 61
Stars: 219

Threads Started: 23
Total Replies: 305
Applause: 3

so 350 divided by 219 would be about 1.2

23 divided by 3 is about 35.1

Looks like I win
Whats my prize? =)

[edit on 10-12-2009 by DjSharperimage]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
People tend to star posts that they agree with far more often than they will star posts that are simply well written. If anything, your ratio of stars-to-posts just shows how well you follow the flock.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

so 350 divided by 219 would be about 1.2

You did it backwards. The OP said to divide stars by total number of posts.

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
you basicaly divide your number of stars, by your total number of posts.

So, 219/350=.63

23 divided by 3 is about 35.1

How do you figure?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Aah, boo hoo...I've got 0.7

Flags: 405
Stars: 584
Total Replies: 1,941
Applause: 2

Who ever said size doesn't matter???

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Your a ten in my book Jinxy, and I hope this doesnt turn into a " who gots a bigger QOC" contest, I just thought it would be interesting.

and alot of you are doing it backwards, the formula is Stars divided by Total number of Posts.

I'm not sure if we should use applauses, as those are issued by Mods.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
stars/flags=ZERO indication of quality , and TBH often indicate partisan or sensationalist idiocy

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, is this what we have been reduced to, comparing our QOCs?

Everyone's QOC is special, there are no two QOCs alike ... be happy with the QOC you got and don't envy anyone else's QOC.

And please, bragging about one's QOC is a little childish ... I for one will have no part in it!

Don't flaunt your QOC!

[edit on 10 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Or lead.

As many will agree to a post but not opine themselves.

===========================================

I'm horrible at math, no idea about this quality content, if someone does it add 5000 ats points. Mine depends on my mood, I sometimes write well thought out posts. Sometimes I just opine, and sometimes I just fail.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
my QOC:

Star/Post Ratio: 1829/1454 = 1.26
Applause/Thread's Started Ratio: 22/124 = 0.18
Flag/Thread's Started: 500/124 = 4.03

Now, wouldn't it be fun to see these statistics for all of ATS and see where we all rank on our QOC...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
and to hammer home just how flawed the QOC concept is :

how impressed would you be with a QOC of 6.0 - yup SIX

impressed ?

well are you still impressed when you se who it is

the QOC " rating " just failed - rather spectacularly

PS - he had 821 flags too - so that clearly failed as an indicator of quality

[edit on 10-12-2009 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the QOC " rating " just failed - rather spectacularly

Maybe the QOC should be a friends vs. foes ratio

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A lot of variables here to consider...

For example:

Back in the day, there were WATS awards (Way Above Top Secret)...given on a monthly basis as a vote by members and mods. That should certainly count for a lot. There was even a WATS for the year....

There is of course, the fact that many of these flags, stars, etc. were instituted fairly recently, so older members would have a severe disadvantage in the calculation.

Then, you have Mods, who generally don't applaud other mods, etc. (not to mention, even one being made a Mod or Super in the first place). Of course, the easy solution is to simply say, "mods don't count", hehe....

Fun to look at though...I've got about as many posts (or maybe a few more), than Skeptic Overlord himself....
(I'm prolific, I guess)....

It's a neat idea though, to quantify it, but difficult for a true comparison...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join