It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter unsettling disclosure (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Erm...

Just stumbled across this video of Steven Spielberg in 1977 (initially discussing his film) but JUST as the video ends he says:

2:40

www.youtube.com...

'There is a rumour in the Us news report a couple of months ago, that Jimmy Carter might make some unstelling disclosure about the upho phenomena sometime in December'

---

What's this about?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Didn't he claim to have seen a UFO like a long time ago?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

What's this about?

It's about a guy trying to get interest in a movie about Aliens.

30 years later and we re still talking about it.

I think his marketing worked.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Right.

In 1969 Jimmy Carter reported seeing a UFO in Leary, Georgia.

In Robert Sheaffer's book "UFO Sightings: The Evidence" you can find Jimmy Carter's description. There were numerous witnesses that reported it as a "green light". Later Jimmy Carter, in a 2005 interview, mentioned that the UFO went from green to blue, to red, and finally to white just before disappearing.

Carter also stated that in his campaign(1976), if he was elected, he would make the UFO phenomena information publicly available. Despite winning the election, Carter distanced himself from said disclosure.....I wonder why...

A2D

edit to add: this is Carter's official document...

upload.wikimedia.org...
upload.wikimedia.org...

they may be difficult to read, but you can manage if you know what you're doing

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Erm...

Just stumbled across this video of Steven Spielberg in 1977 (initially discussing his film) but JUST as the video ends he says:

2:40

www.youtube.com...

'There is a rumour in the Us news report a couple of months ago, that Jimmy Carter might make some unstelling disclosure about the upho phenomena sometime in December'

---

What's this about?

I saw this interview before and I do believe him. He's not the only one either and not just about aliens to. Do all of you remember Stanley Kubrick and his famous movie 2001 a Space Odyssey. Word is that he helped in the making of the test (or depending on your believe the fake) landing on the moon. And in return he was given card blanche to make movies the way he wanted because of that secret and the other secrets that where told to him during the making of the landing. Ask yourself, there are business people and professors and scientists that have been told about ET's and know about them, but they know life and they know where they are in the chain. And that is they are a lone nail that can easily be hammered down. Also presidents aren't above being kept out of the loop or essentially told they won't see things by the rest of the govt. Believe it or not the president don't have access or the clearance to see certain projects or programs or whatever. He may think so, but he doesn't and if he pushes the issue they will give him this or that or say it doesn't exists. What do you do if that happens, you do nothing. And there is the last card also that is used by these shadow intelligence organizations, blackmail and threats.

Have you wondered why politicians or even govt. officials do things that seem so out of the norm. It's because somebody may have something on him and he's afraid of it coming out. How hard do you think it is for the CIA to monitor not just us but political figures in congress and the Whitehouse. I think they postponed that disclosure and are waiting for another time. We are going to have disclosure, I'm waiting for the situation that happens that will not be able to be explained. Just likethe 1952 fly over of lights over two days of the capital (Washington) at night.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The reason he distanced himself from it, and the media and UFOlogy groups from him was because of the attack of the giant killer bunny.

I am not kidding.

Carter claimed he was attacked by a giant rabbit that was trying to kill him, and he came across as a loony bin, and gave discredit to UFOlogy.

The UFO report dates are as follows:

The Jimmy Carter UFO Incident is the name given to an incident in which Jimmy Carter (US President 1977-1981) reported seeing an unidentified flying object while at Leary, Georgia in 1969.

While governor of Georgia, Carter was asked to file a report of the sighting by the International UFO Bureau in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, which he did in September 1973.[1] Since its writing, the report has been discussed several times by both Ufologists and by members of the mainstream media. [2][3][4] Carter doubts that the object was an alien spacecraft. [5]

en.wikipedia.org...

and the bunny incident:

The Jimmy Carter rabbit incident, dubbed the "killer rabbit" attack by the media, involved a Swamp Rabbit that caught press imagination after furiously trying to board then-U.S. President Jimmy Carter's fishing boat on April 20, 1979.

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically, what it tended to come down to for people at the time was credibility. Since most people considered him to be one of the worst presidents, that factor along with the bunny factor tended to make him come across as less than credible.

When it comes to UFOlogy and credibility, you are probably aware that credibility is a huge factor in how someone views sighting reports.

Now, whether it be a disinformation tactic or the like, is a wholeother argument. Attempts to makepeople reporting sightings seem less than credible used to be considered the norm moreso than it is in todays more accepting society.

If his sighting were to happen today, it would be treated in a whole different atmosphere than it was then.

And of course, the best way to ruin someones' credibility is to make them appear to be a loon, or to publish the story in the Sun or The Enquirer, which for how Carter was treated, is about what happened.

He himself stated he did not feel it was alien in nature, but the picture was painted of him being a crackpot, so it is still considered open, I would suppose, for discussion. Unfortunately, his credibility suffered enormously, and no one really took him seriously.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Nothing surprising there. EVERY POLITICIAN MAKES FALSE PROMISES. Or, maybe they intend to do something, but once they are elected the shadow government puts them in their place.

Either way, I used to admire Jimmy for his attempt at disclosure, but as of late his stupid

commentary regarding every political topic on the MSM has made me realize this guy is just another typical attention whore. No wonder people call this guy "the worst president"

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
www.presidentialufo.com...

Extract:

. National Security: Jimmy Carter entered the White House determined to release the UFO files, inspired by the fact he himself had had a sighting. However, after a UFO briefing Carter changed teams joining the cover-up side. He told actress Shirley MacLaine "it was true…there were occupants," and that he wanted to "shine the sunshine laws on it to see how the people would react," but he "couldn’t and wouldn’t."

Carter spelled out that if the subject involved "national security" he wouldn’t release that material. Anything that the briefers would tie into threat to the security of the nation would be reason for Carter to keep quiet. Carter stated,

I don’t see any reason to keep information like that secret but there may be some aspect of the UFO information with which I am not familiar that might be related to some secret experiments that we doing that might involve our national security –our new weapons systems. I certainly wouldn’t release that. But if it was something removed from our national security, in my opinion as President I would go ahead and release that. I see nothing wrong with that.

Research attorney Peter Gerston stated "officials simply do not disclose secret information whether it be in the interests of national security or in their own vested interests."

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
As far as I have heard, Carter relaxed information on
some available technologies including that of Tesla.
Weather that meant UFO we didn't know at that time and
the library is now off limits and the man with the need to
know is nowhere to be found.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well didn't he grow up on a peanut farm? Most people probably just thought he was nuts.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hitler gave us the new world order technology,
that's why no one speaks of Tesla inventing the
carbon less energy sources.

We still have it but the knowledge is going fast the more you think
aliens instead of Tesla.

Carter promised some type of disclosure and a restricted library
on Tesla was relaxed until Bush.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
The reason he distanced himself from it, and the media and UFOlogy groups from him was because of the attack of the giant killer bunny.

I am not kidding.

Carter claimed he was attacked by a giant rabbit that was trying to kill him, and he came across as a loony bin, and gave discredit to UFOlogy.

Hmmm...A new Spielberg movie?:
Swamp Rabbits From Space

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

I am not kidding.

He didn't just claim so, it actually happened. There were corroborating witnesses and the incident was filmed:

en.wikipedia.org...

The rabbit wasn't "giant", it was just one bad m.........g rabbit. Of course the incident begs to be ridiculed, and of course the Republicans jumped all over it.

If you read through the statements Jimmy Carter (and the other witnesses) actually made on his UFO observation, it seems totally insane how some debunkers claim (they) simply saw the planet Venus ("bad Astronomy" Philip Plait recently said so).

Yo find lots of re-hashed and more or less erroneous info on this UFO observation, but I guess that's just how the internet works... in mysterious ways.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I want to bring this issue up because I am watching a History Channel document that shows how President Carter was call the UFO president, is so important to point out that those that believes on UFOs do not need to go any farther than Carters Experience on the UFOs and what he tried to accomplish or cover up once he became president.

This is a very important issue of how much a government figure was a believer, it seems that after him in the Whitehouse Reagan made various statements on how it Aliens were a danger to our World.

I will comeback to elaborate more but feel free to add to this thread.

I hope somebody is interested.

join