It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government serves pet food quality meat at public schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nikobellic

I don't know about KFC but watch the documentary Supersize Me! McDonalds used genetically enhanced chicken for their chicken nuggets. they have found a way to make chickens breasts grow extra large so you get more nuggets from the meat per chicken. This is supposed to be more cost effective.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
There is nothing unhealthy about old hens that don't lay anymore.

This is the chicken that is found in popular canned soups and other chicken products.

The cooking process is more involved as the older fowl must be pressure cooked or cooked longer to turn out tender and palatable.

These older chickens are sold to many companies. Pet foods, government institutions and even popular soup companies buy this product.

The old chicken is safe to consume.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Certain states have laws requiring a particular curriculum be taught in schools. They also have "requirements" on what exactly should be covered in each subject during the year. Yearly "tests" are given to students in order to show what has been learned.

One of the problems with this is many teachers are now teaching to the test. If certain test results are not met each year, teachers (and Principals) can face punitive action and possibly termination.

The pressure to perform is tremendous. All it takes is a few students to deliberately answer incorrectly in your subject matter to skew the test scores. This is one of the reasons I retired early after 16 years of teaching.

As far as school lunches go, our system served french fries almost everyday and used them as a vegetable that is required. Most of the meat contains so much fat and grease it runs out onto the tray.

The breakfast that is served includes leftover pizza from the day before at least two days a week. Any leftover food from lunch is reused for up to four to five days. No wonder the students hate the lunchroom food.

The area I speak of is rural and a decent percentage of families fall below the poverty line. Many of them are so hungry these below standard meals are a treat for them.

I have written to our state senators and representatives several times over the years trying to improve our state's standards for school meals, but little has been done. It really is sad...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemicalSubstance

Not to worry (sarcasm), this garbage only goes to poor children in public Schools, the Presidents children will be fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
Dude, you think that stuff is bad..try jail food...

It is the lowest grade bolgna imaginable...at least the 4 star ones ive spent quality time in...

People would pay serious money in jail to get their hands on "spent hens" chicken...

I spent a few days in jail and will confirm this. I saw a couple kids my age there that would have been able to defend themselves and were doing good walking out into the day room. I can say today, that I have never tasted jail food. Just by looking at jail food I can say that it has no nutritional value and
I saw one of the jailers outside a grocery store a few months ago and asked her what she was doing. Turns out, the grocery store sells their expired food items to the jail. Technically, the food served to inmates is not fit to eat by humans. If a restaurant serves expired anything, they can be fined.

By the way, I was innocent.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Happyfeet]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Me personally... I would rather eat my children's lunches provided at the school than eat at some of the Chinese Restaurants around here.

<< 1   >>

join