It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government serves pet food quality meat at public schools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Disturbing report on how US gov supply's meat from "spent hens" (old chickens that can no longer lay eggs) which is said to be "only fit for dog food and school children".

Anything to save a few penny's eh? This is sickening

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We could save a buck or two, by totally eliminating the school lunch program. Let's go back to the good ole days where you brought your own.

Ahhhh.....nevermind once government programs start they never go away.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow, our pets are eating pretty good then, eh?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And just think they want to administer our health care.

Yea, I don't think so this is despicable. What do you expect though they don't even teach the kids proper education.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i guess our pets are eating as good as our children do. thank god my son takes his own lunch to school. i always thought lunch from school tasted a lil funny when i was in school
anyways s&f

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This kinda makes you wonder what's in our T.V. dinners, or other things for that matter. I admit, as a little kid I was curious and ate some dog food, wasn't bad to be honest. But now, thinking about all those lunches I ate in elementary and middle school, bleah.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This thread only proves that Fox News hasn't a Frakkin' clue on the level of involvement that the Fed has with schools. Sweet mercy, get a grip, folks! Your local schools get their food from the same damn suppliers as your local restaurant (and it ain't a government pantry)!!! Talk about your total BS that anyone with half a brain should be able to see through! Funny how folks here on ATS say not to trust the MSM until some tripe like this is reported! GIMME A DAMN BREAK!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You should have watched the video then you would have known that the report the segment was based on was from the USA Today.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just be glad that you are not in the near future when they feed the kids Soylent Green.

SOYLENT GREEN, IT'S PEOPLE!!!!

Seriously, why does anyone believe Federal public schools should not go the way of the DODO?

For every single thing that the Federal Government does, you can extrapolate what they will do, when taking over other things.

No kid left behind-interpratation-we will teach at the slowest child's level.

Excellent structure if you think about it-Idiocracy training at its finest.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I was not aware that USA Today was not part of the MSM??? Tell you what, go park near the delivery entrance of your local school cafeteria. If there is a food delivery that is not from SYSCO, Gordon Foods, or some other commercial food supplier, I'll stand naked on the Lincoln Memorial screaming the evils of the Fed for the rest of my natural life.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Amen brother! Amen! you hit the nail on the head. Especially about holding all our children to the standerds of slower children.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You do realize all those places have multiple suppliers don't you? They don't just have one level of product, the have different levels of product the wholesale to more customers to increase their profits.

It's not rocket science it's business.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's worse than all that. I know people who get government food. USDA approved meats and stuff. its all horrible full of fat and salt and they give you each month all kinds of stuff that's bad for you.. They want you to live on this garbage.

Everything is denatured, no fruit or veggies unless it is canned. The meat is beef and chicken and its full of fat, tripe (ground intestines) salt and other ground up guts that the mechanical process does not screen out. They always give cheese.

If they give you juice in a can, it's always Pasteurized .. The biggest scam on earth. Life giving enzymes die at 110 degrees. You have to heat something over 150 degrees to pasteurize it, killing all the good life giving stuff in the juice. Pasteurization is done on milk to kill bacteria from the cow. There is Never any reason to pasteurize juice. It does not come from a cow. But look in the store.. all juice is treated with pasteurization including a lot of "organic" juices. Plus, the can is metal and is not lined. This leaches extra vitamins an minerals from the juice an gives the juice a metallic flavor.

Their RDA for vitamins and minerals are as low as you can get. They were never designed to make a body healthy.. but only to stave off the most serious of disease. They admit this in their RDA guideline books. If you want you body to be healthy, you need to double or triple the RDA. this will allow your body to have a stronger immune system and fight off sickness so you wont need their drugs. But they don't want you to know this because as long as they can barely keep you alive they can sell you drugs.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yes, but none of it is from the 'Gubermint'. I work in the food service industry, and yes, they have different 'grades' of product, the better the grade, the higher the price. But the budgets for your local school are determined by your local school board and you the local voter of that school district, not the federal government. To infer otherwise is simply and stunningly ignorant!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I had heard long ago that Taco Bell uses pet-food grade meat. I can't verify if it is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Last time I checked "Public School" means government run as in our taxes go to pay for it as you mentioned. Last time I also checked most of the kids pay for their lunch unless you qualify for reduced cost or free lunch. Last time I also checked they are cutting the budgets for school.

Just because you work in the food service industry does not make you an expert in it especially when it comes to the way the government runs things. You can go ahead and dismiss the report all you want, but it doesn't make your opinion valid.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

i had heard that too. its just like the rumor about kfc using genetically altered chickens for their meals. never seen any hard proof tho

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Dude, you think that stuff is bad..try jail food...

It is the lowest grade bolgna imaginable...at least the 4 star ones ive spent quality time in...

People would pay serious money in jail to get their hands on "spent hens" chicken...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I think Jail is one of the only places where you can eat 3 meals a day lay around all day and still lose weight. Jail freaking sucks. Not to mention there is no telling what is going on back there in the kitchen.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Dude, these are innocent young kids, probably done nothing wrong in their lives and they are forced to eat meat that will probably give some of them bowl cancer later on in life.

That's my point, it's not meant to be like jail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join