It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse ventura conspiracy theory episode two

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I am not smarter, Jesse is making the money, the smart guy takes the money, I am a dolt compared to the action and the fantasy Jesse dishes out. He wins! I hate to see the dumbed down junk on the show actually has an audience; I watched the show to see how stupid some of the ideas are; all the claims tied for the dumbest idea. Jesse is making the bucks, he is presenting the junk that can sell something. Not sure if Jesse really believes this junk or he is acting. He sure built this up over the past few years; I thought he went bonkers, but he has a show now.

Sorry, there are zero claims he made that are backed up with evidence; I can’t find a single shred of evidence in his show. If you have some evidence now is the time to take the allegations and form a rational story to claim the Pulitzer Prize. Go get it before Jesse finds the evidence he needs to beat you.

Go ahead pick anything in the show and prove it is not nonsense and you will be famous on Larry King live and on the road to a Pulitzer. Jesse will not be earning anything for supporting the false information he uses to imply conspiracy theories on 911.

I enjoyed seeing how dumb the 911 conspiracy ideas are. Does not make me smarter, makes me a poor engineer who flew heavy jets who can’t find anything Jesse said to have value except when I want to entertain fictional conspiracy theories. Smart would be having the ability to educate those who believe the things Jesse said and have them see Jesse has zero evidence.

Why the buildings come down so quickly? Jesse, if you do the math and look at the momentum transfer you come up with much slower than a free fall collapse with over 12 seconds; and the real collapse was longer with sections falling after 20 seconds. But it could take engineering or some research to find the answer; I can see how Jesse was not equipped to understand physics and engineering. If he only went to some colleges to get the real engineering stamp of approval. But he sticks with the people who support the theme of the show.

The painted on thermite failed to cut the beam, and would have left tons of evidence. No products of thermite were found. No spent thermite found. Jones got fired for making up the thermite fantasy; just a note.

Black boxes are not indestructible. The collapse of each tower was over the energy of 130 tons of TNT. Black boxes were not found in the WTC debris; over 220 acres of office space spread over 19 acres of NYC. So? Where did they find their experts? They were funny.

Intercepts of hijacked airplanes; please show me one case before 911. Why would anyone shoot down a hijacked airplane before 911? The intercept on Payne Stewart’s plane was not down by NORAD and took over 80 minutes, and the plane was not armed. Can’t believe they presented the change in hijack procedure scam. Look it up.

The FDR/CVR stuff is cool; so much hearsay you need a team with big shovels to pile the waste.

I like the super thermite crap. Even the jet fuel has more heat energy, 10 times more heat energy than thermite, and chocolate chip cookies have even more energy. Why did they not present the heat energy in joules of the office fires and how much thermite it takes to equal that? Why no real science, just wild talk? Wild talk is the Jones junk.

The thermite is neat, but like explosives it is short on energy or we would use it for driving our cars. Armed with a little physics and some knowledge Jesse’s show becomes a joke.

Jesse’s claims many, Jesse’s real evidence zero. Lots of hearsay. Not the best editing.

The truth will set you free speech by Jesse was funny. I enjoyed the show, the claims are lame, but the stupidity was entertaining. When is the last time you see a claim clearly refuted and the show goes on? Thermite dies a quick death on Jesse's show.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by Orion7911
hold on there disinfodave, if i didn't know better, i'd say you're mixing and twisting the facts again... but you're welcome to correct me... you seem to be mixing the two testimonies together... so are you talking about minetas testimony about FLIGHT 77, or 93? Can't wait to hear this one.

Well, then, I guess you don't know better, becuase if you had read Norm Mineta's testimony to the 9/11 commission you would have known his testimony was about both flight 77 *AND* 93. They weren't two separate testimonies. It was one continuous testimony, and he clearly said he didn't know what "the order still stands" was at the time but subsequently learned it was a shoot down order, and he clearly said that becuase of that order, he originally thought flight 93 had been shot down:

MR. [LEE] HAMILTON: We thank you for that. I wanted to focus just a moment on the
Presidential Emergency Operating Center. You were there for a good part of the day. I
think you were there with the vice president. And when you had that order given, I think it
was by the president, that authorized the shooting down of commercial aircraft that were
suspected to be controlled by terrorists, were you there when that order was given?

MR. [NORMAN] MINETA: No, I was not. I was made aware of it during the time that the
airplane coming into the Pentagon. There was a young man who had come in and
said to the vice president, "The plane is 50 miles out. The plane is 30 miles out." And
when it got down to, "The plane is 10 miles out," the young man also said to the vice
president, "Do the orders still stand?" And the vice president turned and whipped
his neck around and said, "Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything
to the contrary?" Well, at the time I didn't know what all that meant. And --

MR. HAMILTON: The flight you're referring to is the --

MR. MINETA: The flight that came into the Pentagon.

MR. HAMILTON: The Pentagon, yeah.

MR. MINETA: And so I was not aware that that discussion had already taken
place. But in listening to the conversation between the young man and the vice president,
then at the time I didn't really recognize the significance of that. And then later I heard of
the fact that the airplanes had been scrambled from Langley to come up to DC, but those
planes were still about 10 minutes away. And so then, at the time we heard about the
airplane that went into Pennsylvania, then I thought, "Oh, my God, did we shoot it down?"
And then we had to, with the vice president, go through the Pentagon to check that out.

MR. HAMILTON: Let me see if I understand. The plane that was headed toward the
Pentagon and was some miles away, there was an order to shoot that plane down [?]

MR. MINETA: Well, I don't know that specifically, but I do know that the airplanes
were scrambled from Langley or from Norfolk, the Norfolk area. But I did not know about
the orders specifically other than listening to that other conversation.

MR. HAMILTON: But there very clearly was an order to shoot commercial aircraft
down.

MR. MINETA: Subsequently I found that out.

All you need to do is look at Mineta's testimony where he reports that fighters were scrambled from Langley to come to DC to put the "no fighters were scrambled" nonsense to rest. If you want to play these childish games and call me a disinformation agent in order to keep your conspriacy stories alive, go right ahead, becuase it doesn't bother me in the least. At the end of the day, you STILL need to show why anything I'm saying here is incorrect.

WRONG... this issue has to do with flight 77 and the pentagon. STOP TRYING TO TWIST THINGS and divert the issue. you're a clever agent to give a misdirection and alter the key issue that has nothing to do with what you're trying to claim was not 77 but a scrambled military jet heading to the pentagon. cheney was talking about flight 77... If thats false, prove it.

I don't know what you think you disproved or proved so far... but once again this is yet another CLEAR example of your mind games and disinfo tactics diverting attention from whats blatantly obvious about this aspect of the 9/11 conspiracy that clearly implicates cheney as having directly given a stand-down order on a rogue "plane" that had locked onto a heading toward the pentagon.

let me repeat the key word...........FLIGHT.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Have you seen the promos for the show? Have you seen him promote it? Have seen the actual show? He does not even pretend to be interested in anything but getting to the bottom of the conspiracy. Obviously that is not fair and balanced. It is television. It is made to entertain. Sometimes some truth sneaks in.

Then if that's the case then he's done a horribly BAD attempt at it, becuase yes, I HAVE seen it. I'm not going to come here and criticize something when I don't even know what it is I'm criticizing.

He makes statements which simply are not true, he passes on unsubstanciated and improbable information, and he keeps askign questions that, if he had actually read the 9/11 report that he claimed he did on the show, he would have known already. The supposed commando raid he pulled on hanger 17 was dressed up like there was some secret black op going on was 100% theatrics, and the hack job he did with the Van Romero segment on Thermite was about as perfect a description of "comparing apples and oranges" as it gets.

He's not pretending to get to the bottom of anything. He's repeating everythign those damned fool conspiracy web sites are putting out almost word for word, to get people to believe there's a conspiracy going on, regardless of what the truth actually is.

I know you debunkers really enjoy telling people that they ignore your sources so Merry Christmas. I will not listen to Howard Stern tell a doctor the only antivenom that could cure me. Call me biased or whatever you like but if the OS movement is going to hold up Howard Stern as any kind of pinnacle of anything then you lost already.

On the contrary, Jesse Ventura went to Howard Stern specifically becuase Ventura knew Stern had a gigantic audience to pitch his conspriacy stories to. I'm not the one who's bringing Howard Stern into the mix. Ventura is. I only mentioned it as an example of Ventura being a 9/11 conspiracy groupie long before his television show came out.

So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander: if Ventura believes a radio show featuring every whackadoodle from alchoholic midgets to people who get off on transvestites vomiting on them...and I'm not even making that up... is actually a legitimate outlet to express his conspiracy theories, then he's lost already. You're not holding a double standard on your values, now, are you?

Ah, so you really do not know much of Jesse Ventura. Perhaps you should scan the channels in the car once in a while. It is well know, well I thought it was, that he is a conspiracy minded person and finds that sort of thing very interesting. You know he was governor once and that was long before 9/11. Read up on it some time.

Did YOU even watch his conspiracy show? He peddled the fact that he used to be governor of Minnesota every chance he got in his show in an attempt to gather more credibility for himself. Problem is, the governor of MY state was sent to prison for corruption, so he's coming to the wrong person to try that stunt.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Then if that's the case then he's done a horribly BAD attempt at it, becuase yes, I HAVE seen it. I'm not going to come here and criticize something when I don't even know what it is I'm criticizing.

You might want to check that then. You seemed to think you were educating me that Ventura has a side about 9/11. You seemed to have just realized from this show starting that he is biased. You seemed to have no clue that he has been all over talk radio for oh...about 8 years talking about this. You really seemed to have no idea that it was kind of already known that he was a conspiracy nut and thought 9/11 was an inside job. I guess that is just how I read it though.

He makes statements which simply are not true, he passes on unsubstanciated and improbable information, and he keeps askign questions that, if he had actually read the 9/11 report that he claimed he did on the show, he would have known already. The supposed commando raid he pulled on hanger 17 was dressed up like there was some secret black op going on was 100% theatrics, and the hack job he did with the Van Romero segment on Thermite was about as perfect a description of "comparing apples and oranges" as it gets.

Yup, it sure was television, wasn't it?

He's not pretending to get to the bottom of anything. He's repeating everythign those damned fool conspiracy web sites are putting out almost word for word, to get people to believe there's a conspiracy going on, regardless of what the truth actually is.

That really sounds more like an opinion than anything else. That is not fair when all he ever says about you are nice things.

On the contrary, Jesse Ventura went to Howard Stern specifically becuase Ventura knew Stern had a gigantic audience to pitch his conspriacy stories to. I'm not the one who's bringing Howard Stern into the mix. Ventura is.[\quote]

huh? When did I talk to Jesse? I would swear I was replying to you bringing up Howard Stern. Are you sure you did not bring Stern up? I checked and I did reply to you and it was your screen name. Jesse sure is tricky.

I only mentioned it as an example of Ventura being a 9/11 conspiracy groupie long before his television show came out.

If you knew as much about him as you are trying to profess, you would know that there are many many many places to find evidence of that. You could have even gone with that popular O & A clip that was so popular a couple of weeks ago. You could have gone with something slightly less offensive on the other hand as well. There is plenty out there.

So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander: if Ventura believes a radio show featuring every whackadoodle from alchoholic midgets to people who get off on transvestites vomiting on them...and I'm not even making that up... is actually a legitimate outlet to express his conspiracy theories, then he's lost already. You're not holding a double standard on your values, now, are you?

I guess you will have to remind me what my first set of standards was? You seem to think I have professed Jesse as a hero of mine. Did I?

Did YOU even watch his conspiracy show? He peddled the fact that he used to be governor of Minnesota every chance he got in his show in an attempt to gather more credibility for himself. Problem is, the governor of MY state was sent to prison for corruption, so he's coming to the wrong person to try that stunt.

Ummmm....yes. Your point? When did I say he did NOT mention it or when did I say that made him the man in the know?

I am not sure what you read but I was simply pointing out that anyone familiar with him even a little should have known what to expect. Anyone that has ever watched television should have known what to expect. TRU tv has more comedians on staff than anything else. You seemed to think you were providing some great revelation by explaining to simple folk like me that JV thought 9/11 was an inside job and that his tv show came off like a tv show. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion7911
WRONG... this issue has to do with flight 77 and the pentagon. STOP TRYING TO TWIST THINGS and divert the issue. you're a clever agent to give a misdirection and alter the key issue that has nothing to do with what you're trying to claim was not 77 but a scrambled military jet heading to the pentagon. cheney was talking about flight 77... If thats false, prove it.

Dude, I don't know what kind of stunt it is you're trying to pull, but it's the day before Christmas so I'm really not in the mood. You asked, and I quote...

"hold on there disinfodave, if i didn't know better, i'd say you're mixing and twisting the facts again... but you're welcome to correct me... you seem to be mixing the two testimonies together... so are you talking about minetas testimony about FLIGHT 77, or 93? Can't wait to hear this one."

You asked whether I was referring to Mineta's testimony on flight 77 or flight 93, and I answered he was referring to both. It's there in black and white, so it's ridiculous to say I'm twisting things when I'm showing what he said by posting his testimony verbatim. If you think I'm distorting his actual testimony then go look it up yourself. It's not hard to find.

Ignoring my actual statement in order to substitute a distorted misrepresentation of that statement is the definition of "straw man argument". You do know that, right?

again this is yet another CLEAR example of your mind games and disinfo tactics diverting attention from whats blatantly obvious about this aspect of the 9/11 conspiracy that clearly implicates cheney as having directly given a stand-down order on a rogue "plane" that had locked onto a heading toward the pentagon.

...which Mineta specifically shows to be wrong when he testifies that he knew fighters were scrambed to come to DC, and he admits he originally thought that flight 93 (the "plane that went down in Pennsylvania") had been shot down. THAT is likewise there in black and white.

100% of what you think Cheney said is coming from Norm Mineta, and in his own words Mineta specifically says Cheney was referring to a shoot down order. You can't simply just pretend someone said A when his own testimony shows he said B, simply becuase you want him to have said A rather than B.

Take this in whatever context you want...but Merry Christmas.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You might want to check that then. You seemed to think you were educating me that Ventura has a side about 9/11. You seemed to have just realized from this show starting that he is biased.

Lillydale, I just finished telling you that Ventura was talking about 9/11 conspiracies on the Howard Stern show a few years back so I did not "just find this out". The only thing I "just found out" is that he was going to be pushing all these other conspiracies, as global warming is another topic I follow.

You seemed to have no clue that he has been all over talk radio for oh...about 8 years talking about this. You really seemed to have no idea that it was kind of already known that he was a conspiracy nut and thought 9/11 was an inside job. I guess that is just how I read it though.

...and my original statement as it applies to to the conspiracy theorists also applies to him- he's not a nut and he's certainly not stupid. He's simply been duped by these damned fool conspriacy web sites like all the other truthers have been. I can see that's what happened right away becuase he's quoting the rubbish these web sites are putting out almost word for word.

That really sounds more like an opinion than anything else. That is not fair when all he ever says about you are nice things.

This is not a condescending remark toward him, per se It's a condescending remark to the conspiracy sites feeding him this rubbish, and it's not just an opinion. I will give you as many examples of the deliberate misrepresentation of these web sites as you'd like.

huh? When did I talk to Jesse? I would swear I was replying to you bringing up Howard Stern. Are you sure you did not bring Stern up? I checked and I did reply to you and it was your screen name. Jesse sure is tricky.

All right, one more time...Jesse Ventura called in to Howard Stern to talk about his 9/11 conspiracy stories a few years back, and someone posted the interview on Youtube. I posted a link to the Youtube interview to show that Ventura isn't simply an unbiased journalist, but someone who's been pushing out 9/11 conspiracies for quite some time. YOU come along and say we've "lost a;ready if we consider Stern to be some pinnacle", and *I* responded that I'm not the one who went to Stern. Ventura did.

I guess you will have to remind me what my first set of standards was? You seem to think I have professed Jesse as a hero of mine. Did I?

You said, and I quote...

Call me biased or whatever you like but if the OS movement is going to hold up Howard Stern as any kind of pinnacle of anything then you lost already.

I pointed out that I'm not the one who thinks Stern is a credible platform for anything- Ventura does, becuase he's the one who interviewed with Stern to begin with. I ASKED you whether, since you think that "the OS movement has lost already" by referencing Howard Stern, then by Ventura going to Stern to begin with it means that he's "lost already" as well? This is YOUR statement, not mine, so it's a double standard on your part of you don't.

Sheesh, what's with you people? You're the second person today who's arguing over statements that YOU YOURSELVES are making.

Take this in whatever context you want...but Merry Christmas.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Lillydale, I just finished telling you that Ventura was talking about 9/11 conspiracies on the Howard Stern show a few years back so I did not "just find this out". The only thing I "just found out" is that he was going to be pushing all these other conspiracies, as global warming is another topic I follow.

I am not really sure what this rant is on about and I really do not care anymore. This is some personal thing between you and JV. I knew he was not fair and balanced, I knew he thought 9/11 was an inside job, I knew he was dramatic, and I knew he was sniffing up conspiracies long before 2001.

You felt the need to educate me that he was -

not fair and balanced, one sided on 9/11, overly dramatic, attacking other 'conspiracies.' Since it seems to have gone way off the road, how about I just say thank you. Thank you for going out of your way to specifically address me and tell me these things. Thank you for even arguing about it for some reason. I really really appreciate the fact that you admit you knew for a couple years what I said I knew over a decade and you still felt the need to inform me on it. OK. Whatever it is you are on about it is really off topic and all about what you think of the show. Anyone that expresses surprise that a 'reality' show starring a pro wrestler is a bit dramatic...should stick to facts instead of opinionated reviews.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iSunTzu

Can I see some sources please that a chocolate chip cookie, or even jet fuel, creates more heat energy per gram than thermite and super-thermite? I am not talking about jet fuel being combusted inside of a jet engine, either, but open atmosphere. Hell, even if it WERE in an engine, thermite would melt the engine itself before the fuel ever would and you know it. The stuff creates molten iron. Jet fuel does not.

And it's funny you made a joke about running cars on thermite, because nano-energetics like super-thermite ARE being researched as fuel -- rocket fuel.

Your claim about the speed of the towers falling -- based on nothing solid. You won't see me making a scientific claim that the towers fell "too fast," because you actually need the towers' structural documents to calculate the inertia that would be slowing the collapse down. So far all people have done is make ass-backwards assumptions on the amount of inertia by assuming the collapse times were expected. At least that's all you "debunkers" have offered thus far.

Black boxes are not indestructible, okay. They are still really damned hard to destroy and none of the 4 were allegedly found while you have a clean-up worker and a journalist testifying otherwise. I guess they were destroyed into bone-sized fragments too, is that what you're saying? Yet a passport escapes unscathed. Yeah, you read a lot of fiction don't you?

[edit on 24-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am not really sure what this rant is on about and I really do not care anymore. This is some personal thing between you and JV. I knew he was not fair and balanced, I knew he thought 9/11 was an inside job, I knew he was dramatic, and I knew he was sniffing up conspiracies long before 2001.

Yes, my criticisms ARE about Jesse Ventura. The subject of this thread is, "Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory episode two", so you're not going to find too many discussions about apple pie recipies here.

So if you're apparently agreeing with me on most of my points, then what are you even arguing about?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yes, my criticisms ARE about Jesse Ventura. The subject of this thread is, "Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory episode two", so you're not going to find too many discussions about apple pie recipies here.

So if you're apparently agreeing with me on most of my points, then what are you even arguing about?

Ahem. -I am not really sure what this rant is on about and I really do not care anymore.

I hope the italics makes it more visible. You are apparently arguing with me and I am not sure what about because as I have stated, I do not care.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Ahem. -I am not really sure what this rant is on about and I really do not care anymore.

Well I must admit this is a new one on me. Up until now, every OTHER poster here said they either supported JV, opposed JV, or wanted to know more about what JV was saying. You're the first person who came here to post that you don't have any opinion to post, or didn't know what people posting to a forum called "Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory episide two" were talking about.

The next obvious question is, why are you here, then?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Well I must admit this is a new one on me. Up until now, every OTHER poster here said they either supported JV, opposed JV, or wanted to know more about what JV was saying. You're the first person who came here to post that you don't have any opinion to post, or didn't know what people posting to a forum called "Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory episide two" were talking about.

The next obvious question is, why are you here, then?

I am sorry that you have either decided to skip some of my posts or are just having a hard time with them. More than once you have responded to me about something you were not talking with me about. You have quoted me and then filled your post with the most unrelated lines of text. If you are not sure why I have posted in this thread by now, explaining it may only serve to confuse you more. Feel free to ignore me. I never said I had NO opinion. I also never claimed to be confused as to why people are posting here. Far from that actually. Maybe your computer is failing you and the text is getting to you differently than here.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join