It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another question from MessOnTheFED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ok here it goes. Im looking to make myself a custom avitar. I dont have the first clue as to how to do it tho.

1. are there any perameters to having an avitar? (like a certain ammount of point or something)

2. How the hell do i do it?

3. Who thinks it would be funny to see Captain Burnake With a pile of poop on his head with flies buzzing areound it?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I found this thread to be particularly useful, and Ashley very helpful.

I think you're allowed a 160 X 320 avatar. You can purchase a background color from the ATS store, or you can buy a custom background, both cost X amount of ATS, BTS, or combination of points from both.

I really don't want to see an avatar with poop on anyone's head, flies or not. Engage your creativity MessOnTheFed...... I vote for a poopless avatar, if you're offering a vote.

Kind of a bummer that GW is out of office, huh? The myriad of anti-fed GW images were legion.

Edit to add: No points necessary for an avatar, but you have to host it here. Look at Ashley's thread; you'll figure it out. U2U me if you're stumped and we'll shrug together. You use the same screenname and password to log into the media portal as you do to log into ATS/BTS.

How about a nice puppy avatar?

[edit on 9/12/09 by argentus]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you for the info Buddie. You kind of missed me with the whole Cute Puppy thing tho.

How about a jelly stain like on GorbechevSP?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes, believe me, I aware that a fluffy puppy isn't your avatar of choice. It was an experiment in extremes. Your crap-onna-head is the anti-puppy, so I thought, just maybe............. something in the middle.......

Well, far be it from me to try and influence you...... TWICE!

Do us olde phartes a favor......... just no more flashing avatars, okay? There are a couple here that flash and I am firmly committed to not reading a single word of someone who insists on having a flashing avatar making shadows on my eyeballs.

hmmmmmmmm. That was almost a decent rant.

Needs work. Good luck onna avatar.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

How about Obama or Glenn Beck in a bunny suit? That seems properly resentful. Whaddayathink?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Those kinds of avatar are actually against the T&C.

As much as it pains me to say it, we've decided that we don't accept the ridiculing of political folk in avatars.

I think it was announced in a thread a while back when we stopped using words like Obamanation and that sort of thing.

The rules came out of the need for respect and decorum during the campaign.

There would some truly bloody threads at that point that really weren't pretty.

So keep your avatar nice..

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Sounds pretty darn funny. As for the whole flashing avitar, i know exactly what you mean. Some of those avatars make me throw up on my mouth a little. im kidding. But they should come with a worning i believe.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

ok ok. but u got to admit it was pretty funny. I guess i got to do a little more brainstorming now.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

ohh I agree, hillarious!

And yeah there are some great folk on here who actually make avatars for people.

Mine was made by AshleyD she does phenominal work as you can see.

So shop around, Serbsta also does them as well.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ok i got a pic its not too big 97x100? why wont it shw up as my avitar?

new topics

top topics

join