It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Blasts Global Warming ! Washington Post

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is one thing that is clear to me from having read Ms. Palin's Op-Ed piece. There is no way that she, a lazy, incompetant and under educated quitter, could have written something that coherent, not to mention reasonably grammatically correct. It was ghost-written for her to put her name on as the author, just like her "auto-biography". Nice try Sarah - now go back to Alaska and kill a few more animals. You betcha.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
I wonder what the reaction would be from people if they didn't see the byline.

But oddly, by and large, you see a pattern developing here, which is been true for many years now. it seems that when conservatives/republicans dispute something, they bring facts and studies, when democraps/liberals dispute something, they bring character assassination and opinions.

Given that, why in teh hell would anyone bother listening to or believing anything a liberal says when it comes to science?

Click on the email link at the top of Sarahs article.
There is a great summary there.
The hacked emails show "personal pettiness, unethical conniving
and twisting the science (ignoring the sun and its effects on Earth)
to support their political position."
-------------------------------------------------------
BTW,the liberals always use the "out of context" excuse when they are
stuck in a box.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You're kidding me. A Republican isn't online with this Global Warming(GW) thing? That's shocking. How do the Lib's feel about this?

Since when did this scientific discussion become a political distraction? :shk:

When Al Bore spit on the hard work of past Nobel winners and Academy Award winners.

It becomes political when the politicians look to capitalize by grabbing money and power by legislating and regulating.

Present the evidence for third party review. ALL of the evidence. Not doing so ruins the credibility of Environmental Science in particular, but all of science in general.

All I can say is thank God Sarah Palin is being a thorn in the sides of Washington. I don't agree with everything she says, but we have a common goal: change the status quo in Washington.

GO GET 'EM, SARAH

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Hmm, lemme see if I can respond to this in a reasonable fashion and hopefully give you a bit of truth to think about.

"The Earth has been warming and cooling for
millions of years. The Earth has had ice ages about every 10,000 years
for millions of years. Think about that for just 1 minute."

Okay, I've thought about it, and yes you're right.

You say: "I think the planet Earth is following its own geological clock.
The billions of people on Earth are just along for the ride."
Yep right again, but the problem is, we are speeding up the geological clock at least that's what all the evidence says. No mistaking that the earth is in the midst of a warming trend. But the extent and speed of the warming are unprecedented, comparatively (again this is what the data says), the data leads us to accept the idea that humans are responsible for that unusually large swing in the data.

Okay now the things you say get a bit fuzzy.
I actually read the hacked emails the emails as well, so did a lot of people smarter than me.
Their conclusion is that they're not manipulating the data, if you actually read the first link I posted it explains just that. It's not an attempt to manipulate the data.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I probably agree with most of you on the negative views towards sarah, but i have to ask, if she suddenly turns into an anti corrupt government speaker (kinda like Jesse Ventura these days) and shares many views with us ATS'rs regarding conspiracies, would you consider possibly voting for her in 2012?

Assuming she's running, of course....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Who have you been reading? I'm no liberal but if you think they've cornered the market on character assassination you been off the planet for the past year and a half.
One tiny example, John McCain definitely wasn't born in the United States, you didn't see anyone suggesting he couldn't be president..

[edit on 10-12-2009 by kenochs]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
[edit on 10/13/2009 by Zeta Reticuli]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Ok, if thats the case, then why have some of those scientists from CRU step down? And why was that individual who asked al gore about it at his chicago book signing thrown out by the feds for simply AND CALMLY asking a question? GUILTY!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think it is funny how so many of you commented things to the effect of: She couldn't write that herself or she doesn't know anything about science etc etc etc.

You think Obama writes his own stuff? You actually think he knows what he is speaking about? I dare any of you to watch an interview of him, or speech PRIOR to his beloved Telepromoter.

Then, I dare you to Google her CNBC interview PRIOR to her being nominated. You claim you are intellegent and ignore ignorance... well do it. For the most part you seem to be saying something you really don't believe in or just rehashing what someone else said.

Don't be afraid of her. She is one of us-a common person. I think we have had enough of the intellegent ones PUTTING THE SCREWS TO US>

MAYBE SHE WILL BE JUST DUMB ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SCREW US OVER. That, would be a blessing.....

There is a movement happening right before you. Join it......PALINISM-2012

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivycutler
excuse my 'foreign' ignorance.
but does the opinion of a failed presidential candidate whose 'party'(?) 'team'(?) whatever you call it. ~Lost the election. how does it matter what they think. and who really cares.

Ivy, it gives the irreducably stupid one of their own to cheer for. I say, let her spew on. She's the gift that keeps on giving. And she might be having hot flashes so she understands warming. And, "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." (SP 10/5/08). Neighboring, huh?
Face it. It's like a bad train wreck. You can't not look.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Great! Sarah and i appear to be getting through to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another one.
We are due for another ice age in about 1,500 years.
Think about that for 1 minute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tipping the worlds economy upside down will not change that.
Buying carbon credits will not change that.
You may be wondering how in the world we had ice ages
before Adam and Eve.
Answer: the sun and polar reversals

Will buying carbon credits slow down the next polar reversal?
BTW, it has already begun.
I saw on the discovery channel that it's already beginning
to short circuit near the south pole.
----------------------------------------------------------
You may want to move to the moon.
No global warming there. Great view of the Earth.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

He didn't resign. He agreed to step down while there is an investigation.

And why did the Feds kick this guy out? Well, first of all, the guy is a former Vice President, and the guy got in his face and in this kind of climate the Secret Service have been known to overreact. And I disagree with you he wasn't polite, he was strident from the get go. Also, he was holding up the line.

And then he started screaming about a Eugenics program, and tussling with the authorities. When the Secret Service is involved... you just DON'T DO THAT.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Let me restate the headline. The earth is in a natural warming period. We've known this a long time before you wrote it.

This warming period has been accelerated and increased by human activities. That's what the science says.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Yes, he DID start screaming and yelling out in an unecesary manner but that was after the fact. And he also wasnt "in his face" like you mentioned, in no way did he approach al in a threatening manner. It really was a simple question asked in a appropriate manner, and regardless of what the question was about they shouldnt have throw him out like that, it either could have been ignored or given a "no comment" answer. and when that happens you know you struck a nerve. but why?

And you mentioned he didnt resign, please show me this.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Since when has AGW had anything to do with science? Really? I don't like Palin, but it IS a political/quasi-religious subject. If it was just about science, it would be in the trash bin with the anthropogenic global cooling garbage of the 70's. Really now.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

We are STILL going to have another ice age in 1,500 years.
Get used to it.
You will fail to slow it down or stop it.
-------------------------------------------
This is a con.
Al Gore is trying to gain our confidence and then take our money.
Did you read the part in Sarahs article about liberal scientists
trying to silence their critics by preventing them from publishing
in peer-reviewed journals? That is one of the huge red flags that you
are ignoring.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sarah's opinion counts for #.

She doesn't even deserve a thread of her own.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sarah From the OP article...

I've always believed that policy should be based on sound science, not politics.

Well this quip gave me pause. Lest we forget her well known views about science that came out durring the campaign..

Sarah Palin asked the city librarian if she would be all right with censoring library books should she be asked to do so.
Then tried to fire the Librarian for refusing.
www.adn.com...

Sarah Palin Wants Creationism Taught in School
www.thelangreport.com/.../sarah-palin-wants-creationism-taught-in-school/

Sarah Palin’s War On Science
www.slate.com...

And as for the following comments...you guys are idiots.. making these kinds of statements is no better than racism or bigotry...IMO the mods should be slapping you guys down.

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Could this be a political scam just to get a few more votes tho? All she would have to do is weaqr a bikini to the beach one time. Thats right, shes smokin hot i think.

MessOnTHeFED!

Originally posted by nethawk
I'd much prefer to see her in a centerfold rather than politics and I wouldn't trust her with nuclear launch codes,

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Sarah palin belongs in one place... The kitchen.

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Sarah palin belongs in one place... The kitchen.

Cooking moose chili?
I don't know about the kitchen, but....somewhere around the house...maybe the bedroom

As for this...

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Governor Palin's Op-Ed in the WaPo really surprised me today,...

Whether Governor Palin was ever ....

I am not sure that the etiquette that a POTUS receives of being referred to as "President" after leaving office extends to Govenors?...And even more so to ones that quit their job mid-term?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
!!HEADLINE NEWS!![/B]
Sarah Palin jumps on another bandwagon!
Who cares? She lost... badly.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

So is there no one that can come forward and offer real truth without an agenda? Is there no one that can be trusted? What is truth?

John 18:37-38 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all

We are running ourselves in circles it seems to me. No one can be trusted. Everyone has an agenda. Jesus come quickly.

I concur. Everyone has/had an agenda, even Jesus.

But Jesus's agenda being forthright.

Deliver us from the evil that is Global Governance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join