It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Blasts Global Warming ! Washington Post

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Interesting.

I don't yet trust her...is she taking orders from the Global Elite to initiate a Plan B in case the Copenhagen/Climate/Carbon Tax effort completely falls apart?

I don't see her as a mover and shaker like Ron Paul or Kucinich...I don't see her aligning herself with Cindy Sheehan or Paul or Kucinich....

Time will tell....

[edit on 10-12-2009 by c3hamby]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
reply to post by dariousg

here's why.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Interesting take on the situation, however they are basing it on the assumption that the hypothesis of warming, globally which is the very thing in question. If we take the warming as proven, then their conclusion may be sound. I would not bury a shaky assumption by piling on secondary conclusions - that makes for extremely bad science.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You know its funny, some years ago when "Global warming" started to come to the fore I turned to my partner and said...

Me: "You know they chose the wrong phrase. They don't really mean Global warming, they are really saying the weather is going to become chaotic."

and my partner agreed.

Poor word choice because Humans just -love- their catchphrases.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am with Sarah, as regards the politics, if the world is warming up, I just cannot see how less than %1.00 of the atmosphere (CO2) can have such a huge effect on the other %99. some people say its the sun, others that its Methane, or water vapour,(British spelling) or particulates from volcanoes, etc
by the way, volcanoes have increased their output by %300 in the last 2,000 years.( particulates, ash, methane, CO2. sulphur, hydrogen, helium, argon.)
The 'Human' world produces 35 to 55 gigatons of crap gases every year,
the natural world produces up to 350 Gigatons each year, rotting vegetation, gas expulsions from animals rears (mostly methane) particulates, smoke from forest fires and volcanoes(plus ash) rotting animals, fish, birds, methane from methane hydrate, I was quite shocked to hear on a TV program that termites produce more methane than bovines!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
this needs to go into political madness

also having sarah palin in your corner isn't exactly...a compliment to your argument.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

You know its funny, some years ago when "Global warming" started to come to the fore I turned to my partner and said...

Me: "You know they chose the wrong phrase. They don't really mean Global warming, they are really saying the weather is going to become chaotic."

and my partner agreed.

This is exactly how I feel! The seasons are happening sooner rather than later and will be inconsistant!! It didn't get cold here in CA until later November and there would still be a hot day inbetween the cold ones!

wwwwtf!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
How can she blast global warming when she doesn't know jack about science?

Palin: oh, it's cold here in Alsaka. See, there's no global warming.

It would be nice to see actual scientists being interviewed on TV regarding global warming instead of political figureheads that have no business discussing scientific issues.

Now, I tend to agree that global warming is not man made; however, that doesn't make Palin right...just means she's taking a 50/50 chance...a broken clock is right twice a day.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

She's like that gnat that they can't make go away. Constantly buzzing in their ear.

I like that analogy. However, I am actually battling a house full of gnats right now. I don't know where they came from or how to get rid of them.

I do love Sarah Palin. She's going rogue like Ron Paul. She came out of nowhere, was muzzled by the McCain campaign and now is taking the gloves off. Average Americans on the left and the right should embrace her because she is challenging the entire establishment and for that she is a true patriot.

Regardless of where you are on the political spectrum, she is good for America.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
reply to post by ivycutler

The Media love her.
Huge following for her here.
People will read what she says, so the information will be available for the couch/water cooler people.

Edit: That was pretty good writin', Sarah!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Dogdish]

Hmmm...sounds an awful lot like what people say/complain about Obama. Palin's "followers" are just as fanatic as his, too.

The OP still doesn't seem to get that he/she is just as bad as them, just on a different side of the coin. The pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So is there no one that can come forward and offer real truth without an agenda? Is there no one that can be trusted? What is truth?

John 18:37-38 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all

We are running ourselves in circles it seems to me. No one can be trusted. Everyone has an agenda. Jesus come quickly.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sarah palin belongs in one place... The kitchen.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
The thing I find amusing in this thread are the people that posted negative comments. They obviously didn't read the article because they offered no arguments in response to what she wrote but instead went to their familiar Palin bashing agenda.

That is to be expected.
Ignore the message (it's too damaging and true).
Attack the messenger.
---------------------------------------
I actually read the entire article. Great job Sarah.
She has more to say on her Facebook page.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Sarah palin belongs in one place... The kitchen.

Cooking moose chili?
I don't know about the kitchen, but....somewhere around the house...maybe the bedroom

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
So maybe shes not a total idiot after all. Awseome!
MessOnTHeFED!

or maybe she is

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Moose burgers will be cooking in the Rose Garden January 2013.

She might even hunt, kill and field dress it herself.

Her husband can cook it on the barbecue grill.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

Originally posted by Helmkat

and my partner agreed.

This is exactly how I feel! The seasons are happening sooner rather than later and will be inconsistant!! It didn't get cold here in CA until later November and there would still be a hot day inbetween the cold ones!

wwwwtf!

I'm an avid gardener and I agree, something is going on. The weather seem to me more "variable", higher highs, followed by lower lows, Floods followed by drought. Totally ancidotal I know.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I read Palin's op-ed and rather than bash Palin, I figured I might try and take a look at the op-ed itself.

But first one quick point: Palin is pro-oil, pro-drilling, she's said it before, and is unapologetic about it. That's fine, and it's no surprise that someone who will get a big chunk of money from big oil if she makes a political run for office is anti-climate change legislation. But it does make her a suspect voice.

but on to the op-ed.
She drawing conclusions from a demonstrably false premise from the first paragraph. The false premise is that the so-called climate-gate emails suggest researchers are withholding or hiding evidence that suggests global warming isn't real. Well that's just not the case.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Moving on she makes reference to the 'hide the decline' email which has been taken out of context to the point of absurdity. If this op-ed was as smart as people are saying it would admit the truth about the 'hide the decline' line.

greenfyre.wordpress.com...

She says that this scandal calls into question everything that is happening in Copenhagen. Except that it doesn't because this isn't a controversy in the scientific community, it's only a controversy in the super-heated blogosphere where these emails are being used by climate deniers to maintain the status quo, or in Palin's case push a pro-oil, pro-drilling agenda.

Now let's move on to Polar bears. Again Palin is using misleading numbers to make her case as a champion of 'common sense' against an insane federal government. She says polar bear populations have been increasing. That's true, kinda... Pbears were overhunted almost to extinction in the 1960, hunting regs went into place in the 70's and the species rebounded. Until, now. Now the new threat isn't hunting but loss of sea ice due to global warming (a fact kids, not conjecture), leading to new declines:

www.polarbearsinternational.org...
"The loss of Arctic sea ice has resulted in a shorter hunting season for the bears, which has led to a scientifically documented decline in the best-studied population, Western Hudson Bay, and predictions of decline in the second best-studied population, the Southern Beaufort Sea."

Finally she says: 'we can't say with assurance that man's activities cause weather changes.' Problem with this is, that yeah we can say that, all the science points us in that direction. If better science comes out that suggests otherwise, good. But right now, we can say it with a fair amount of assurance.

So, while it is a nicely written it comes at you with a flawed premise and misrepresentation. So, while I'll give you that it's nicely written baloney, it's baloney just the same.

The truth is that the Earth has been warming and cooling for
millions of years. The Earth has had ice ages about every 10,000 years
for millions of years. Think about that for just 1 minute.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the planet Earth is following its own geological clock.
The billions of people on Earth are just along for the ride.
The idea that Al Gore could raise taxes over here and destroy
a few million jobs over there and bring climate change to a
screeching halt is complete nonsense.
There is no reason to damage the world economy.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually read the hacked emails.
It's clear what they are doing.
Here is the data..........................OK, here is the target result
that we want.........................Oh, no! We can't get there from here.
The truth keeps getting in the way.
I think they should be thrown in prison for collusion.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder what the reaction would be from people if they didn't see the byline.

But oddly, by and large, you see a pattern developing here, which is been true for many years now. it seems that when conservatives/republicans dispute something, they bring facts and studies, when democraps/liberals dispute something, they bring character assassination and opinions.

Given that, why in teh hell would anyone bother listening to or believing anything a liberal says when it comes to science?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
So maybe shes not a total idiot after all. Awseome! Could this be a political scam just to get a few more votes tho? All she would have to do is weaqr a bikini to the beach one time. Thats right, shes smokin hot i think.

MessOnTHeFED!

Political scham?
Of course...
To get her more votes?
No..!

TPTB are handing all this "conspiracy theory" material over to Palin (birther stuff, climategate), because if SHE says it, the majority of "common sense" people will think it's not true!! Most liberal and many republican voters think she is bizarre, insane and stupid. So whatever she says must be bizarre, insane and stupid too!

Perfect political scam... especially if she's telling the truth...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
Given that, why in teh hell would anyone bother listening to or believing anything a liberal says when it comes to science?

We (U.S.A.) are seeing more fuel efficient vehicles and alternative energy development/implementation due to the science liberals have stood behind. Never would have seen that from the conservatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join