It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Blasts Global Warming ! Washington Post

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Seek the enemy of your enemy and you will find a friend. I'm glad people are willing to speak out against this scam but I fear it won't be enough. All the people in positions of power are for it and it seems it's game set match for the middle classes of the world.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'd much prefer to see her in a centerfold rather than politics and I wouldn't trust her with nuclear launch codes, but dagnabit I stand behind her in the fight against Copenhagen. I'll stand behind anyone who's against this.

*Palin wink*

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The elite engineer these things. They know the Climategate emails are explosive and bi-partisan so they make sure Fox news is all over it and keep linking Sarah Palin to it so that the masses view this as a right wing issue.

This was showcased 2 weeks ago when both CNN and MSNBC no joke covered Climategate and immediately after the story on Climategate both networks did a story on Sarah Palin. Kieth Olberman last week straight up called the Climategate emails a manufactured right wing issue.

They defeat us many times by painting issues into their brilliant false left right paradigm fraud, so much so that we literally ignore real proof of anything if they merely attach the story to Limbaugh or Palin.

It is very simple really. A story breaks that could hurt the establishment and thier plan for global tyranny all they do is ignore it on MSNBC and CNN for the first 2 weeks while at the same time have Fox cover it regularly. The entire time Fox will blame Democrats.

Then they have CNN and MSNBC cover it but all they do is say over and over that Fox is all over it and that Limbaugh is angry. Instantly the issue is now painted as partisan, people turn off thier critical thinking and ignore the evidence.

It is called hijacking a cause and Glenn Beck did the same thing with the Tea Parties which were originally about the constitution and the Fed and were started by Ron Paul. Since Beck took it over it has become about Obama and only Obama.

It is a very clever tactic but it doesn't work on me. The emails are disgusting and expose man made global warming as the fraud it. I'm not a Democrat or a Republic simply because i have a brain and know both parties are the same.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Incredible, the groups behind financing Palin raise to the white house, is making sure she is to become and expert of everything.

Wake up people she is been prop for the white house and just like any other politician is nothing but an empty shell, with nice looking words to get there.

Deceptions and people still fall for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
sarah palin jese ventura sarah palin jesse ventura sarah palin jesse ventura sarah palien jesse ventura sarah palin jesse ventura sarah palin jesse ventura tiger woods tiger woods tiger wood sarah palin jesse ventura.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't care if she is being used to further someone else's agenda. All I care about about is that she helps prevent the treaty from being signed. After that's done, then we can support others who don't want her to ascend to the presidency.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The thing I find amusing in this thread are the people that posted negative comments. They obviously didn't read the article because they offered no arguments in response to what she wrote but instead went to their familiar Palin bashing agenda.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
The thing I find amusing in this thread are the people that posted negative comments. They obviously didn't read the article because they offered no arguments in response to what she wrote but instead went to their familiar Palin bashing agenda.

That would be the typical actions of the liberal side. Base there arguments off opinions and negative connotations rather than fact. It is about time that a prominent politican stands up for our rights in this whole climategate bs tactic. I don't care if the people that represent us are right or left as long as they support the constitution and the Bill of Rights.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Haha! Nice picture, although Palin saying this only discredits the cause from my perspective. It's not really surprising that a republican had said this.

I'm actually beginning to find her more appealing than Obama, as Obama is just another replica of Jimmy Carter.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Well written. I find it hard to believe that Sarah was the author given her previous performances. If it was, she has showed a side previously unseen and may have spent some of her retirement time getting educated. I suspect that it was mainly ghosted to drive home certain points so that the US is not swept up in the CO2 frenzy. The US still has the most to lose and suffering a suicidal 50% increase in electrical rates for the dubious distinction of being praised by the environmentalists is surely not worth it.
Interestingly, neither political party has an incentive to develop new energy sources. The Republicans want to sell oil and the Democrats want to sell burned oil.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You guys are being deceived by a woman who doesn't understand anything on what is happening in Copenhagen. She only is going with the extreme Right, so she's able to try to garner any popularity she can from them.

And global warming is real. It's a threatening matter to the planet. Don't take what's happening with the whole "climategate" thing as something to think that global warming is fake.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
You guys are being deceived by a woman who doesn't understand anything on what is happening in Copenhagen. She only is going with the extreme Right, so she's able to try to garner any popularity she can from them.

And global warming is real. It's a threatening matter to the planet. Don't take what's happening with the whole "climategate" thing as something to think that global warming is fake.

*ahem* - Pushing that last conjecture aside, I agree that this is nothing more than a publicity push on a hot button issue. Nothing more. Palin, like her or not, is just a mouth piece and since she garners attention, her handlers decide when, where, and what message she conveys. Unfortunately, in terms of climate change, there is way too much economical and political influence on science to reach any sort of defined conclusions. To say the contrary is to miss the forest for the trees.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
If the hot air in her head ever escaped we would all be doomed from the global warming it would cause.

How is the post before this one banned for political trolling and yet this very one is not?

First off, she is NOT stupid like many people TRY to make her out to be. She is simply an educated woman who has a strong moral structure below her. I don't know, if it would have been her at the top of the ticket last fall I may have actually pulled the trigger for my old party and voted for her.

Why? Because she is genuine. Period. She doesn't skate around the truth which is WHY she has been blasted by both sides. You can see it in all of the TV interviews that she did like with Katie, where she was being picked on with leading questions. Yet she kept her head and tried to respond to each question.

She's not brain dead like a lot of the lefties want to believe or promote her as being. Sarah Palin is straight up a good person.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

It would seem that some warming is occurring but the extent and cause are still in question.
Climategate has muddied the waters; a consequence of the good intentions of those who had "found the truth." Had they been honest and above board, this would not provide an issue. Their dishonesty did them in.
Al Gore and his circle are annoyed because they planned to have Congress write a carbon "cap and trade" law that would have made them even more wealthy at the expense of the electric power consumer. Now, such a law will be politically more difficult, especially when the voters find out how much more they will be paying for electricity. If this is part of a natural cycle, our best plan would be to adapt. If it is anthrpogenic, we will have to try to mitigate it while adapting.
Had we been smart, like France, we would have gone all nuke but those same people who are wailing about CO2 were wailing about nukes not so long ago. Remember how everything was bad? Wind power was unsightly and killed birdies, coal was evil for many reasons, solar was bad because it would disturb deserts, hydro was bad because Salmon couldn't fornicate, biomass was bad for almost as many reasons as coal, nukes were bad because we didn't have a place to store the wastes and couldn't bring ourselves to get Yucca mountain approved, and so on. This situation is a product of our own lack of planning.
A preemptive conversion of all power plants to non-CO2 emitting sources will take about 50 years. Many of those with good intentions and no understanding of technology want immediate gratification. The resources available do not allow a rapid conversion to nuclear or renewable power.
Buy compact fluorescents and cut CO2 emissions by 5%.
I wonder what we would have concluded if CO2 were constant and the temperature changed, much like the time of Rome and again around 1000AD.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Hmmm, if global warming is real then why, via their own released figures, was North America actually COOLER over the past decade?

If it were GLOBAL it would be warming EVERYWHERE. Which is why they have conveniently renamed it to 'climate change' which is about as funny as you can get. OF COURSE IT IS CLIMATE CHANGE! That's what climate DOES!

And to try and base all fo these claims on data from the past 160 years of record keeping is quite frankly pathetic.

Especially when you take into account the tiny little fact that the earth is about 3.5 BILLION years old.

So, to try and base it on less then 4.5 millionths of a percent of the timeframe for the existence of this planet is quite NON scientific. It's just political.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I read Palin's op-ed and rather than bash Palin, I figured I might try and take a look at the op-ed itself.

But first one quick point: Palin is pro-oil, pro-drilling, she's said it before, and is unapologetic about it. That's fine, and it's no surprise that someone who will get a big chunk of money from big oil if she makes a political run for office is anti-climate change legislation. But it does make her a suspect voice.

but on to the op-ed.
She drawing conclusions from a demonstrably false premise from the first paragraph. The false premise is that the so-called climate-gate emails suggest researchers are withholding or hiding evidence that suggests global warming isn't real. Well that's just not the case.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Moving on she makes reference to the 'hide the decline' email which has been taken out of context to the point of absurdity. If this op-ed was as smart as people are saying it would admit the truth about the 'hide the decline' line.

greenfyre.wordpress.com...

She says that this scandal calls into question everything that is happening in Copenhagen. Except that it doesn't because this isn't a controversy in the scientific community, it's only a controversy in the super-heated blogosphere where these emails are being used by climate deniers to maintain the status quo, or in Palin's case push a pro-oil, pro-drilling agenda.

Now let's move on to Polar bears. Again Palin is using misleading numbers to make her case as a champion of 'common sense' against an insane federal government. She says polar bear populations have been increasing. That's true, kinda... Pbears were overhunted almost to extinction in the 1960, hunting regs went into place in the 70's and the species rebounded. Until, now. Now the new threat isn't hunting but loss of sea ice due to global warming (a fact kids, not conjecture), leading to new declines:

www.polarbearsinternational.org...
"The loss of Arctic sea ice has resulted in a shorter hunting season for the bears, which has led to a scientifically documented decline in the best-studied population, Western Hudson Bay, and predictions of decline in the second best-studied population, the Southern Beaufort Sea."

Finally she says: 'we can't say with assurance that man's activities cause weather changes.' Problem with this is, that yeah we can say that, all the science points us in that direction. If better science comes out that suggests otherwise, good. But right now, we can say it with a fair amount of assurance.

So, while it is a nicely written it comes at you with a flawed premise and misrepresentation. So, while I'll give you that it's nicely written baloney, it's baloney just the same.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

here's why.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

James Carville said it himself "Sarah Palin is compelling."

Yeah he also said she is not fit to be the president of the United States..... Wait, was I not supposed to mention that?

Here is what he really thinks about palin... Like ever other guy he thinks she is cute but that is where is interest stops...

Here, read this to see what Carville actually thinks instead of just quoting him out of context.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

That said, I am neither for the left or the right. Anybody can see that the problem lies on both sides of the fence, if they just look. Having a democrat in office will not stop the worlds problems and neither will having a republican in office. We all have to work together and get passed these stupid idieologies of right VS left if we ever wish to survive as a country.

That is all there is to it. We are all people... get passed the labels so we can once again become the greatest nation in the world. Or not.... It's up to you. I have already made my choice.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

...since Al Gore.

Line no. 2

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
/Sarcasm on

I am shocked to learn Sarah Palins views on global warming. After seeing the picture where she is leaning on the Amercian flag I thought she was sort of leaning left. Now I am shocked to read she wanted to kill Polar bears, gosh next thing you know she will be endorsing hunting Wolves by Helicopter.

/Sarcasm off

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join