It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Video, Daylight Robbery: Israeli settlers forcibly move into a Palestinian home in occupied East

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

On Video, Daylight Robbery: Israeli settlers forcibly move into a Palestinian home in occupied East Jerusalem

www.liveleak.com

Fifteen to twenty settlers, accompanied by private armed security and Israeli police forces, entered an extension of the Palestinian house, and started clearing it of the familys belongings. The family was not present in this section of the house i More..n compliance with a previous court order. However, local sources reported that the settlers also attempted, on several occasions, to gain entry to the inhabited part of the house.

One Palestinian resident, Khamis al-Gawi, was arrested shortly
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I fear (know) that this will be overshadowed by a blue swirling light. I cant be critical, ive been staring at that thing all day. However as wonderful as a distraction that has been for us during these times *coughs and looks around* the fact remains that this is occurying, you can definatly tell that this is not a rocket, and it sickens me to think about it happening to anyone i know.
Sometimes it seems like since the vast majority of the population on here wouldnt want to live like that in the first place, they wouldnt care for a bare building made of concrete, that hey no empathy.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

That is just disturbing on many levels. I found the you tube video of this incident.

A user summed it up pretty well.

How could a bunch of criminals, breaking into people's homes and steal their property, and the world keep silent! How could they oppress an entire nation and the world still silent! If they were Arabs who stole houses of the Jews, I'm sure whole world would stand up and oppose! but reality sucks and injustice celebrating!Where are human rights! Where is justice?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
what the helll????????

This is just plain disgusting, and they were accompanied by police and armed security, which means they advocate this.

You know these type of incidents happen way more often than you would think and then people wonder why they fire rockets at Israel.

Man what do you expect?

Israel is becoming worse and worse and worse.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
@ December and Modern

Its unbelievable to me as well, that they were occumpanied by security forces. Even internationals were arrested for filming the event, i know it will be broken down instanly to "I hate jewish people" which couldnt be further from the truth. I HATE criminals and according to every law of freddoms of person i know on this planet these acts are illegal and immoral. Do we have to wait until it gets to the point where the Palestians can say "never again" can we only see evil when we look back? Is that humankinds flaw (one of).

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ah one of my favorite types of threads that the pro-Zionists have no way to argue or decry on the front page.

Don’t worry they will be around later on the back pages to copy and paste propaganda on everyone and everything they don’t like, once most of the people critical in these kinds of actions give up on participating in the thread.

Israel is a state that was founded on broken treaties, thefts, lies and murders. While the pace has slowed in recent years that is primarily because it is a very profitable business for them in terms of dollars and physical goods receive in charity for their ‘brave’ and ‘steadfast’ determination to stand up to potential terrorists everywhere by giving them every good reason to become political terrorists by first stripping them of their lands, titles, property and dignity and ultimately their own humanity.

Of course if you have any kind of problem with this kind of nation building you will be labeled an anti-Semite. If you have a noticeable and unwavering reluctance to accept or condone this kind of atrocious behavior that just means you are a Nazi. Finally if you are just one of those rare telephone polls that continues to lean to the left when every pressure is put on you to lean to the right then it’s time for the old, ‘well we only stole a fraction of the Middle East, the Muslims and Arabs have a whole lot more of it.”

Then it will be time for the reverse about face oh the evil Jews of the world surrounded by a sea of hostile nations with just a sliver of desert they try to carve out a life on.

Of course they entirely overlook that their own actions of murder, theft and treaty breaking created that sea of enemies around them, but hey for Zionists it never pays to get to technical or specific.

Just change the argument a lot and the old well it’s a nation, no it’s a race, no it’s a religion game.

Then it will be time for them to show more of their true colors by launching into tirades against Iran and the fact someone could become militarily powerful enough to confront them.

Of course they will ignore the fact that everything they are accusing the Iranian regime of they are guilty of themselves and then some.

Having not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaties, with the International Atomic Energy Agency and steadfastly refusing to do so Israel is a Nuclear Weapon Armed Nation that no one in the world has any idea how many Nuclear Weapons they have and who all they are aimed at.

It’s a safe bet to assume they are aimed at everyone and everything including America and Europe.

Then we can hear some more horrors about the holocaust that almost none of them lived through personally or takes into account that far greater numbers of other peoples than Jews were killed in it. Then they can tell us that doesn’t mean anything because while more Slavs died a higher overall percentage of the Jewish population died than the percentage of the overall Slavic population that died.

Amazingly we never hear from the Slavs crying about World War II or what the world owes them, or how they should be able to not only ignore and violate International Law and Human Rights but they should be the arbiters of who is and who isn’t punished for them.

Ultimately letting Israel have such a dominant role in world politics and the world stage is going to lead to an apocalyptic event.

People support and encourage this criminal regime of thugs, thieves, murders and their vagaries at great risk!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
These are nothing more than self-serving human beings.

You might wonder what characterizes a self-serving human being.

A self-serving human being is by nature, a taker, and an individual who is unwilling to give without condition.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by seasoul]

Ex

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I personally think there is MUCH more going on here than
someone getting kicked out of their home.
I would love a translation of the language so I could really
hear what is being said.

There is MORE to this story !

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Wow, well said, its hard when a nation has chosen to tie Church and State so closely. One cannot critsize the State without the added assumption of critisizing the Religion. I think thats a big problem when it comes to these issues, its not "Israel is wrong", people dont hear that they hear "Jews are wrong".
One of the fundamental principles of being a dominant world power is that you will be critsized. Israel can not accept any form of critisism against them, so they immediatly retreat to the old addage of "you hate the jewish religion". Well people no we do not we hate what the state of ISRAEL is doing!!! This is not against the people of the Jewish faith, i have typed those words so many times i am sick of it. IM NOT A NAZI
Open comment to Israel "You want to be respected on the world stage? Show respect on a communial stage, take critisism like a country with some balls (no offence women i mean the addage of being able to hear what you dont want to) and do something about it. Dont yell back at the world to not say mean things, stop doing mean things and well stop screaming."

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
misread title...my bad

line 2

[edit on 10-12-2009 by DazE777]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If that was my house I would just come back and kill the home invaders. I would do the same if it were my neighbors house.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

I totally agree with Ex, there might be more to the story. Where are the American and Swedish guys that were filming? Why are they filming? Would someone film something like that just for the heck of it?

I'm neither pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian but we could get the story straight. I don't know Arabic even though my ancestors are Lebanese, but it would be nice to know more about this.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
I personally think there is MUCH more going on here than
someone getting kicked out of their home.
I would love a translation of the language so I could really
hear what is being said.

There is MORE to this story !

I am unsure what they are speaking, someone who is familiar with the language can help. In you tube a user commented about what was going on in the video, I don't know if it is accurate or not but here it is:

I understand some Arabic.The old woman was saying,"Go outside!Go quickly! Get out!" The younger man who seemed to be her son was trying to block her so I assume they would not harm her.Notice where they are moving FROM to where these leech's are moving to.I saw a sign in English that said something to the effect of "good water,good land here".I'd have to watch it again to be positive.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
On the Liveleak website they were saying that the family that occupied that portion of the house were not there, it was the other families in the house that were trying to stop the settlers.
I believe (but NOTE i am specualing off of memory) but i believe the site said the occupants that had their stuff removed were arrested once they returned home and tried to take it back.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Do you people belive everything you see with no explanation? Or do you just like to jump to conclusions because they fit your biased opinion?

I don't understand a word of whats being said. There is so much propaganda on both sides. I would have to know the circumstances of whats going on in the video before I belive it. The only reason I say this is becasue both sides try to villinize each other as often as possible.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the Israel-first Americans to shower this thread with their usual anti-Arab bull#.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Actully, it was an eviction.

A court case, determining the ownership of the whole house, including the section built in 1956 by UNRWA, will be heard on 15 February 2010. Similarly to the Hannoun, Gawi and Kamel al-Kurd families in the past, this hearing can result in an eviction order against the al-Kurd family.
The eviction orders are a result of claims made in 1967 by the Sephardic Community Committee and the Knesseth Yisrael Association (who since sold their claim to the area to Nahalat Shimon) – settler organizations that claim to have deeds for the land dating back to 1875. In 1972, these two settler organizations applied to have the land registered in their names with the Israel Lands Administration (ILA). Their claim to ownership was noted in the Land Registry; however, it was never made into an official registry of title. The first Palestinian property in the area was taken over at this time.

Israeli courts give permission for settlers to move into Palestinian home in Sheikh Jarrah

Al Jazeera reports it a little differently:

Before surrounding and overrunning the Al-Kurd home, the settlers reportedly produced a court order which gave consent to the settlers’ take-over of the house.

The family was not present inside the locked up house, in compliance with a court order issued by the Israeli court prohibiting their entry into their home. On Sunday, an appeal by the Al-Kurd family to return to their home was turned down by an Israeli magistrate’s court.

Illegal Israeli Settlers, Supported by Israeli Occupation Force, Displace Al-Kurd Palestinian Family from their Jerusalem Home

As does Ramallahonline:

On Tuesday morning at around 9.30am, a group of settlers surrounded the al-Kurd family home in Sheikh Jarrah and took over a section of the house.
The take-over came minutes after an appeal, challenging an earlier court decision that deemed this section of the house illegal and gave the settlers the right to enter the property, submitted by the family’s lawyer, was rejected by the Magistrate Court this morning. The al-Kurd family only found out that their appeal was rejected when they saw the settlers approaching their home.

israeli courts give permission for settlers to move into palestinian home in sheikh jarrah

Does anybody here get their "news" from anything other than YouTube, LiveLeak (motto: Redefining the News), cartoons or ATS?

Whether you agree with the parties or the court, or not, outright deceit is never justified.

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 10-12-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Yeah you are making alot of good points, well not points citing alot of usefull facts thank-you.
My question is though the very first snippet says that the court will hear the case in Feb 2010?? that hasnt happened yet, and they still moved in?

also this
"All 28 families are refugees from 1948, mostly from West Jerusalem and Haifa, whose houses in Sheikh Jarrah were built and given to them through a joint project between the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) and the Jordanian government in 1956"

just to get to the facts, is this saying that the families/descendants have been there since 1948?

Also it is not my intention to be deceitfull, i bring the news i come across to members here, i then remove myself from the news and have an opinion based on the matter. Im not the press my opinion should be taken with the same grain of salt as everyone elses.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You all do realize that the Arabs and Jewish people have been fighting in various ways, including but not limited to this for thousands of years, right?

We can't really do much to change that.

I'm more pro Jewish as a religion, but when it comes to people, people are people and they all have rights. Right or wrong, nothing we do can change thigns over there unless we push for a slow and gradual change of thought amongst all people, one that can only be done by influencing people in a positive fashion and showing Christ's love and salvation to them.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by joesomebody]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

"You all do realize that the Arabs and Jewish people have been fighting in various ways, including but not limited to this for thousands of years, right?

We can't really do much to change that."

With an approach like that nothing will change, but having said that broad stroke of a paintbrush on the rainbow statement i can see your point. Its hard to look at a conflict that has essentially stood the test of time like nothing else and think "hey we can change that". Even if it does change in a certain capacity it will not be a shift towards neutrality if anything anti semitism will go through the roof and it will be the same titter totter on a different end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join