It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Occupants ~ Drawings,Sketches and Non-Human Reports.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Hey dude, it looks like we're amassing quite a collection.

Haven't started the Lou Baldin book yet but its definitely on the to-do list (been getting a bit carried away with this thread).

Found this other interesting book about the subject by David W Chase,its got a great cover - just look at the little blue chap on the left.

Cheers.
edit on 9-5-2023 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Karl, have you considered an ethno-geographic study of these reports?

We may gain insight into these reports if we look at how different cultures and regions of the world report these encounters. Are there differences in the aliens reported? Also, we might consider how the reports change over time, before the archetypical image of the grey-alien became ubiquitous to world culture. Is there still variation among the reported aliens or has it become more uniform?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Bogota, Colombia - early 1980:

The witness was on his way home with her stepparents from a dinner when she saw a large orange colored sphere of light following the car. It was about the size of a full moon. The next thing the witness remembered was lying on wet grass. Then lying on a metal table face up in a brightly lit room. She saw a female like entity with green skin and red eyes walking around the room. It had an elongated face reptilian in appearance. She wore a long white tunic and seemed unfriendly. In a different room she met a more human like being with large almond shape eyes a flat nose and dark hair in a bowl cut. He wore a dark blue jump suit very tight fitting with a triangular insignia on the chest area.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Botafuegos, Spain - February 11th, 1980:

Five witnesses, including Rafael Tobajas, spotted a low flying luminous white-orange object that seemed to be lifting up from some nearby wooded hills. Minutes later the object divided itself in three different luminous sections, then it united again into one luminous point. Soon using a pair of binoculars they saw the lights descend in a falling leaf like motion. Near the ground two huge man like silhouettes appear in front of the lights. These figures were over 3 meters in height and gray in color. The beings appeared to move using huge leaps and strides over the ground. Jumping easily over various obstacles, they seemed to move in slow motion and appeared to move in front of the luminous orbs of lights.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Robres Huesca, Spain - March 1980:

A motorist heading towards Huesca observed at 100 meters from the road on a field, a large object resting on the ground. It was rectangular in shape, the size of a large trailer and emitted a yellowish light from several vertical openings; on top it had two small red lights. The witness left his vehicle and walked closer to the object. Around the object he observed two or three tall human like figures, all heavy set and wearing shiny whitish outfits. The witness went back to his vehicle and left the area expressing surprise that the beings did not react when they had surely seen him. The next day a flattened area on the wheat field was found.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Eben-Emael, Belgium - May 13th, 1980:

In the area near the German border close to the Albert Canal the owner of a mushroom plantation was inspecting the caves where he grew the mushrooms when he spotted nearby a metallic circular object about 5.20 meters in diameter hovering about 50 cm from the ground. From a dome on top of the object an "escalator" descended to the ground then a human like figure came out and descended to the ground and stood next to the object. Two more similar figures came out and walked towards the witness. He described them as totally human in appearance, very pale, eyes slightly larger than normal and about 1.60 meters in height. They wore light colored combination outfits.

...The local gendarmerie was alerted, and interrogated the witness. The same day, in the afternoon, the witness received 2 visitors in blue military uniform who were speaking French with a Liege accent. After listening to his story, they then warned him "that he would be better off if he not seen anything."

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Sitio Quinque, Currais Novos, Rio Grande Norte, Brazil - July 1980:

Severino Soares da Silva was returning home from visiting friends and was walking on the only paved street in the area when he noticed a strange luminosity emanating from a nearby field. Thinking it was a car he approached the area and was surprised to see a large illuminated football-shaped craft, it had a door-like opening and two square windows. The object rested on two leg-like protrusions. At this point Severino observed two figures wearing aviator type suits and round helmets that covered their ears. The figures were about 1.20m in height, one of the figures appeared to bent under the object apparently in the act of performing repairs, the other figure stood watch in front of the object watching his companion working on the object.

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Lucky Point Indiana - November 1st, 1980:

A deputy sheriff on routine patrol had stopped to rest and was standing next to his police vehicle when he noticed a large black triangular shaped craft hovering at an angle about 200 feet away. The craft had large windows on its side and five humanoid figures could be seen standing inside from the waist up. The beings were gray colored with large heads, slim necks and slim bodies.

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Karl, have you considered an ethno-geographic study of these reports?

We may gain insight into these reports if we look at how different cultures and regions of the world report these encounters. Are there differences in the aliens reported? Also, we might consider how the reports change over time, before the archetypical image of the grey-alien became ubiquitous to world culture. Is there still variation among the reported aliens or has it become more uniform?

That's a good question which inspired me to do a little searching.

I've often thought and even remarked on ATS a few times that the grays look more like time travelers to me than aliens. As a result of my search I found what may be a good reason to explain that, apparently one theory is that the grays first appeared to illustrate what humans of the future might evolve into! So there is an interesting bit of cultural history on the grays that I only just now learned about

History of Gray Aliens

The first appearance of little gray aliens, though at the time they were not known as such, was in 1891.

More than 110 years ago a book was published called Meda: A Tale of the Future by a Mr. Kenneth Folingsby. The book described tiny gray men with heads shaped like hot air balloons

Around 1892, apparently, people took an interest in what human beings would look like after another million or so years of evolution. They concluded that the “Human of the Year 10 Million” would have no hair, mouth, or nose, an enormous lightbulb shaped head, and a small body. Since we’d develop machinery to do all our heavy labor, we’d become more intelligent organisms, thus making out bodies get smaller and our brains get larger. I don’t think there’s an evolutionary reason for it, but in drawings of that era the “people of the future” usually don’t have ears, lips, or noses, and have large or oddly shaped eyes.

The general trend seems to have gone something like this: people asked themselves what highly evolved humans would look like; they came up with the answers that a more advanced species would have huge heads and small bodies; then books and movies were made about alien invaders, such as War of the Worlds, and the more highly evolved invaders had this peculiar physiology. Then, the books, movies, magazines, comic books, and so on became so popular that everyone in the world would recognize the form

Well it's a theory but there are quite a few historical drawings of the large headed creatures to back up the claims.

Going back before 1891, there are UFO reports such as these:

socyberty.com...

But they don't have alien drawings or sightings, finding alien drawings before that gets harder unless you count a lot of artwork and cave paintings where we don't understand the context.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
UFO WOMAN IN USA CONTACTED BY ALIENS IN THE NEWS PART ONE
www.youtube.com...

Look at her alien descriptions....1:11 tiny men in blue robes accompanied by @ 1:37 ( the Lucky guy shown above)

This tells us the triangular crafts (Lucky above was seen in) are responsible for some of the abduction reports. With or without you I will find the answers.
I am not fond of chaos. This is overwhelming- like throwing puzzle pieces down on a table.
We should sort them out and match types to reports. We can arrive at a more illuminating and useful mass of information.
This being (photo or drawing) uses this aircraft (p or d) and wears such and such a suit. Sightings involving this alien have taken place (location ie near water, remote locations, in the home) Contactees have reported this alien is FROM (?) and their purpose is (?) Their actions thus far indicate (?) They are often seen traveling with (another alien species) or known accomplices lol...Their voice/communication mode IS and a summary.

Can someone get started on that? Catalogs and books available do not overlap reports of abductees, with UFO and alien sightings. They do not tell me origin, mode of transport and suspected purpose according to information provided by abductees of said alien.
I think this would help us to answer ourselves...who are the major players and why they seem to be here.
They are only categorized on those (Heinze 57) variety websites featuring the reptilians-That cloaked fellow being a favorite. Who the heck is that guy?
( Heitze reportedly knew about alienspecies- hence the name, he began Rotarians in and spent an odd amount of time near, the location of the world seed vault, northernmost part of the world Longyearbear(?)
Some sort of a big oil connection with him as well...anyway. Most of those sites are not very scientific.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
We may gain insight into these reports if we look at how different cultures and regions of the world report these encounters..

DR - Astrophysicist Jacques Vallee makes some very intriguing points about that aspect in this video and I think its interesting that there exists a huge variety of differing reports - all from different countries and from across all the different socio-economic stratas.

Links:

Magonia Database

Listings of CE reports

If all of these reports were visionary, fictitious or the delusional results of social conditioning (as it seems like you're suggesting) then surely the descriptions would be far more uniform in character and the reports would be more localized from within specific sections of society - there are also physical factors this position fails to take into account like electromagnetic interference effects and ground trace evidence.

There is one possible correlating factor I've noticed concerning UFO and UFO Occupant reports though - that is a preoccupation with obtaining water:

Unusual UFO reports of objects 'taking on water'

Nuclear/Atomic Installations also appear to have far more than their fair share of credible reports - Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

We are the only stop for water for a few billion light years. Makes sense. I think some are gathering DNA samples of biological life to splice with things back home.
We see what's out there...not much. Compared to the rest of the planets this is like the 7-11.
Honey I am going out for water, milkthistle, and cow innards for the baby. You want me to pick you up anything while I am on earth? Call Betty, see if she wants a cow?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

How about a couple of new threads where you begin a file system Humanoids, Non-Humanoid, Tall and Short?
Shall I apologize to Rex? Is that it? I may have jumped to a wrong conclusion about the apocalypse-canine but I am a utopian-feline so don't expect us to hug...lol

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I've often thought and even remarked on ATS a few times that the grays look more like time travelers to me than aliens.

Explain. I for one don't know what time travelers look like. No doubt it would be a momentous gift to receive your wisdom and experience in these matters.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And even if the creature has hands and arms, why does it need to be bipedal? What about a 6 limbed creature with 4 legs and 2 arms?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c484e0a8a91a.jpg[/atsimg]

Arbitrageur -heres an interesting report from Michigan,February 2006.

Location. Between Battle Creek & Bellevue, Michigan

Date: January/February 2006

Time: night

A woman driving alone on a road between both towns had to slow down for a stop sign. Suddenly a creature of very large size jumped up over a snow bank and ran “10 yards a second”. It was coming towards the car. She further described the creature as “enormous and its body as white as the snow around it”. It had tiny little legs, like animal goat legs but very small. She had the impression that parts of it were like a man and other parts of it were an animal. According to her it either grabbed, or reached for the door handle but he car was locked. She said its fingers were incredibly long, “long, long fingers and nails”. It was so incredibly fast that she did not see a face or anything else. She mentioned that another car of people had also seen it too; they had stopped and looking at it at one point.

www.ufoinfo.com...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
heres more....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

I've often thought and even remarked on ATS a few times that the grays look more like time travelers to me than aliens.

Explain. I for one don't know what time travelers look like. No doubt it would be a momentous gift to receive your wisdom and experience in these matters.

I thought if you read the accompanying material (did you?) it would be self explanatory.

The question is, what did humans look like earlier in our evolution? Well we're not sure of all the stages but probably a lot hairier, more muscular and with smaller brains. In fact I read that even now chimps can be stronger than humans even though they are smaller so we are already relying less on our muscles than our primate cousins who use their arms to swing through the trees.

Chimps versus humans-which are stronger?

A: In 1924, the Bronx Zoo tested the relative strength of a 165-pound man against a 165-pound chimpanzee. Using a dynamometer, which measures strength by the force of a pull on a spring, the man was able to pull 210 pounds. The chimp, on the other hand, pulled almost 900.

The lesson: Don’t mess with the apes. Pound for pound, chimpanzees are about five times stronger than humans.

The next question is if those evolutionary trends continue, what will humans evolve to look like in the future? Maybe humans will evolve even smaller, weaker bodies (since we rely more and more on machines to do physical things for us), and maybe relatively larger more bulbous heads to accommodate our brains which may continue to get larger. So sketch out what our evolved descendants may look like based on those predictions and you come up with some possibilities that look a lot like the grays, smaller bodies and larger heads but otherwise bipedal, which would basically be our children of future generations, more evolved humans.

Of course there's a lot of guesswork involved but I just thought it was interesting to note that not only did I have that guess about future evolution of man, but so did many others going all the way back to the 1890s, so many in fact that such an appearance became part of our popular culture.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Arbitrageur -heres an interesting report from Michigan,February 2006.

She said its fingers were incredibly long, “long, long fingers and nails”.
Cheers.
Great find, see, that's what I'm talking about! They don't all have to be bipedal.

The artist who illustrated it should have stretched out the fingers some more though!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Eucla, Nullarbor Plains, Australia - February 2006:

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Devil’s Swamp, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana - August 2006

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Bristol, Hartford County, Connecticut - January 12th 2005

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Caspian Sea, Astara & Lenkoran Azerbaijan - March 2005

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Laguna Don Tomas, near Santa Rosa, La Pampa, Argentina - March 2 2005

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Recife Brazil - March 2005:

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Big Springs, Texas - June 2005:

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Istebna, Poland - June 8th -10th 2005:

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Kota Bahru, Kelantan, Malaysia - July 2005:

www.ufoinfo.com...

---

Komsomolskoye, Crimea, Ukraine - July 17th 2005:

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Agreed. A large percentage of the aliens, and the effects they produce, would tend to imply that rather than space travel, these things are coming from some other time or reality, and are only "passing through" just long enough for us to get a brief glimpse of them, then they're gone.

Time travel or alternate reality travel is pretty hard to test for, though. We're not tremendously good at envisioning anything beyond three or four dimensions. And we sure don't know how to measure such things.

Maybe the abductions are their way of trying to make sense of our alternate reality. ???

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Of course there's a lot of guesswork involved [edit on 14-12-2009 by Arbitrageur]
That's an understament.

From what you've summed up here I see no way to differentiate between aliens and supposed time travelers, unless it is impossible for aliens to be bipedal, hairless beings.

On the other hand, there's no evidence that time travel is possible and in fact there are arguments against it (nature might even forbid it supposedly!). I'd argue interstellar travel is vastly more likely than time travel, thus in the trashcan the time travel hypothesis goes. Surely a parsimonous solution is more attractive.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The artist who illustrated it should have stretched out the fingers some more though!

Yes, I was a bit disappointed about that.

Don't know if you've seen the work of Dr Dale Russell before but thought it was relevant to your evolutionary discussion - he's projected what might be walking around on Earth today if the dinosaur extinction didn't happen.

Scientific speculation: In a "thought experiment"

Scientific speculation: In a "thought experiment" published in 1982 in the scientific journal Syllogeus by paleontologist Dr. Dale A. Russell, curator of vertebrate fossils at the National Museum of Canada in Ottawa, projected what the dinosaurs may have possibly evolved into, if they had survived the so called "extinction event" that took place 65 million years ago. He conjenctured that bipedal predators (theropods) which existed at that time, such as Stenonychosaurus / Troodon, would have evolved into intelligent beings similar in body plan to humans. Troodontids had semi-manipulative fingers, able to grasp and hold objects to a certain degree, and binocular vision. Like most dinosaurs of the troodontid family, this imaginary creature, which Russell called the "Dinosauroid" (picture), would have had large eyes and three fingers on each hand, one of which would have been partially opposed. As with most modern reptiles (and birds), its genitalia would have been internal.

www.hyper.net...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

General Pico, La Pampa, Argentina - March 3rd 2006

A local police officer, Corporal Sergio Pucheta a member of the regional unit from the Abigeato division reported having a bizarre encounter with two short entities with glowing red eyes which “followed him around and gave him orders” telepathically. He was missing for approximately 20 hours. His last communication was via cellphone when he reported a “strange situation”, but his communication was suddenly interrupted. Backup arrived about 10 minutes later, finding only his motorcycle, his personal weapon, helmet, and other personal items belonging to Pucheta. Later after an extensive search of the area he was found the next day at 1630 lying on a road in a fetal position between the towns of Trili and Quemu Quemu, at about 20km from his original location..

www.ufoinfo.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes thanks for making sure I've seen that! I think it's an excellent illustration I saw possibly on Zorgon's site. If that meteor hadn't hit 65 million ears ago, that could have been the way things worked out.

But interestingly it illustrates some of my issues with some of the aliens looking too humanoid down to details like the hands and fingers. I made a post earlier about why does a hand have to evolve into a thumb and 4 fingers, well the answer is that it doesn't. It looks like maybe the equivalent of a thumb and two fingers in that evolutionary projection, and that's even if the evolution occurred on Earth.

So if evolution occurred on another planet the possibility of evolving a different number of fingers or other gripping mechanisms seems likely.

I do find it interesting that a few of the reptilian aliens posted in this thread bear a resemblance to that evolutionary projection also. But it even with only 2 fingers and a thumb, it still looks a little anthropocentric to me. I think Carl Sagan was more imaginative regarding his projections of possible alien life forms.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for that. I remember seeing this in one of the dinosaur books that I had when I was 12. Although the picture I used to find terrifying. I knew the prospect of a type of being evolving from dinosaur's to be very real in one from or another in our own galaxy. I often found the idea of dinosaurs being extremely odd and out of place as far as human mammals is concerned. Dinosaur's would have destroyed lesser mammal life forms. Its interested how something wiped them out and we were able to flourish. I still have a deep respect for this type of being, and I think it begs the question of why two very different groups of beings who would annihilate one another came into existance in one place, and why the king of killers were wiped out. I think the answers have something to do with who we are and where we come from, and the answer is in the glow of the stars.

Surely if dinosaurs and mammals evolved together as a constant on planets in our galaxy, us human's would not have the chance to evolve.

It begs the question, what type of beings would have evolved from dinosaurs in our galaxy. Would we face similarities? Would they have evolved the same or differently? Also what type of environment would be ideal for mammals or reptilian species respectivly? They are seen to have existed together but this begs the question, what was the climate temperament on earth back in the days of the dinosaurs, how was it different if at all?

If it has changed, what would have caused this? Seems to me like someone or groups of beings are dipping their hands into things a little more than we tend to think.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by DarkCyrus]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join