It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware your children: They might be 'Climate Cops' - Company recruits kids to keep records, bust p

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Beware your children: They might be 'Climate Cops' - Company recruits kids to keep records, bust parents for 'energy crimes'

www.wnd.com

A new website campaign designed by a British power company recruits children through games, badges and cartoons to enlist as "Climate Cops," actively keeping records on their parents and neighbors for violations of "energy crimes" against the planet.

The "Climate Cops" website encourages children to investigate family and friends and "then build your 'Climate Crime Case File' and report back to your family to make sure they don't commit those crimes again (or else)!" The site also warns child
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
www.climatecops.com...

I saw the opening flash-based intro on the website and I felt like vomiting.

What is going on with this world?
Fine, perhaps the word "recruiting" is wrong since I didn't find evidence of compensation.

But that site is a brainwashing site and parents should have it blocked forever.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If you think this is ridiculous, I've got another site for you:

Moms against Climate Change

I saw their commerical today, it showed a protest group of kids going up against riot cops then running away... all actors, of course but it was still dumb as dirt.

Seriously, how can they be against 'Climate Change'? Why aren't they against pollution and contamination ... That would make more sense, but it's not as chic or trendy or as moneymaking as 'Climate Change' Ooooh la la.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I didn't really see anything on the site that brainwashed to the extent WND is claiming. It reminded me more of a Sesame Street meets Captain Planet. Which, arguably, is quite a bit more indoctrinating than that site.

BTW either I have horrible coordination or kids are freak superstars...I played the first little whack a mole game they have and sucked at it. No level 2 for me

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In the 1950s in the Soviet Union and the Eastern Block it was not uncommon for the kids to turn their parents in for not being in the cooperative farms or "kolhozy".

Here are two posters:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb1abbe3f75c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06730d62c070.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dont you think its time to break there will of lies?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why not shoot them? Aren't you Americans free of will and can do what you want? Why keep this bloody earth clean for that next generation? You don't have no responsibility for anybody but yourself! Your car is more important than your kid! Don't trust those little people! Kill them, before they can talk.

Is that, what you want to say? Boy, are you crazy!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not long ago I saw a commercial on TV which featured a child criticising their siblings and/or parents for leaving things plugged in overnight. Mobile phone chargers and the like.

It was done in a very "I'm better than you because I'm green" fashion.

I guess this is the next step.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Why not shoot them? Aren't you Americans free of will and can do what you want? Why keep this bloody earth clean for that next generation? You don't have no responsibility for anybody but yourself! Your car is more important than your kid! Don't trust those little people! Kill them, before they can talk.

Is that, what you want to say? Boy, are you crazy!

my thoughts exactly....
these anti-green/pro-pollution people are really starting to scare me..
i wasn't aware that there were many of these people till I signed up on this site...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Jesus!!

This reminds me of Nazi Germany, where the Hitler youth were told that they should turn their parent and family in if they said anything against the government.

This is sickening and scary propaganda, basically brainwashing kids by throwing climate change at them from every angle.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420

these anti-green/pro-pollution people are really starting to scare me..
i wasn't aware that there were many of these people till I signed up on this site...

1.I don't like those curly-cue lightbulbs because they contain mercury.
2.I do forget to unplug my cellphone charger, but not all the time.
3.I keep nightlights on ALL NIGHT,because I don't want to trip and fall
while going to the bathroom at 3:00a.m. Also,I don't want to accidentally
step on one of my cats,they are most offended when this happens.
4.I do sometimes forget to unplug my hairdryer.Hairdryers use a lot of
energy.
5. I only wash full loads of clothing in my washer and dryer.
6.I do keep my clothes iron unplugged all the time.
7.I keep the thermostat on my furnace at 70 during the winter,summer
my airconditioning is set between 75-80.
8.I do run a fan every night,365 nights a year,I can't sleep without hearing it.

But,to encourage children to inform on their parents is frightening indeed.
The old Hitler-type era is starting all over again.
The earth goes through regular climate changes,it's a cycle.TPTB are
using this cycle change to bring about policies they wish to inflict on the
population.Making the U.S. pay for being the largest polluter on the planet
is just one of them.TPTB are trying to break the United States and reduce
it to a third world nation.

new topics

top topics

join