It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich: Are we in Afghanistan to Fight or to Fund the Taliban?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Kucinich: Are we in Afghanistan to Fight or to Fund the Taliban?

www.commondreams.org

“U.S. contractors are paying U.S. tax dollars to the Taliban in order to protect the delivery of U.S. shipments of U.S. goods to U.S. soldiers so that our soldiers can fight the Taliban.

“The real secret to trucking in Afghanistan is ensuring security on the perilous roads patrolled by warlords, insurgents, tribal militias and Taliban commandeers. The American executive I spoke to was fairly specific about it. The army is basically paying the Taliban not to shoot at them,” and then the Taliba
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

“Are we in Afghanistan to fight or to fund the Taliban? Or both?”

I believe the answer is both!

Well I think that we are there for both reasons, if you don't fund them then how will the war continue?

Karzai recently said he's going to need help from U.S. for another 15 years or so, so he's asking for another 15 years of occupation. Don't forget though, he is a U.S. puppet, so anything he says is the Obama Administration talking really, or the people behind Obama.

Whatever it is, it is clear that the American Govt., for whatever reason, does not want to leave Afganistan and they will try whatever they can to try and stay there.

How many americans know how many soldiers are in Afghanistan? 97% maybe?
They only know about troops but not contractors which outnumber troops.
How crazy is that?

Will we ever leave that country?
Honestly I doubt it

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
MA,good thread S&F for you!
Thing is that we have been funding the Mujaheddin since the Soviets were in Afghanistan,at least all these off shoots eventually became Al-Queda,The Taliban and the Northern Alliance.All in the name of full spectrum dominance and to grab the remaining oil and natural gas in Eurasia.

new topics

join