It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all want to be murders and rapist:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Well, to start with, i wasn't actually replying to you, i was replying to Andy1033's post.

OK, granted, it is in a similar vein - but more concise.

You ask 'what word would be better suited than respect?', well...don't take this the wrong way, but from your post, i'd have to say a better word from your perspective would be 'envy'. (this is my personal opinion, and of course i acknowledge it is based on your post alone, and may be highly inaccurate)

And YES i have read the whole thread, but reading between the lines of your post, it is apparent to me you are trying to make it seem as though this is just an interesting, if unsavory mental exercise...but from my perspective..you seem to be fishing for something.

I don't think you are fishing for answers to your hypothetical questions..i 'read' you are actually seeking justification..intellectual comrades in arms as it were.

There are prisons full of people that hail from a long line of law enforcement, so really it makes no difference what your family history is or isn't. You are you, not your family.

I stick by my original reply to Andy1033, and don't feel i need to change a word of it..except maybe to urge you to get some professional help, IF you genuinely do fantasize about such things, and imagine this is a normal human mental preoccupation, which it most certainly is not. Well, not unless you are a deranged monster.

You did not offend me directly, but by lumping me and everyone else reading into a grouping ('we all', 'everyone') which according to you fantasizes about murder and rape, did.

No apologies required though..you read the threads - you take your chances...i saw the thread title, and made the choice to read it, so i've only myself to blame. Censorship is one of my pet hates, so even with outrageous topics such as yours, i would argue for your right to post it, regardless of whether i agree or not, or if it offends or not.

Edit to add:

I note you say more than once that you would like to kill murderers, rapists and child molesters..no ambiguity there then! You have contradicted yourself. I thought this was supposed to be an intellectual exercise about killing and raping? You are openly stating your would like to commit murder, nothing hypothetical about that is there!

Personally, i don't think anyone should be killed for any reason. Some would say that's an idealist viewpoint...in that case, the world could do with a few more idealists.

A more apt punishment would be a LONG life, kept in appalling conditions, fed disgusting, subsistence rations, with no creature comforts.

That's my idea of punishment and retribution for these types.

30 or 40 years of abject misery and hopelessness, is a more appropriate than a quick lethal jab that is over in a minute or two.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by spikey]

[edit on 11/12/2009 by spikey]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I agree with you for the most part, and denying what you have said doesn't make it any less true.

However any intelligent compassionate human has enough control over there mind to realise these instinctual actions have no place in modern society.

This thread does remind me of these two psychological experiments.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

very interesting. it's scary to think what all humans are capable of when all consequence is taken out of the equation.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
I agree with you for the most part, and denying what you have said doesn't make it any less true.

However any intelligent compassionate human has enough control over there mind to realise these instinctual actions have no place in modern society.

This thread does remind me of these two psychological experiments.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

very interesting. it's scary to think what all humans are capable of when all consequence is taken out of the equation.

Man is filth anyway.

All men would rape a female if he could get away with it.

It's the cold truth of this shallow empty reality.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As long as you don't put your thoughts into an action, neither you will be a murder nor a rapist.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ok in my original thread starter, I said there was a point. I have mentioned a couple of times about a book series call Emmanuel’s book 1,2,3.

We all believe in some sort of spirit, soul, angel or something that survives after death.

We come from an oneness, whether it is from heaven in the hall of all souls, or some place else depending on your religious back round.
The book is not a religious book, although I believe it should be, and I have another thread addressing exactly that.

The questions I ask were specific and worded such away to open the eye just a little. Some saw themselves, some saw sickness, most agree it is all crazy and others joined in a very good psychological way. Some are really trying to go down the road that I am looking for justification in my thinking, or that I am trying to find others who think the way I do, or something worse.

Instead of trying to explain it further I will let you read what Emmanuel has to say, and what started me on this thread to begin with. Similar explanations and questions are found in every religious book ever written.

“? Can someone who has committed rapes, murders, torture, suddenly awaken, repent, and all that darkness is forgiven?

Yes.
The mind reels at such sloppy bookkeeping.
But what about the ripples of suffering that human being has caused?

The suffering caused will wend its way to some good purpose within the lives of those who are affected.
This does not mean that murderers must be allowed to go about their murderous business until they see the light,
But neither does it mean that they must be treated as though they are not Angels.

In just a single instant of awakening the Angel is present, and the universe gathers around to serve it.

Everyone on this planet does the best he or she can in any given moment. Look around and you see the insanity, the cruelty, the destruction.
So not judge it, but know compassionately that whatever the results, each person is operating from the language of love he was taught.

The villain is the Angel probing illusion until he hits the wall of truth.
Honor the villain too.

Does it mean that you applaud the deed? No.
If the best thing you can do is to stop an injury, than you do so. If the best you can do is to tremble in a corner, then that is what you do. In retrospect, you might, perhaps, make changes, but that is mind’s game. It is not the heart’s truth.

See nothing in your lives as meaningless. The fact that no one really dies does not make war right. The fact that no one is surprised by his own death does not condone an assassination.

What you do in your human life is profoundly important- to you.

It is time you knew your good intent. It is to do the best that you can do in the name of the Love you know you are.”

As copied from pages 128 and 129 of book 3.

So lets mow that over, and let me no what you think.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatred and Envy

You know someone HAS to bite on your post, so it looks like it's me.

Have one too many?

It IS Friday night, so i'll have a JD and C please.

But, c'mon...really.

All men are filth...every man would rape if he thought he'd get away with it?!

Etc.

Eh?!

You're in danger of living up to your name H&E.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Blimey!

There you go again with the "We all" business!!

PLEASE...'We all believe' nothing of the sort!

Individual members on this board have their own individual beliefs or may not have a belief system at all.

That's what had my back up with your OP, your presumption that you know what your reader feels, dislikes or believes in!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You are correct, but by believing in nothing at all, in itself does that not become a belief. As in an atheist. They believe in no god, but it is a belief to believe in nothing, see how it becomes a double edge sword a circle that never ends lol.

But no I admit I have no clue what people believe one min to the next nor can I say I know my own with every breath we become a new person. With a new emotion that surfaces. With each breath, right now I may feel passive but someone could crash down my door and try to rob me so than my anger would become prevalent and that experience with no doubt would change me.

Because there is no wrong answer is why I love threads such as this, every one has a different opinion and a different back round to bring into play, one min we maybe pissed off at a post then we read on and find well they may have had a point and we see things a little differently.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I disagree with your basic premise.

Many people have a decent moral compass and don't need laws to keep them in line. They know that it is not right to kill someone or rape someone.

Perhaps it is a help for minor issues like traffic laws.

If most people didn't have a decent moral compass, then how did anyone survive for our society to mature to the level that it is in currently? (Not that many individuals in our society haven't matured enough to truly be free. )

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Hello wildbob77,

The moral compass, yes we all have one, and if we were not so tied down because of laws, and religion our moral compass would grow, and the world on a whole would be a much better place. But all these thing have gotten in the way, since I can’t use the word (we) any more I will say most people want to be kind, generous, forgiving and just friendly in general. But a male may think some of these things would show weakness, I look at a ballgame I see the players helping each other up, slapping on the ass and what not. This is all signs of friendship or admiration or just general respect for the other person in the game. But show a tear or say you care or give a guy a hug or anything that may show weakness, you are label from outside observers as gay or worse. Because of this we are not allow to show are true feelings, we are not allowed to speak honestly and openly with a clear thought because we are afraid, either of the other persons feelings, or of the backlash it may cause.

Sorry lost my train of thought and cant remember where I was heading. Senility setting in. lol

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

No, I pray my real inner soul is kind, generous and loving.

I desire to hurt no one.

Love is the answer, everything else is an illusion.

Only by love will you progress enough to return to the "god source".

Greed, hate, violence, all negativity will only thrust you deeper upon the wheel of karma.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hi ofhumandescent,

I agree with you, and I encourage you to read my post just above the big one not the two reply’s to others.

Thank you for your post keep the faith.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Wow what a complete and utter crap post.

You are throwing out insults without explaining yourself, we all think of rape and murder, we are not sick for having the thought come up.

There are people in this world, ugly, deformed and upset they can't get any "sexual union" are they sick for thinking about rape? NO.

There are people who are being abused by their parents, are they sick for thinking about taking them out? NO.

The thought will come into the mind of a desperate person, the point is, controlling them and fixing what is making you think that way.

As I said, if it starts turning into fantasy, then that's when you call for help. You are lying to yourself, if you think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zsaqulz78th

Wow what a complete and utter crap post.

Projection.

You are throwing out insults without explaining yourself, we all think of rape and murder, we are not sick for having the thought come up.

No, YOU may think of rape and murder, not everyone does.

Yes, you are sick if you think of raping someone, usually a woman. Why would anyone with any morality or any inherent decency ever even have a passing thought about forcing someone to suffer the revolting violence of having their very soul dirtied, let alone their physical body invaded by physical force and defiled by some evil scum who can‘t control themselves, so wish to control others because of their inadequacy. For their lives to be ruined and their very being to be deemed dirty for some time. What do you think…a few good slaps…a punch in the mouth if they resist…or cut them up a bit….are you mad…or do you not understand what rape means?

There are people in this world, ugly, deformed and upset they can't get any "sexual union" are they sick for thinking about rape? NO.

Again, I question if English is your first language or that you understand what rape is. I don’t care if someone is Quasimodo, if you are a well person, who has inherent decency, no, you do not ever think about rape. It is not normal. If it is normal in some males then get me of this planet…or better still whisk those males away and leave the planet to those who are not sick as hell.

There are people who are being abused by their parents, are they sick for thinking about taking them out? NO.

In such circumstances where people have been deeply harmed and their very souls violated, then that would be normal to have the odd thought about harming one‘s harmer. However, it is not in the slightest bit normal, for someone who is fairly healthy, not being, or having been abused, to regularly fantasise about murder.

The thought will come into the mind of a desperate person, the point is, controlling them and fixing what is making you think that way.

As I said, if it starts turning into fantasy, then that's when you call for help. You are lying to yourself, if you think otherwise.

Thinking about murder or rape IS fantasy and fantasising about it…so therefore anyone fantasising about rape is a sick bastard in my book and should get help or be taken out of society. Equally, anyone who hasn’t damn good reason, is sick to be actually thinking about murder at all on any consistent basis. You might want revenge, you might wish to hurt someone who has hurt you…but to murder someone? To think about murdering someone and to watch their life drain away in pain and horror, and most probably lots of blood? You feel that is normal?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I think it started out with some interesting questions about rapists and desires to kill but then in the mass of the message, assumptions were made.

Imagine if everyone forcefully had sex with the people they wanted. I imagine that we'd have big bullies raping school girls and incestual fathers. That's disgusting.

Also, it was made to seem that we all have desires to kill and then implies laws prevent us from acting on it. Not exactly. I think most of us realize these feelings and urges will pass and that we can get along without inflicting harm on someone. You know, go workout or run a mile and let off some steam, and suddenly, nobody has to get hurt.

I think most of us have enough self-control not to go overboard and hurt someone else. Then, there are those without it, and they need to be put away to keep the rest of us safe.

That said, what is to be said for military personnel? I personally find this a complicated issue. It's hard to prevent offensive attacks without killing innocent people in the process (and getting your own troops all home safely). What I will say is, I won't be the one to drop a H-bomb on an entire city because one guy orders me to.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I remember back in the 80's, a TV preacher told about driving home one day and wondering what his life would be like if his wife and childern were to die and he could do anything he wanted. He went on to say that many of us have thought of that sernario, but it doesn't make us bad Humans, it just makes us human.

I believe that the answers to the OP topic lies in serveral things. You start with the core person, but enviornment, societies, social standards, family, friends, and any host of other influences shape our minds as we grow.

To those who say "I would never..." or "I never thought...", are you speaking from the person you are now or have always been? Most childern get angry if they don't get their way. It's at this time, we (parents, society) start shaping their morals. So thinking from this point of time, can you still say 'you never?'

To those who say "if anyone hurt mine, I would...", I have to wonder, would you really? How do you know until you've been there. For the record, I was one who thought like that until something happened. I really find it hard to take anyone serious who makes the statements like these simply because they've not been there and their life isn't over. But in reference to the topic, I hope they really mean it and don't ever. But time and circumstances can change us.

I wouldn't have thought my brother 15 years younger than me would get up in the middle of the night at his girlfriends direction and kill a man for no apparent reason. Of course, at the trial, she said it was his idea, but I found it strange that being caught, arrested, and seperated withing 30 minutes of the tip off phone call to the police, that they both told the same exact stories at different trials, each blaming the other.

All men aren't violent just as all women aren't non-violent. But the odds are that most think about these topics. The seed gets planted in the books we read or the movies we watch. Think back to some of the fairy tales you were told growing up. Many are filled with violence.

Statements like 'a woman can get any man to sleep with her' and a 'rich man can take a woman away from another man' just aren't true either. While many will take advantage, we need to watch generalizations like that.

But as dark as we can be, we can be just as loving and caring. Someone asked if anyone ever thought about caring and giving. The answer to that is yes. But not everyone does all the time. Even killers and rapist love and care for family.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that most of us have thoughts of doing bad things, but for most, they usually pass as quick as they appeared. Some may dwell on them, Some become famous writers, putting them to paper. But I believe it's a rare individual who thinks about such things non-stop. But on the other side, we also think about doing something nice and don't act on that either, does that take away from the person we are?

Before we snap to judgement, we should take the time to analyize the individual and their situation.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The gratification of the 'bad guys' being executed is one of justice, not bloodlust.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Great post all,

To paraclete1,

Sorry to hear about your brother, but all us men are pigs in the way that when we are younger we would do anything for a girl in the name of love, so this does not surprise me. I myself in my younger days did something’s that I am not proud of in this so called game of love, than one day we get married and have kids, and we grow up some. And still in that game of love do things we know we shouldn’t, like buy stuff on credit, that we know is going to be hard to pay off or because of a birthday holiday or anniversary we do similar things to keep our women happy.

At this stage in life, we still in the name of love, would kill but only to protect, I have guns in my house and I am well trained by the military how to use them, and I have no hesitation that if someone was to enter my home unwelcome they would be leaving in a body bag. Is this done to protect the material things I own know that would be stupid, I am the first person to give the shirt off my back to someone in need, so it would be in the name of love for my children and my wife.

As a side note, often I have thought about what would happen, question or what would I do if, question. If my wife got into a car accident and didn’t make it home that day from work or from any place. I think we all have these kinds of thoughts; it is a coping mechanism that we all have to help better deal with it if it ever occurs. Me and my wife joke like what you do with out me. I always say just make sure there is enough insurance so I can buy a big boat and go live on the water. And stupid things like that. Because know could possible know what they would do until it actually happens to them.

Well with that all said good job all and thank you for the postings.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

they had the "guts" to act on rape and or murder?

rofl no

you should have enough SELF CONTROL to never come close to doing either

you aren't a hero for acting out any animal like thought you have

it's perfectly fine to think about it because it doesn't cause anyone any HARM

but the moment you enact such events you are impacting someone elses life and you have ZERO right to ever take away someone elses choice

if you have trouble understanding that

you really are insane.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I find it fascinating... the invisible barrier that keeps most people from following up on their intial thought/desire/instinct in a given situation. In studying serial killers, it is disturbing that they can recount their acts with no more emotion than we would recollect taking out the trash or going to get some gas for our car.
What holds us back? fear, fear of retribution and punishment? Is it morals and ethics? Or is it God or religion or fear of losing our wife or husband? Because like you initially said, we all have dark thoughts nad impulses at time, but in a split second decide that to follow through on such an impulse is wrong or repugnant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join