It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all want to be murders and rapist:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

The simple answer is yes on becoming reality if they posses such descriptions. I am reluctant to add to that for fear of this thread heading into terrorist area. Trying to do my best to stay away from that but I can see how easy it could go there and just don’t want that to be the center focus here.

Great post thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Again, simply not true. There is nothing about being a sociopath that leads to murder.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Thank you for the clarification. Captain. With your back round I expect many more such post. Keep up the good work.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by drmeola]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would say it directly is a result of your personal experiences.

Everybody thinks about killing somebody, but as long as they have an easy-going life and experiences of love, they will never evolve into making it fantasy, and then evolve into carrying out the fantasy.

For instance, being raised in jail, going to jail early in your life and getting raped by inmates, when you come out, it's like a 100% chance your going to murder somebody. Living on the street or in absolute isolation, also raises the chances.

But no, not all sociopaths will cross the line and ruin their lives.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Okay my man, I didn't mean to hit a soft spot there.

Thanks for educating me.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
[edit on 9-12-2009 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Rape? Never. Not even if I had a fifth of Jack in me. I have seen a beautiful woman and thought, "I'd like to have sex with her." I've never entertained the notion of "taking" her, nor forcing her.

Murder? That involves a legal standard, and social mores. If a person or persons had convinced me that they were a valid threat to me or mine, I wouldn't consider it murder, I'd think of it as self-defense. Perhaps that resonates as a rationalization. Okeydokeyfine. I was a soldier once. I didn't think of that as murder, nor self-defense. That was duty. I didn't really feel anything at the time -- it was years later when I felt things and wandered through those emotions.

Short-eyes? Kill 'em. I can think of no manner within my own system of justice that pedophiles can be spared. I just think they are broken, and need to be put down. I might even squeeze out a tiny bit of sympathy for a creature that knows it is broken, what it is doing is wrong, but that wouldn't deter me in voting for their extermination, should that opportunity present itself.

Perfect people worthy of judgement? Not me, man. I'm about as screwed-up as a person can get and still function within the rational parameters of society. People that know me think of me as a happy, funny, sometimes quirky, often soft-spoken person. Nobody I know fears me, and they have no reason to.

I've watched horror movies all my life; I find them entertaining, for the most part. Gratuitous blood and gore don't bother me, but I don't find it entertaining. Sometimes I find it to be disturbing, as it reminds me of real-life situations I've had the misfortune to be in. Regardless, I don't think that my enjoyment of horror films has in any way pushed (nor pulled) me toward a place where I was more predisposed toward violence or shifting my personal boundaries in any way.

I think serial killers are broken too. some of them are apparently fairly bright. In nature, broken members of the species are systematically weeded out, either by killing or by isolation. We humans have transcended the natural processes. I think that in doing that, our tolerance and lattitude have allowed more broken creatures to flourish, at least until they are caught and tried by their justice systems.

I'll stop typing now. I'm not sure what in this thread struck me that made me want to address it in the first place. Maybe I'm broken.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek

Okay my man, I didn't mean to hit a soft spot there.

Thanks for educating me.

Not trying to come off as rude, I just hear a lot of misconceptions about it and feel it is importnat to remove the negative stigma that goes with it.

Back on topic, I think you can look at the animal kingdom and see that it isnt law that keeps these things from happening. Yes, these things occur in nature, but they are very rare, and put in the situations, most animals will not needlessly kill or rape.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Great post my friend argentus, it is the first person as in your self and your opinions that I am looking for. It is easy to respond from the outside of many threads and rely on news post and links, but rarely does someone come up with a thread as this that causes us to look within and seek out our own individual humanity. Thumbs up

oh and p.s. your not broken

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
. . .
And how many repeat offenders or cereal killers progress, because once they get the taste for blood or dominance over another they cant stop.

Cereal killers are more likely to crave the taste of bran flakes than the taste of blood.

Jokes aside, it might surprise you to learn that half the population are female, few of whom have the urge to rape anyone.
Out of the remaining half only a small percentage would rape a girl even if they were stranded on a desert island with her, and even fewer would actually slip a blade between their enemy's ribs.

It's a mistake to judge the quiet majority by the perverted few,

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Very true and only in the human animal do we chose beyond the animal kingdom in as many off springs we have and so much more, the animal kingdom kills for food, for self preservation and they have no choice in that manor. But we as human beings have choices and yes most choices is a result of our surroundings, or for self preservation. But I will leave it here for now.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Oh I am not trying to judge anyone sorry if you got that impression. And yes women make up next to nothing of violent crimes in the country. And let me show you where I get my view from on taking women for sex from. This is what is found in the animal kingdom; of course the attraction is not of beauty there but of the female’s ability to survive. Lions and lioness are the best example of survival of the fittest, but will not go into a description of my mean endless I need too. I hope that helps. If not I will elaborate more on natural instincts. Thank you for your post.
And we in my opinion have many similarities to the wild kingdom. But again I will digress and allow others to comment

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I have to say, this is one of the most abstract threads I have ever stumbled across.

My particular form of preferred torcher would have to be the RACK. It allows total control of the victim and can be use patiently or quickly to bring about what your goal is. So what’s yours?

Are you serious? I can't relate to this masochist point of view. Baffled.

So in a way I say I have respect for murders and rapist and even child molesters. Do I agree with there ways? No way in hell. Should they all be killed for committing such and act? Yes they should.

So you would respectfully kill them? Hard to understand that way of thinking.

Or could it be just jealousy that they did what I could only dream of doing?

If your dreams are filled with scenarios of you raping and killing or committing acts of pedophilia, then you should seek professional help. Seriously.

Having said all of this. I agree that we humans do have our darker sides. We all have fleeting fantasies of one type or another. But to label us all as 'wanna be murderers and rapists' is ridiculous.

I would love for a qualified psychologist to have a gander at this thread, I'm sure they would have a field day with this.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Hi and welcome, I use the title to bring traffic to the topic. My dreams are not of such that I can assure you. The RACK, is my favorite because I would love to use it on my back, so when I am in pain I often joke with my wife, man I need to build that thing so I can use it, and as a second thought I think it would be fun to use with my wife. Not that we ever got into bondage or leather or any of that before, but it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to explore options with my wife that I have known for 19 years.

And yes a psychologist would be more than welcome on this thread.
Good post thank you.

p.s. if a psychologist does write a paper on this thread I want some credit lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I actually think threads like this are necessary because they bring into light issues of human nature which we often just slip under the carpet and pretend that it is not there. This makes us who have thought of killing or raping somebody feel inhuman, wrong and we censor our thoughts, rather than investigating them. Fortunately, we are living in a more liberal and open society today, where we can talk about these things.

I started a thread a long time back called, "Evil thoughts" Ever since I was a child I would have very evil thoughts, and strangely, they were about people who I really cared about. I use to lament these thoughts, thinking myself to be some evil and twisted soul. I fought my "human" nature and suppressed it. Later on, while my evil thoughts started to subside, they would resurface again from time to time. It has been a long time since I had them now, but I doubt they are completely gone.

What are they and why do they occurr? I think partly they are a trace of our animal past. In those times, killing another being was Ok and we did not have to worry about what others thought. It was survival of the fittest. I think part of us really resents relationships and wants to be free and individual, so this may explain why my evil thoughts were more about my loved ones.

So what to do? It is my theory that some of us have given into these thoughts and then become those murderers and rapists that we all love to hate. While, most of us suppress them, but express them in the subtle violence we do to each other and hence why we secretly enjoy watching violence. It satisfies that primal nature within us. Some of us take to the other extreme of the murder and rapist and try to behave like saints. In all of these strategies to deal with our evil thoughts, there is an element of suppresion to various degrees. We are constantly having to suppress these thoughts and not actually coming to terms with them. I really must pity the very positive, peaceful and loving religionists who try to hide from their human nature.

But does this mean that we simply give in? Everybody returns to their animal nature, hunts, gathers, kills? No, but one must understand the deeper ontological reasons for why we feel that. And that is, according to my philosophy, a desperate desire to be free! We hate bondage. We hate prisons of all kinds. Physical prisons; social prisons; mental prisons. We know deep down that we are really spaceless and timeless beings, and this is why secretly we want to destroy everything, including those relationships we most cherish, even our bodies. This is what Freud called the Thanatos priciple.

So rather than giving in to raping, murdering and hating one another, which is giving in to your mental prison, understand your spaceless and timeless nature and realise it. Free yourself from these prisons.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

First thank you for your post, it is well written and you got your point across clearly openly and without the usual emotional response we so often see on ATS. Unfortunately I am at a loss on an immediate response but I will continue to look it over and see what I discover. Great job. Keep it up.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I must say this is a tough one I am usual never at a loss for words, to address just some of your comments, first I would recommend to you to start writing, nothing specific just write that is what I do, I start out with a thought and see where it leads me. The mental prisons are many inside just one person, we put up walls as to not get hurt, we block out our real feelings especial when we are not alone. There is only one religion I know of that does not allow its teachers to wed, and look at the problems that has caused. They start to get the mind set that some sexual predators have and they do it out of love. A father would never do anything to intentionally hurt his daughter, yet he one way or another sexually assaults her, and when asked he loves her with all his heart. This is one of those fine lines in our humanity we love our offspring completely and would do anything to keep them safe. But then in loving so completely there love becomes one of a physical love. Never in the mind of the attacker do they believe they are doing anything wrong.

But for now I will have to leave it there because I am still not sure on all my thoughts to your post.
Again thank you.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Can we help feeling this way?

We're bombarded by sex, drugs, death, war and fear all over the place. Our poor little hunter gatherer brains are confused.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

True, true enough that is why I love threads like this were we can speak our minds with little fear of what others may say, as we try and grasp and understand some of what we are all going through.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

It feels to me a bit that you are probing for our responses within context of a lifestyle absent of societal mores and laws -- sort of a Mad Max meets reality TV.

If that is so, and even if not, I think that a society or collection of humans or individual operating in an absence of moral consequences risks becoming something less than human. Objectively, that does not necessarily make them lesser than human, just different.

I believe I've seen validation for this many times. Mob mentality, for example. I will always remember when the 'Niners won their second SuperBowl in as many years, and the massive turnout in San Francisco to welcome the 'Niners home.

Part of the celebration turned into, predictably, a mob that directly burned and destroyed property. I climbed up upon a balcony of a business and watched. I'll never forget the look of mad glee on the faces of some people that had previously been celebrating and cheering. I think some of those people had fantasies that, lubricated by alcohol and other intoxicants, had been surpressed, and in the relative safety of judgement of a mob, they bloomed into a person who did what they'd secretly dreamed of. It was eye-opening.

What are we all capable of, if we knew we wouldn't get caught? Some could truthfully say, I'd guess, there are things they might contemplate in an absence of consequence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join