It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh dear, 2012, is it the next Extinction Level Event – The Final factual proof?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is a pretty cool way at looking at 2012. I wonder how far into the +/- in year variations are we. It looks pretty ominous and pretty regular in Galactic Terms.

"I want you to read this very important article and understand the possibility that life could be changing for us all very soon. The data presented here is factual and based on published documents and well accepted facts. We will examine why Science is admitting with one hand yet denying with the other what could be the next Extinction Level Event facing all life on Earth. It is knocking on our door right now."

Anyone have anything on ~90 million years ago?

www.doomdaily.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

Saw a diagram similar to this on another website. People misinterpret the "pass through the center of the galaxy." The article I read dealt with the mass extinction of species every 65 - 70 million years or some cycle like that. It basically showed the same diagram where the Earth is about to cross a cosmic radiation belt that science has not detected, nor do they understand at all. Probably not true, and I cant wait to be drinking champagne on December 31st, 2012...but it makes you wonder.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by DocEmrick]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
2012 is when Maitreya will declare himself as Maitreya. Yikes. Anti-Christ.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i very well may be mistaken.

but i could swear i watched a show on the History channel about 6months ago that pointed out that we wont be crossing threw that plane for about 18million years.

and didn't the Dino's die out 65million years ago, not 90? (if that's not what you were referring to OP, then my bad, didn't mean to misinterpret)

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
i very well may be mistaken.

but i could swear i watched a show on the History channel about 6months ago that pointed out that we wont be crossing threw that plane for about 18million years.

and didn't the Dino's die out 65million years ago, not 90? (if that's not what you were referring to OP, then my bad, didn't mean to misinterpret)

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Alaskan Man]

I too have seen a similar program but the thing is other places that say we went thru about 10 or so million years ago just doesnt match with anything significant on earth.

I think the links in the actual article for each event are pretty trustworthy.

I did have serious doubts about 2012 with all the different conflicting events but somehow I cannot dismiss any points.

insert twilight zone tune here....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thank you for the artical. Very interesting read.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

and didn't the Dino's die out 65million years ago, not 90?
He says they died out 65M years ago...he then briefly examines 90M ago...

EDIT: Still not convinced? Check out this thread I made a while back...
Study shows a prominent 62 million year mass extinction cycle - We are on the brink of the next one
I basically think passing through the galactic belt is bad...it's every 60-65 million years where we experience the worste stuff...every second passing...and the passing in 2012 isn't going to be the nice one...the dino's got the last bad one...

[edit on 10/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. Self-fulfilling prophecies are becoming more and more self-evident nowadays, at least to me. That being said, surely ask for what you want. Just take into consideration the "other." Let us not be the architects of our own destruction. We have so much to give.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

dude did you use the same signature as me?
i didnt write it but i have an odd reason for using dr seuss whats yours freind im curious? did you know him ?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

are you actually trying to make him justify why he's using a quote that might mean just as much to him as it does to you? how do you even know that he didn't have it before you? kinda childish dude because how many members does this site have?! Plenty of room for some dr seuss quoteage.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
uh not every thing is an attack and your answering for another person? of course that person has every right to use any signature they want just really surprised me to see it in the same thread i was looking at i thought i was seeing things at first. I was asking the person why they used it most people stop with dr suess when they are kids and to have the same one out of hundreds of choices was pretty wild. Before you defend someone make sure there being attacked. I am far from a angry person my feelings were quite the opposite i was more impressed by the choice its not like it was my quote i ripped it off from the good DR. S.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Even if this theory were true, and even if all the "facts" in that article were accurate, even if it were completely true, just think for a moment about the phrase +/- 1 million years. That means that even if the cycle theory where true, and even if the 62 million year anniversary fell on exactly december23 2012, it could happen tomorrow, or 1,000,000 years from now. The idea that this credence to the idiotic 2012 fear is moronic.

In other words, don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Doglord

LOL so if everything is true,

but than one thing isn't? kinda self- contradictory

all you gotta do is look at the world, and whats going on.

somethings gotta give. and it's gonna happen soon.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157

LOL so if everything is true,

but than one thing isn't? kinda self- contradictory

You missed my point, even if (and its a biiiiig if) everything in the article where true, with a margin of error of 1 million years or more either way, that means there is a 2 million year span of time in which said event could occur. To put that in perspective, modern humans only came into existence as a species 200,000 years ago.

all you gotta do is look at the world, and whats going on.

somethings gotta give. and it's gonna happen soon.

People have been predicting the"end of the world" for at least 5000 years. So far, ALL of them have been wrong.

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common."
from an Assyrian tablet dated to 2800 B.C.

A brief history of the apocalypse

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Doglord]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

The problem with 2012 theories is that if you look on page 2 of the mayan calendar, it continues on past year 4050.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You know what I think? I think, who the hell gives a crap! Why? Because if it happens we won't be able to stop it. Stop worrying about what MAY or MAY NOT happen and live your life. Be happy. Love your family. Grow a family. Get married or travel the world.

But don't worry about crap like this because it's out of our control. If we go extinct in 2012 then so be it. I can almost guarantee you that if it happens you won't know it and/or won't feel a thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

That is proof of nothing other than the gullibility of a large portion of human kind. Nothing else.

If science can't detect these things, how does anyone know about them? It's the most illogical nonsense ever. All the 2012 believers will look so foolish on 13 December 2012. I can't wait.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
uh not every thing is an attack and your answering for another person? of course that person has every right to use any signature they want just really surprised me to see it in the same thread i was looking at i thought i was seeing things at first. I was asking the person why they used it most people stop with dr suess when they are kids and to have the same one out of hundreds of choices was pretty wild. Before you defend someone make sure there being attacked. I am far from a angry person my feelings were quite the opposite i was more impressed by the choice its not like it was my quote i ripped it off from the good DR. S.

um, how on earth was that an attack? i was just saying you came across as childish. I'll stand by what i said. meh.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

YO WAT IS YOUR DEAL? I SAID I WASNT ATTACKING THE PERSON YOU ARE DEFENDEING LIKE IM A BULLY? i WAS JUST CURIOUS LIKE I SAID AND IF IT WAS A CHILDISH STATEMENT LET THE PERSON I WAS ADDRESSING ANSWER ANY WAYS
PEACE AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY THIS WAS CLEARLY A MISUNDERSTANDING IM NOT ON THIS FORUM WITH ANY INTENTIONS OF CAUSING CONFLICT.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doglord
Even if this theory were true, and even if all the "facts" in that article were accurate, even if it were completely true, just think for a moment about the phrase +/- 1 million years. That means that even if the cycle theory where true, and even if the 62 million year anniversary fell on exactly december23 2012, it could happen tomorrow, or 1,000,000 years from now. The idea that this credence to the idiotic 2012 fear is moronic.

In other words, don't worry about it.

The figures are of course based on what we are only told. Maybe it is actual an exact figure. By adding in such large margins in the scientific data it leaves it all open to debate and plausible deniability from the officials and it could be as easy accepted by the masses.

I dont like the idea of randomness although of course it does exist. Precision and perfection is more my bag.

Maybe that would make 2012 a good pinpoint for a date and again maybe it does not.

We will have to wait and see. I do know there maybe debate over the starting dates of any ones calendar, maybe it will all happen sooner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join