It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Phenomenon over NORWAY and Christian art...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The only spiral connection I could come up with is the 'Newgrange Megalithic Passage tomb'. This is in Meath in Ireland. Many of the stones around it have spiral imagery on them. This tomb is supposed to represent passageway to the afterlife.

The tomb was supposed to be built around 3200BC. Older than stonehenge and the pyramids. Maybe these guys knew what they were at?

Peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

I don't think you'll find anyone 'freaking out about rockets' as you put it..very few on these boards would anyway. We're too used to weird and wonderful happenings on here.

Since you have only just become a member, you can be forgiven for your sensationalism, and dim view of ATS's member fortitude.

If this sort of thing 'freaked' most of the ATS membership out, most would not come back, unless they enjoy being freaked that is.

As an aside, people here generally take these reports as an interest, a hobby of sorts, and the discussion and controversy and any potential implications derived from information posted here, is what our members actually seek out...so don't worry..no need to shout out what you think it is.

The mundane we can get everywhere, the deliciously mysterious we come to ATS for..

Have you considered the rocket explanation could be a convenient cover story to explain this away as a mundane story?

I assure you, many, many people who have picked up on this story have considered it.

There are a few that come here, with the mundane or boring in mind..to 'educate the flaky conspiracy loons', but as i say, if we wanted the everyday, rational, boring we can find that anywhere and everywhere, for the thrill of mystery, the excitement of potential discovery..we come here and marvel at the 'what if' factor..shame that there are a few dribbling know it alls on here, that love nothing better that to crush the life and soul out of mystery and kill the thrill of the hunt for excitement.

Why they don't frequent pure science or astrophysics forums, instead of this one is beyond me.

They (and most of the membership) know who these killjoys are.
(You'll recognize them easily as they are oft to mention the word 'Laws')

Anyway, welcome to ATS and i hope you'll have fun opening your mind to new and strange possibilities.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Found this on yahoo front page. This is the video that came with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Assuming this photo is real:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Can someone please explain to me how a rocket can make several perfect spirals? Wouldn't we expect a rocket to move through the air, due to gravity, thrust, aerodynamics and wind, thus distorting any spiral? Shouldn't we expect a very messy, imperfect contrail, as we see below?

cache.gizmodo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemlocks

A Really nice comparassion Hemlock! What I saw interesting is that in the classical painting, the sign in the sky seem to not interest anyone. But for us in these times it seems the whole world is just jerking for something to happen. So hold on to your seat jenny, because Kansas is going bye-bye.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemlocks

_____________________________________-

here's what i wrote for another thread...but seems more appropriate in yours:

posted on 9-12-2009 @ 23:28

On October 13th in 1917 over 60,000 witnessed the Event
promised by the 'Virgin Mary' at Fatima. The Sun 'danced' ,'Spiraled',
'changed colors'...

this event in Norway might be a cousin to that 1917 event,
but this 2009 event is tied to the approaching 2012 date.

end-times: there will be 'signs' & 'wonders' in the heavens (skys)

not being dismissive, but isn't the 'seed vault' up there in the far north?
www.cnn.com...

perhaps the blue beam will target the 'seed vault' (designed to help replenish the Earth after the 2012 cataclysm) and radiate the seed stash?

et's, aliens, spirit entities, virgin Mary's... there's someone/something playing with us mere humans

indeed the medieval-art 'cloud shape & beam' is a forerunner of the recent sighting

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Exactly. If the orignal was touched up ask you self when was it done, by whom and for what reason(s). Maybe to better show what was to come in the future???

Someone knew of such occurances and wanted it presented for all in the form of art.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Hemlocks]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Hemlocks]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just wondering if there might be a connection between Obama being in Norway right around the time of this occurrence to accept the Nobel Peace Prize? I find it extraordinarily coincidental that he would be over there along with the focus of the whole world right around the time of this phenomenon. There has to be a connection. The Norwegians knew the whole world would be watching their country during the Nobel event. Perhaps it was some type of new technology the Norwegians wanted to display?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemlocks
Look at the two pictures...looks very much like the same spectacular phenomenon in the skies. We had and continue to be visited by god(s)/aliens since the dawn of man!

Of course aliens are watching, just as humans keep tabs on nearly every other species on Earth.

People have to stop thinking Humans are the center of attention. And that statement goes double for the religious folk.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Interesting comparison that the OP is making.

Now I realize that it's not the Annunciation but Tuesday was The Feast of the Immaculate Conception

The Fatima Prophesy did speak of signs in the sky...

When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given to you by God that He is about to punish the world for its crimes, by means of war, famine and persecutions of the Church and of the Holy Father."

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by '___'omino

I don't think you'll find anyone 'freaking out about rockets' as you put it..very few on these boards would anyway. We're too used to weird and wonderful happenings on here.

I'm indicating that I'm freaking out about rockets. Sorry =(

Since you have only just become a member, you can be forgiven for your sensationalism, and dim view of ATS's member fortitude.

I'm glad you can forgive me =) I care about your opinion

If this sort of thing 'freaked' most of the ATS membership out, most would not come back, unless they enjoy being freaked that is.

Relax, I was reffering to myself and being largely sarcastic as well. (Over the internet sarcasm loses its spicyness)

As an aside, people here generally take these reports as an interest, a hobby of sorts, and the discussion and controversy and any potential implications derived from information posted here, is what our members actually seek out...so don't worry..no need to shout out what you think it is.

How does one exactly shout over the internet? I'm sorry I come off that way I guess I'm allergic to sillyness. -shrugs- (see how I did that -freaking out about rockets-)

The mundane we can get everywhere, the deliciously mysterious we come to ATS for..

You can have your deliciously mysterious if it IS deliciously mysterious. Otherwise you are acting like a ___________. (insert long list of words here)

Have you considered the rocket explanation could be a convenient cover story to explain this away as a mundane story?

Before any official statements were made it was already shown to be a rocket. You can ignore evidence all you want it doesn't effect me in the slightest. -shrugs-

I assure you, many, many people who have picked up on this story have considered it.
There are a few that come here, with the mundane or boring in mind..to 'educate the flaky conspiracy loons', but as i say, if we wanted the everyday, rational, boring we can find that anywhere and everywhere, for the thrill of mystery, the excitement of potential discovery..we come here and marvel at the 'what if' factor..shame that there are a few dribbling know it alls on here, that love nothing better that to crush the life and soul out of mystery and kill the thrill of the hunt for excitement.

I'm glad that you know me so well =)
Its also nice to have a wonderful peace officer to guide me here on ATS. I don't know what I would do without you! This is an amazing phenomenon but greed always has you wanting more more more -- Who is to say that I don't like the thrill of mystery, and the excitement of the po. . . Oh wait you know me already I forgot sorry

Why they don't frequent pure science or astrophysics forums, instead of this one is beyond me.

You know what forums I'm on? You know me really really well! If I have identity theft I know who to turn toooooooo^^^

They (and most of the membership) know who these killjoys are.
(You'll recognize them easily as they are oft to mention the word 'Laws')

Anyway, welcome to ATS and i hope you'll have fun opening your mind to new and strange possibilities.
My mind is very open to new possibilities. I'm sorry to ruin your fun here at ats... When your wants for fantasticalism (made up word?) aren't quenched I see you get a little cranky, my apologize. It is good to have an open mind and strive to look outside the box and push for new limits. It is foolish to grasp at it in unfitting situations. Lets just agree to disargee =)

Do you have any more information about spirals? or anything to add to this thread? or are you just going to talk to me (how flattering.) Next time send it in a U2U!

Alas there is nothing I can do but keep watching the speculation take place. I don't think the defacing of art was used for some sort of disclosure in this sense. The art is about the annunciation. That is what it was drawn for. I will retract my statement if someone has a virgin birth in Norway.

The continuous denial of evidence (both MSM and Science) is painful. (not saying you should listen to the MSM circus show) The uninformed speculation and constant fulfillment of Pareidolia is typical especially in such a magnificent display such as this one.

I guess thats all you have -- wormholes, black holes, and inter-dimensional portals I have never seen before so I wouldn't know what they look like. Grasping the concept of a rocket high in orbit going out is a bit more feasible. The great light display had to do with the angle of the sun. (I got told on that right quick in the other thread)

Thanks

J

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ahh the only connection I can see is when I say "Jesus christ...."

thats a pun, a pun, I say a pun boy.. Your lips are flappin' but I hear no sounds, It's a pun, I say it's a pun, boy, a pun!!

Kids got no loops in his fruit, I rekon..

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
From viewing other pictures, of leaking fuel, this is definitely an instrument leaking fuel.

Nothing to suggest a UFO or a portal being created in our atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

just wondering if you know someone with photoshop, and if you could get them to do some cool stuff like this, unless you have photoshop yourself , then that would be awesome!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrybe
Assuming this photo is real:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Can someone please explain to me how a rocket can make several perfect spirals? Wouldn't we expect a rocket to move through the air, due to gravity, thrust, aerodynamics and wind, thus distorting any spiral? Shouldn't we expect a very messy, imperfect contrail, as we see below?

cache.gizmodo.com...

The Space time Fabric looks to have been disturbed perfectly , This spiral is on alot of Ancient Mounds in Ireland and France ,i saw them recently on History Channel , but more interesting , and close to home , Maori tattoos (New Zealand) , we regard this symbol as sacred , this exact pattern was tattooed on the face of Maori Warriors ,one spiral on each side of the face and shoulder tattoos , it is a sacred symbol to Maoris, .YOUTUBE LINK VIDEO TAKE NOTICE AT 40 secs !!
www.youtube.com... is the Link

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
From viewing other pictures, of leaking fuel, this is definitely an instrument leaking fuel.

It may indeed be a fuel leak....or a burner malfunction...

but here's my take on Why there is an apparent Spiral of the rocket exhaust.

A failed gyroscope was allowing the rocket to spin/rotate even as it was climbing... and the rather tight spiral suggests the whole rocket was turning a full rotation for every 1/4 mile it rose in altitude.

[If that was the actual case) I am amazed that with more than one thrust engine down and leaking fuel, the rocket could continue its near straight-up trajectory even while it was turning round-&-round creating a spiral exhaust plume in its wake.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

A friend of mine who is married to a Norwegian fella, and lives in the area, saw the whole thing. She told me that the blue cone that touched the ground came AFTER the spiral!! Soooo The plot thickens huh???

I know myself, after test firing a few missiles in northern Norway as a soldier.. Yes im a girly girl, but i too like blowing crap up
.. I say missiles lol, they were UK 94mm LAW, and 66mm LAW, that low temps have dramatic effects on missile trajectory, however they NEVER reproduced the same effect as the pics!! And after looking at pics of the Baluva, it does not have the tail finns to create that symmetrical spiral, even in its 3rd stage where the finns are similar to Tomahawk missiles????

So WTF is it????

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by itstheendoftheworldaswekn
The only spiral connection I could come up with is the 'Newgrange Megalithic Passage tomb'. This is in Meath in Ireland. Many of the stones around it have spiral imagery on them. This tomb is supposed to represent passageway to the afterlife.

The tomb was supposed to be built around 3200BC. Older than stonehenge and the pyramids. Maybe these guys knew what they were at?

Peace.

I was at Newgrange for the Summer Solstice this year, the spirals you speak of are referring to the "Trinity". There are 3 spirals within the symbols at Newgrange, it's more to do with Manannan and the "unholy trinity".

The reference to the afterlife is the Sun (in our Solar system) rising from its own death (lowest point in the sky). The whole "death and resurrection" thing in the bible is actually this.

That spiral has nothing to do what we seen in Norway mate

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
iN MY OPINION MISSILE OF SOME SORT.Look at the trail carefully,it looks like something out of control and spiraling allready.REACHES A PEAK,EXPLODES AND THE REMAINING IS THE VORTEX FROM THE SPIRALING.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I was just browsing when i saw thing image on wikipedia whilst searching apocalypse.
Apparently the portrate is suppose to represent "St. John at Patmos: the receiving of an apocalyptic vision".
Not saying it has to have anything in common with the spiral in the norwegian sky but it has some similar traits to the starter threads image.
Both the burts of light declining from the circle are both facing 135 degree true towards a person.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by yeahibelieve]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by yeahibelieve]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join