It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Phenomenon over NORWAY and Christian art...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by swiftfootedachilleus
reply to post by '___'omino

you laugh friend but i was thinking along the same lines ........

i was thinking of the star of Bethlehem ....was that not related to some event in the cosmos ?

and yes it would be more impressive if it appeared on its own but ?????

I'm sorry if I have offended you in some way

Possible hypothetical theories as to what the star of Bethlehem include
Halley's Comet
Uranus (barely visible to naked eye though)
a supernova or hypernova in nearby Andromeda Galaxy. (nearly impossible to prove)

I have never heard of a large spiral as the star you think the bible would indicate something like that (I don't even take stock in the bible for the record)

The 'spiral' in the art is most commonly referred to as a 'golden stain'

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I will say after googling the artist, the artist picture and the OP's do look a little different when it comes to the "spiral". Maybe a little photo shop. The OP's looks like a defined spiral, I did not see a "defined" spiral in the original artists print. More an eye of God looking down. Am i crazy?

www.artinthepicture.com...

Link to artists original picture.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
I will say after googling the artist, the artist picture and the OP's do look a little different when it comes to the "spiral". Maybe a little photo shop. The OP's looks like a defined spiral, I did not see a "defined" spiral in the original artists print. More an eye of God looking down. Am i crazy?

www.artinthepicture.com...

Link to artists original picture.

Indeed it does appear the picture the Op posted makes the white ripples more prominent in the painting. It seems less gold then what was originally done . . . strange

great catch though I didn't notice that

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

i'm not offende at all mate .....honest

i'm just takin it easy after a long day and reading all this stuff

the idea just sort of came to me .......it is a bizarre event to be sure

there could actually be a bizarre explanation too

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think the OP understands there is another thread, so it's okay to stop posting referrals there.

This thread is comparing a piece of art to the image on the other thread, in case anybody missed that.
(again).

Never seem so much rudeness on one thread EVER. It's absurd and undeserved.

It's an interesting, ligitimate painting, and an interesting similarity with the Norway photo.

Thanks for posting, OP.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree that this thread is showing a totally different angle of all of this then the original thread. No reason to keep referring to the other thread at all.

Very interesting indeed, the similarities.

Either the people in the time of mary were shooting rockets

Or the rocket story is just that...a story.

I dont buy the rocket thing for a second.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ok, let's take the OP idea a little further. How about this petroglyph:

www.sandcarveddesigns.com...

Or the Nasca geoglyphs

www.morien-institute.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Ok, let's take the OP idea a little further. How about this petroglyph:

www.sandcarveddesigns.com...

Or the Nasca geoglyphs

www.morien-institute.org...

The first one is a poorly done mock up of the real thing

Sort of funny actually, The symbol supports the emergence or migration theory. The squared "tail" may indicate the direction taken by the creator of the petroglyph or, perhaps the direction from which they came in their search for the "center."

In indian tribes the symbol is for Water

Other associations include solstice, migrations, whirlwinds, and water creatures

The second link doesn't work for me

This ought to tickle your fancy
azorion.tripod.com...

I'm seein spirals!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
in the christian art, the beam is going into a woman's head, so who was the blue beam pointing to in Norwegia?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
took a look at the page with more ancient spiral art, and suddenly, things are starting to make sense. Let's say it is a rocket... that does not hide the fact that a spiral was made in the sky. Signs can take many forms. We were shown a sign, no matter what the maker of the spiral was.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by Hemlocks

that photo looks very very fake much like something made in Photoshop

Most people would be intelligent enough to investigate the story first before declaring a hoax. This is NOT photoshop - there are hundreds of pictures and videos, and it has been picked up by major news stations around the world. Go to Google News and type in Norway sky. You fill find dozens of newspaper articles about this.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If you look closer to the christian drawing you can see that the mysterious UFO is shooting a beam like laser to the woman's forehead inside the house.

Kinda feels like Project Bluebeam is in action with this recent event in the sky.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
Gizmodo.com explains it best

gizmodo.com...

Nothing to see here (except for a sweet picture or two) move along

Good find, '___'omino!

I saw that vid on Giz yesterday and it made me smile.

Because even after reading the early thread where it was documented to be a rocket (the naval report someone posted) and that very easy to follow simulation vid, people will still want to find the "alternative" just because it's more interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
In the painting, there's a fallen apple. Usually, doesn't the fallen apple represent the fall of mankind?

Hopefully, the dots I'm connecting here are not headed into that direction.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The videos of this make it look pretty cool. There was a rocket due to be launched but it has not being confirmed as being the source of this image. Looking at the videos it does look unlightly to be a rocket misfire.

Regarding the artwork. The art shown here is slightly doctored. The picture is 'The Annunciation' by Carlo Crivelli. Look up the original and you will see the difference. In the original artwork it is a circular image but it is more heavenly and it is not spiral.

As I say the artwork presented here has been doctored. If you check it on an alien imagery site I'm sure it will be doctored too. Check it on a legimate art site and you will see the difference.

This thread is now pointless.

Peace.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by itstheendoftheworldaswekn]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
sorry people, just can't resist.....

but...when did obama land in norway?? could it be a sign, from God, that the messiah is arriving? or...maybe, the "messiah", has found a greener way to get around......

just kidding around, sorry, couldn't resist...

really some neat pictures there of the "rocket"....whatever it was...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
sorry people, just can't resist.....

but...when did obama land in norway?? could it be a sign, from God, that the messiah is arriving? or...maybe, the "messiah", has found a greener way to get around......

just kidding around, sorry, couldn't resist...

really some neat pictures there of the "rocket"....whatever it was...

I too said something like this in the Other Norway light thread.

But yeah, I'll just quote from there:

Funny, Obama just arrived in Norway to accept Nobel Peace Prize.

Not saying this is connected, but perhaps this was manmade in respect of the "Climate Summit" in Denmark. Making this planet a "better place."

I know, a bunch of BS but hey, worth a shot lol. (don't flame me, I wasn't being serious with this post, at all)

I'm sure there really is some toolbag out there who thinks it involves Obama's presence.

Either way, what the Norwegians witnessed was absolutely spectacular and of course beautiful. Man made or not, it's pretty impressive.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Hmmmmmm...... If the artists work has been doctored in some way, and the doctored version looks just like the Norway spiral, then isnt there a conspiracy here somewhere??

Just a thought.....

Edit because of lack of caffiene
[edit on 053131p://f20Thursday by Selahobed]

[edit on 053131p://f21Thursday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
actually i recall some other renaissance art that has spiral features in the sky-
let me take a look around and see what i find

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Odin's beard!

Clearly this is Loki's work!

Now for the really big questions:

1. Has this gotten any body a paid day off work yet? Anyone?

2. Has this enabled anyone to not have to pay their rent this month? Anyone?

Me thinks the Gods of this planet are crazy. No wonder so many people would love to get off this rock.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join