It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia seeks U.S. help in fight against heroin epidemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
CNN

(CNN) -- Russia's top drugs adviser has called on the United States to use its troop surge into Afghanistan to help stem the flow of drugs entering its borders, as heroin addiction reaches epidemic levels.

Last year the United Nations Office for Drugs and Crime (UNODC) estimated that Afghan poppy farmers earned around $730 million, making it a hugely lucrative cash crop.

Ivanov suggested the U.S. use herbicides to defoliate crops from the air rather, pointing out how successful this had been in eradicating crops used to produce coc aine in Colombia.

So, they are going to use toxic herbicides to try to stop an almost billion dollar operation.

The ebooks on this topic to download are numerous. Many well-referenced.

Politicians love to ignore toxicology, they send soldiers like disposable items to be exposed to nasty chemicals.

The Veterans Administration was half-honest in the past, funding peer reviewed research studies like Robert Becker's colloidal silver....... why the change?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Maybe the Russians would have had better help ,they should have asked the Colombians cartels instead after all the American Government is trying *cough* bollks *cough* to stem the flow of drugs from Afghanistan by protecting it aren't they?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Maybe the Russians would have had better help ,they should have asked the Colombians cartels instead after all the American Government is trying *cough* bollks *cough* to stem the flow of drugs from Afghanistan by protecting it aren't they?

I'm sorry for the short post, but... Say what?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Originally posted by DataWraith

I'm sorry for the short post, but... Say what?

I've heard the the US military is PROTECTING the opium farms in Afghanistan, so the Russians are asking the wrong people for help in eliminating it?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm sure Russia knows that. They are probably asking us to help as a way of putting diplomatic pressure on us about the issue without directly accusing us of helping the opium farmers.

Remember, it's a "secret" that the CIA is a drug dealer. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is eligible to be "disappeared."

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I'm sure Russia knows that. They are probably asking us to help as a way of putting diplomatic pressure on us about the issue without directly accusing us of helping the opium farmers.

Remember, it's a "secret" that the CIA is a drug dealer. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is eligible to be "disappeared."

Even if you don't see the CIA as a "drug dealer" along the iran-contra lines.

The spread of democracy in the middle east has let drug producers flourish. The once oppressive and harshly anti-drug political groups are being pushed aside by the US intervention. It's just a bad side effect to our "war on terror". Whether it's on purpose or not is up to debate i suppose. But the fact still remains that we are at fault for the influx in drugs.

top topics

join