It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bars EU lawmakers from entering Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Israel bars EU lawmakers from entering Gaza

news.xinhuanet.com

The Israeli army on Wednesday prevented a European parliamentary delegation from entering the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, the delegation said.

The delegation, which comprises nine lawmakers from several European Union (EU) states, had held contact with the Israeli authorities to facilitate their entry to Gaza.

"The visit was canceled three hours prior to the scheduled visit," the delegation said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
EU report says Israel illegally annexing east Jerusalem
Secret Israeli Defence Millitary database shows full extent of illegal settlements
East Jerusalem should be Palestinian capital, says EU draft paper
Israel angers U.S. by approving new West Bank homes

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Some highlights from the article:

The ban comes hours after the EU called on Israel and the Palestinians to negotiate on Jerusalem as the future capital of two states.

On Tuesday, Israeli daily The Jerusalem Post reported that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided to ban high-profile diplomats from entering Gaza because he believes such visits may grant legitimacy to Hamas which seized the coastal strip by force in 2007.

Is it any surprise the lawmakers were not allowed inside Gaza, after the damning EU report released earlier this week where EU report says Israel is illegally annexing east Jerusalem and still trying to cover up the Genocide it committed in Gaza in January.

How many more reports and studies are these (Western Govt.) guys going to do? It seems all they are doing is sending 1 report after another without taking any concrete steps to stop this illegal stealing of land and genocide committed by the apartheid Israel.Why have they not taken any concrete steps in this direction is any body's guess as is mine.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yeah and some zionists are still trying to claim that Israel wants peace and a palestinian state and that the only ones that want war is palestinians...

Get your heads out of your butts...

Hamas, in the beginning, was PEACEFUL. They were VOTED IN BY THE PEOPLE. Then the funding of the palestinians was withdrawn because of Hamas election... GREAT WAY TO PISS OFF PEOPLE ABOUT DEMOCRACY....

It's like saying that the world would have imposed crippling sanctions on the US after they voted for Obama... same thing... you think americans would have taken it with kindness?

Then Hamas had no choice but to turn violent to achieve their aim since using elections and trying peace only resulted in more suffering...

Israel doesn't want peace, the US doesn't want peace, the muslims extremists don't want peace and mostly the ARMS DEALERS don't want peace.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I hope everyone realizes how serious of an issue this is
This is huge, will this make mainstream news?

Even to pro-israeli govt.'ers couldn't defend this, no way in frozen hell

They never want the world to see how badly Gazans get treated

this is far beyond disgusting
star n flag!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Boy, as an American I sure wouldn't want Mexico regulating who came into my country.

If these are God's chosen people I don't want to meet him.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Really? Dead Thread already?
Because I haven't griped about Israel much today I'll keep try and keep it going:

This to me indicates an international crisis when a People is landlocked by Hostile and ILLEGITIMATE regimes of Benyamin and Mubarak. If Netanyahu wants to prevent actions based on "legitmacy" to Hamas, Israel has at that point become the modern equivalent to Nazi Germay. Like Hitler's soceity, Israel is controlling simple, non-criminal actions based on ideology.

Israel- No Freedom, No Justice, No Peace, A RACIST, HOSTILE, ILLEGITIMATE STATE.
Oppose it's products, services, and patronage.
Justice for Gaza!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

top topics

join