It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dulce Base, apparently discovered on googl earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is a coal fired power plant.

Just another case of people seeing whatever it is that they want to see.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

or maybe they built this plant above the actual base which is underground.

it's all about misdirection when it comes to black ops.

don't be so sure of yourselves.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Had the OP done about 5 minutes of googling he could have identified the "base" as the San Juan Generating Station, a coal fired plant owned by Public Service Company of New Mexico. It was built in the mid 70's. I worked constructing the plant as a carpenter's helper out of the Local Laborors Union hall #16. I worked every concrete pour for all the foundation work, and general construction on much of the above ground work.

There might be an alien base somewhere near Dulce, but this aint it.

The fans you see are cooling towers.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by RKWWWW]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Most likely to disguise it as a coal mining operation, aswell as to make a small amount of profit on the side by selling coal, ect. Who knows, maybe it is a coal mining operation. Perhaps the coal miners aren't aware of anything else?

Look. To be 100% honest, I do believe the base exists, but this isn't it. If it is as big as the wikipedia article says it is, you would need a lot more than 90 fans for ventilation.

As for it's power source, I read it operates from the Navajo River. The same article stated it's waste is also dumped into the same river. I tried to look if there was a maintenance booth, something along the river, but came up with no results. The only thing I came up with was the fact that the water did look a bit brown from the images. Then again, it is google earth. Not very dependable. The only way to prove or disprove this would be to take a water sample from the river and even that might not be enough to prove anything.

Short of going to the base, there is nothing that proves or disproves this bases existance. Not trying to be a downer here, but lets face the facts. The photos provided could be anything.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UziXxX

As for it's power source, I read it operates from the Navajo River. .

What do you mean by "it operates"? Are you are implying the exsistance of a hydro-generation plant on the Navajo river? The Navajo River is a "wild river". No dams.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The "ventilation fans" seen in the photos are mechanically induced draft cooling towers, commonly found at power plants.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The Base is supposed to be underground. It would be awesome if google earth had a overlay that showed where underground hollowed out areas and caves are.

It's about to get a whole lot more interesting... Looks like the Pentagon just tapped Google to do just that...www.wired.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
is there cordinates for this place...nice pics with the bing birds eye...i can't deny there is something with the large fans...almost looks like a big cooling chiller of some sort...but on the other hand why would you want to burn coal for power and then need to cool it off...that doesn't make any sense

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPGrocks
is there cordinates for this place...nice pics with the bing birds eye...i can't deny there is something with the large fans...almost looks like a big cooling chiller of some sort...but on the other hand why would you want to burn coal for power and then need to cool it off...that doesn't make any sense

It's a coal-fired power plant. To be specific, it's the San Juan Generating Station located in the North West corner of New Mexico. And yes, those are "big cooling chillers". ALL power plants that produce electricity from steam turbines have cooling towers to condense the steam.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
OK. I don't think that is part of the base. First of all because that coal mine is 71miles away from Ducle. And second of all they don't need coal to power stuff. In Thomas Castello's case he says everything is powered by magnetics. Even the light are powered by magnets, its advanced alien technology. Trust me they don't need coal. The only possible connection between this coal mine and the Ducle base is a possible entrance/tunnel to the base. But i don't know if they want a entrance that far away from the base.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

this cant be dulce base, the base is known to be under archuleta mesa north of dulce base

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yeah i cant say i believe this is linked to the base. While it is some 70 miles away, Los Alamos National Laboratory is almost 80 miles away from Dulce, and it's been rumored that the two are connected. So it could be an entrance / exit in theory but like i said, it just seems like your standard power plant. Plus like another person pointed out, if what they're doing there is true, coal would be about the last thing on their minds for a power source.

I hate being negative about stuff like this, i would love some hard evidence on this place. It's been bugging me for quite awhile now. Unfortunately things like google earth, etc are not reliable for finding this evidence. I used to sit awake for hours every night scouring GE for interesting things until i realized, if the govt wants to keep something secret, google earth is the last place you want to look. It'll be edited out quickly, or repatched like the site in Russia. However there is no evidence to prove or disprove it exists, it's a neutral topic. I myself do believe it exists. The western states of New Mexico / Colorado are prime areas for hiding something you don't want known to the public. That's why A51 and several other places of interest exist here. Its sparsely populated. If i had to pick one of my top interest points, it would be Los Alamos National Laboratory. I think there is far more going on there than we know / think about..

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slarbiter
reply to post by infinite

this cant be dulce base, the base is known to be under archuleta mesa north of dulce base

Actually, its known more to just be in peoples imaginations.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I suggest looking into known underground bases before you discredit the possibility of what secret bases might be used for. The Earths crust has no bearing on an advanced structure built deep under ground... just make sure that its not directly on a fault line and dont go deeper than a certain depth. Thats one of the reasons that the mesa above Dulce is the perfect place. If it were linked to Los Alamos, like people has claimed, then there wouldnt necessarily have to be activity on the surface directly above it.

Dulce is a fun investigation... theres hasnt been any solid proof to debunk it, in my opinion, so let the investigation continue.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VtaUFO
Dulce is a fun investigation... theres hasnt been any solid proof to debunk it, in my opinion, so let the investigation continue.

There is nothing at all to say there is anything to debunk

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That is in fact a coal-fired power plant, currently owned and operated by Babcock & Wilcox Co.

The address is:
Hwy 64 County Rd 6800, NM

And the phone number is:
(505) 598-9510

The large fans to the north of the power plant are intake fans which are used to feed large amounts of air into the boilers. This is necessary to get the coal to burn hot enough to generate steam for power.

The smaller banks of fans to the south are cooling or exhaust fans.

I don't see anything here that would indicate an underground military facility. The biggest tell-tale sign is the lack of communication and relay towers. No communication usually means no base.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join