It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a mobile phone - and kept it!!.... Am I a bad person???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, it's a deactivated phone for 1.

For 2 someone lost it.

Whether or not you keep it, is up to you. I would say keep it. But I am evil. If you want you could try and return the phone to whoever had it. But it might be the phone of a pedophile serial killer, you just don't know.

Maybe, try and find out if they got a new phone, call some of the numbers in the phone. If no one answers or they say he has a new phone then it's your phone from then on. Otherwise, if he wants the phone back give it to him and let it be at that.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey I think I found out who owns that phone!!!

Anyone with any clairvoyant skills here? I need help finding my cell phone

Ya might want to check with kresh7 see if he is the owner of that phone there Now_Then.

Wouldn't that be weird?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I will answer it this way....

What you did was bad, that is that action or inaction was bad.

That does not mean you are a bad person, just you "DID" do something bad.

Did you know that if you were to turn in the phone into the phone plan location, they can identify the rightful owner and contact them.

That would be the good/moral thing to do.

Lastly-bag like them or are you going to be a good person and turn it in???

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You should attempt to return it.

I found a cell phone on the side of the road, and returned it to the fellow who lost it (a retired undertaker turned trucker) Got a free 25 dollar gift card to a good restraurant. A fair trade, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It would make you a bad person if the person was dirt poor grew up in doing small odd jobs working all his life to afford a small phone for a couple of dollars. You see the reason why he needed this phone is because his father lived far away and he wanted to call his dad and tell him that he loved him, and he wanted to care for him because of his recent bout with terminal cancer. The only thing was he did not know the exact address where his father lived quite yet and was going to ask next time he called him up using his little mobile phone he saved up for so long to buy. Knowing what part of town his father lived, he thought he would surprise him, so he started walking. Walking for days on end he finally arrived to the part of town his dying father was resting. He picked up the phone and was going to call his father up when all of a sudden he broke up into tears and sobbed and sobbed, got so upset lost control and went delirious and dropped his phone without realizing it. Walking a short distance away trying to get a grip, YOU WALK UP AND TAKE HIS PHONE.

And the person never got to call his dad.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would try to return it. It doesn't matter what others have done for you, it is your actions that count for you.

You never ever know the circumstances surrounding something. it could of been a gift.

Someone stole a leather jacket from my husband. it was his deceased brothe'rs favorite jacket. It is still a painful loss. Yet it was just a jacket.

That person may have children and end up stuck on the road without a phone.

Do the right thing. Give it back.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i think that doing this makes you a bit of a bad person.

not good if you believe in karma.

This phone could have been a gift from a loved one who doesnt have much money. i know i would be upset if i lost something like that.:shk:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I lost my phone once and someone rang me back and gave it to me, I felt lucky and very greatful about it. I did not know I had lost the phone at the time but am glad I did not have to buy another and retrace all the numbers again.

If you want to make someone's day then please do, but check you give it back to the right person and not someone else who may scam their friend out of their own phone.

You will feel better by giving it back than actually keeping it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You're only a bad person if I'm the one that lost it.
Where did you find it?

I hope you at least made an effort to find the person.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The question to me is not whether we think you are a bad person, it is, do YOU think you are a bad person?

Was your reason for keeping it noble? Was it a greedy reason? Do you need it more than the person who lost it? Only you can answer those questions...

So, do you think you are a bad person for keeping it?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well I will add I have lost several phones under similar circumstances, and never heard anything back

So? Pay it forward...try and contact the owner, or someone in his/her contacts, and try and get the phone back to them.

Think of it this way....if he/she doesn't get the phone back, then you are creating just one more person with the same attitude as in the quote above. Why do that, when only a little bit of effort can make the world a better place? Even if for one person.

Only a suggestion, but often, we get back what we put out there....so try and put something good out there....

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you're in America why not post it on Craigs List under lost/found? Chances are no body will claim it and then you can have a clear conscience and move on.

At least you gave it a shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join