It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Yup that pretty much covers it.
Like this for example:

Reports of UFOs skyrocketed last weekend along the east coast of the US after a NASA launched an experiment to study an unusual phenomenon called noctilucent clouds, or ‘night shining’ clouds.

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Don't the russians have two contradictions to what they say.

Telling the public that their is going to be a rocket test in 4 days and later said that the spiral wasn't a test... ? and later said it was

Yes they do.

Then admitted here

www.google.com...

Denied here

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No one is paying any attention to the most recent, similar event from russia, which is relevant to this. Posted a few pages back.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A few questions are getting ignored quite frequently on this thread.

Without flight telemetry info it is impossible to say if this is the real explanation, as I've asked before as well is is there enough propellant in the rocket engine to produce this effect at the distances we are all assuming it to be?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We are shooting #ing missles at #ing aliens trying to make contact, plain as day. My god what are we doing.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenTheLine
We are shooting #ing missles at #ing aliens trying to make contact, plain as day. My god what are we doing.

If you're not going to take this seriously you can go and stand outside in the corridor!

link   
The answer to your question is absolutely 100% no fricken way.

The President of the United States would not be within 2000 miles of a Russian missile test, especially when the Nobel Peace prized was being given.

Originally posted by oneangrymonk
why would Norway and US Secret Service, on the eve of the Nobel Prize ceremony, be okay with Russian Missile testing?

Why would Russia notify Norway about their plans and then deny the launch at first?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Realtruth]

link   
reply to post by Rikhart

I just saw that video, very interesting to say the least. You don't just throw rockets out like this, especially when you considered how long it takes between each test.

It seems that our UFO friends are determined to make themselves known. I can only wish that they'll show their ships soon.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Blender

Yup that pretty much covers it.
Like this for example:

Reports of UFOs skyrocketed last weekend along the east coast of the US after a NASA launched an experiment to study an unusual phenomenon called noctilucent clouds, or ‘night shining’ clouds.

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

"Saturday night’s rocket experiment lifted off at 7:46 p.m. EDT (2346 GMT) from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility on Wallops Island, Va"

" It created a bright object with a fan-shaped tail, prompting calls of concern from residents in Virginia and Massachusetts to local authorities"

Virginia and its nextdoor neighbor Massachussetts are hardly 700 miles apart. Why no reports from Indiana, Kentuky, Ohio, New York, etc.?

With all the ballistics testing that the military does, according to your theory, these "UFO" reports caused by mundane military operations would happen nightly across the country.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That clip was made yesterday, before any of the official statements were released.

And to answer a question from last page, it only lasted a few minutes, not 10 minutes or more.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman

We are shooting #ing missiles at #ing aliens trying to make contact, plain as day. My god what are we doing.

If you're not going to take this seriously you can go and stand outside in the corridor!

Honestly that is what i think is happening, but i couldn't help but add a little comedy to it. It just so silly and sad at the same time. that spiraling towards the end, that was the end stage of an ANTI AIR missile, that wasn't a missile spiraling away... that was a missile spiraling after something spiraling... like a zero G craft.

Cannot believe this is has not been brought up...

Not an ICBM, but an anti aircraft missile.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would like to step back from the missile/not debate a minute and examine the assumption this was a failed attempt,etc.Why failed anyway,why and who says?That would be a clue if there were a cover story being woven over an actual unexplained phenom.

And a beautiful thing it is.My favorite color of turquoise or aqua in the tail.I would call it a work of Art not Craft as it immediately strikes emotional response.A 'perfect' spiral(although I did not personally mike it...),breathtaking wonder,primordial sign.

What would our ancestors say!?!We can hardly believe it really happened,it's cracking the dominant paradigm of right brained reductionist mental cogitation.

So what is the message?A spiral with a hole appearing right in the center.I get a feeling there is an obeying of LAWS in this formation,like physical ones,but something more.Is this area one of those intersections of the Earth and thehyperdimensional tesserect(sp?)?I am comforted by the apparent center of the spiral being where the hole appeared and not off c'tr.

Back to men arguing over missiles.And women I know...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This has to make you remember Roswell in a way.
On the first day everyone thought it was a UFO, on the second they said it was a weather balloon.
Now everyone thought this was a UFO but they expect us tp believe it was a Russian rocket?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman

We are shooting #ing missiles at #ing aliens trying to make contact, plain as day. My god what are we doing.

Honestly that is what i think is happening, but i couldn't help but add a little comedy to it. It just so silly and sad at the same time. that spiraling towards the end, that was the end stage of an ANTI AIR missile, that wasn't a missile spiraling away... that was a missile spiraling after something spiraling... like a zero G craft.

Cannot believe this is has not been brought up...

Not an ICBM, but an anti aircraft missile.

Interesting theory guy!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Blender]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You going to bother to respond to the questions about how much propellant would be needed to produce this effect if it is as big in scale as everyone assumes?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
How would you evade a weapons system that was bound by the laws of gravity.... think. The guys in that craft sure were.

p.s. If you are listening, not all of us want to keep you away.

link   

Posted by themuse, on December 10, 2009 at 09:37 GMT
Originally posted by hey1212
Originally posted by serbsta
Originally posted by hey1212
"The picture was taken with a tripod and long shutter speed." Photo: Jan Petter Jørgensen [edit on 9/12/09 by hey1212]

If it was taken with long shutter speed is there any way of knowing what it would have looked like as a normal shot? I suppose that explains the almost fake-looking 'spirals'.
Originally posted by Chadwickus reply to post by hey1212 Nice work there mate. I had a feeling that had to be a long exposure.

Not even sure what it means. I was reading your posts earlier then noticed this so just pointed it out.

Imjust reposting this incase it incites any questions
Basically the image photogs other slow shutter speed shots after the gorgeous spiral one is what im looking for....

Original post below from earlier in thread when everyone was a sleep I think!

Haudi hey1212 & my neighbour Chadwickus and all Awesome contributers here today.

Firstly I just have to express my total NOT FAIR!!! ! that i didnt get to shoot it.!! *has a small cry to herself* Stunning Shot by some one else...

AND Mint Mint mintness this is totally MINT!!

*recovers from tatrum*

But seriously now,

As a photographer i also agreed with Chad with the long exposure likely, which has now been added as fact thanks to Hey1212.

If the whole thing did last only a minute or so well then I have these questions......
Wasnt he in the right place at the right time???? More on that further down.

Where are his following shots???
ie the not soo pretty ones he may not have published such as the black hole expanding. --- no one with a tripod on a mission takes one image

link   

Originally posted by mrlondon
reply to post by Phage

You going to bother to respond to the questions about how much propellant would be needed to produce this effect if it is as big in scale as everyone assumes?

It seems that a few of us here only like to respond to questions that we can come up with an answer to that fits our opinions.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Blender]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Good point my friend.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
sorry if this is a double post, but here is the news from space.com...

By Clara Moskowitz
Staff Writer
posted: 10 December 2009
11:28 a.m. ET

"A spectacular spiral light show in the sky above Norway Wednesday was caused by a Russian missile that failed just after launch, according to Russia's defense ministry.

When the rocket motor spun out of control, it likely created the heavenly spiral of white light near where the missile was launched from a submarine in the White Sea. The Russian defense ministry confirmed to the Itar-Tass news agency that a Bulava ballistic missile test had failed.

"This cloud was very spectacular, and when we looked at the videos people submitted to the media, we quickly concluded that it looked like a rocket or missile out of control, thus the spiraling effect," Paal Brekke, a senior advisor at the Norwegian Space Centre in Oslo, told SPACE.com. "I think this is the first time we have seen such a display from a launch failure."

The phenomenon was seen by people all over northern Norway.

"It was a fairly stunning display, and we were really surprised to see it so well observed," Brekke said.

Viewers described an eerie white cloud with a piercing blue-green beam coming out of it.

"It consisted initially of a green beam of light similar in color to the aurora with a mysterious rotating spiral at one end," Nick Banbury of Harstad, Norway told Spaceweather.com. "This spiral then got bigger and bigger until it turned into a huge halo in the sky with the green beam extending down to Earth."

Banbury said he saw the lights on his way to work between 7:50 and 8:00 a.m. local time, or 1:50 and 2:00 a.m. EST (0650 and 7000 GMT).

"We are used to seeing lots of auroras here in Norway, but this was different," he said.

Before the missile test was confirmed, many people suggested the bright light pattern might have been a UFO. Russia finally admitted to the accident, which is an embarrassing mishap for a rocket that had already failed six of 13 previous tests, according to the BBC.

The Bulava missile is designed to carry six individually targeted nuclear warheads over a range of 6,200 miles (10,000 km), the BBC reported."

[edit on 10/12/09 by spender]

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join