It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Again I'll ask the same question - if the missile was launched EAST towards Kamchatka, from the white sea why is it visible over Norway 700 miles to the WEST?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Norway photo...

Other Missile Photos...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
reply to post by Point of No Return

Debunk?... Nope... I actually thought if someone had visual proof that there were similar incidents with missiles in the past it would be obvious that this was a missile that happened in Norway.

Wig Wag Contrail - Definitely a missile
Blue Light Afterward - Definitely a missile
Spiral - Definitely a missile
There were even fishermen from a news source on one of my past posts that said that they actually saw parts of the missile go down in the water.

Then on top of it all... Russia declared two or three days advance that there was going to be missile tests in that area.

Also... The dark hole was explained earlier that it was just an optical illusion that all you were seeing was the dark sky.

I think that's about it in a nut shell... Now where is your proof to debunk to "NO MISSILE" theory?

Or are you a friend of the OP and just want this thread to go on forever in order to get points?

Seriously, what do you care what we believe?
If youre so convinced that the mystery has been solved, then what are you still doing in the thread.
Trust me, we dont need saving.
Us wacky tinhats are perfectly happy discussing different theories amongst ourselves.
Of course discussion by all is welcomed but we know how to google and we know where to find those videos and that awesome simulation, it doesnt need to be re-posted once a page.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't the russians have two contradictions to what they say.

Telling the public that their is going to be a rocket test in 4 days and later said that the spiral wasn't a test... ? and later said it was

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
this "standard russian rocket malfunction" story sounds like absolute BS to me.

they said they knew nothing about it and now suddenly they are saying it was one of their rockets?

And don't forget they also apparently informed Norway they'd be testing

Someone needs to get their story straight!

Just saw a Norweigen military person being interviewed on Russia Today and he said they don't know what caused the phenomena and what they do know about it is restricted information. The plot thickens.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Lol, how convenient, did you forget to post the actual spiral next to those pics.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
With the mention of a close by HARP. I found it fascinating that this occurs the day before the US are hit by snow blizzards.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
reply to post by Point of No Return

Debunk?... Nope... I actually thought if someone had visual proof that there were similar incidents with missiles in the past it would be obvious that this was a missile that happened in Norway.

Wig Wag Contrail - Definitely a missile
Blue Light Afterward - Definitely a missile
Spiral - Definitely a missile
There were even fishermen from a news source on one of my past posts that said that they actually saw parts of the missile go down in the water.

Then on top of it all... Russia declared two or three days advance that there was going to be missile tests in that area.

Also... The dark hole was explained earlier that it was just an optical illusion that all you were seeing was the dark sky.

I think that's about it in a nut shell... Now where is your proof to debunk to "NO MISSILE" theory?

Or are you a friend of the OP and just want this thread to go on forever in order to get points?

Very good summary. I'm honestly having a difficult time understanding why people can't accept that this is nothing more than a failed missle launch. Are we so desperate for proof that aliens exist that we are willing to abandon all skepticism and reasonable doubt? That is a very dangerous state of mind to be in my friends. Desperate minds are easily manipulated.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mrlondon

Because it was in the sky and the world is round.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneangrymonk
why would Norway and US Secret Service, on the eve of the Nobel Prize ceremony, be okay with Russian Missile testing?

Why would Russia notify Norway about their plans and then deny the launch at first?

The failed rocket launch happened early Wednesday morning, December 9. The eve of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is TODAY, the ceremony is always held December 10.

President Obama was not even in Norway yesterday, he arrived here 08.15 this morning.

Regarding why Russia would notify Norway about their plans to do a rocket launch, it would be rather difficult to keep a launch secret anyway. They are being done quite frequently, and it's not like the defence here in Norway wouldn't notice the launches if Russia just didn't say anything.

But it is a different matter to go public about every missile test being done, I assume the Russian military operates on a "need to know" basis and don't exactly alert the press about every missile test they do, failed or not.

This is a translation from a passage in a report in the Norwegian newspaper "Nordlys" about the failed launch in Kvitsjøen, as you can see the Norwegian defence is well aware of the activity there:

" - To us it is quite normal that testing of missiles and experiments are being done in this area. The special thing was that this event was very visible, which probably means that it was a launch that did not go as planned, says senior spokesman John Espen Lien at the Operative Head Quarter of Defence in Bodø."

www.an.no...

[edit on 10/12/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baldric
With the mention of a close by HARP. I found it fascinating that this occurs the day before the US are hit by snow blizzards.

Yea, I can see why you would think that, but I live in Nebraska and we knew a week ahead of time that we were going to be hit with a storm.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Because someone had to say something and Russia was given the honors because they were the best choice, to be honest.
They may not have liked it but it had to be them.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by mrlondon

Because it was in the sky and the world is round.

Ok, so anyone within a 700 mile radius should see every single test done in the upper atmosphere, because the world is round. Good explination! Cheers!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LMAO.... I almost fell off my chair after I read that one!

2nd line...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baldric

hahaha.... you don't think that the blizzard has anything to do with the fact that we're in the middle of Winter? That's beautiful man... keep on pondering.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Can someone confirm this as a 10+ minute event (witnesses claim it swirled for more than 10 minutes; reported early yesterday) or was it just a minute or two?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrlondon
Again I'll ask the same question - if the missile was launched EAST towards Kamchatka, from the white sea why is it visible over Norway 700 miles to the WEST?

Anyone? No? Ok.

Why the initial denial by Norweigan and Russian military?

Anyone? No? Ok.

Why no other rocket trails look ANYTHING like this spiral.

Anyone? No? Ok.

Yep, I guess it was a rocket.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Personally... I thought I was showing evidence to support my end of the debate.

I didn't realize that I was supposed to just blindly follow the popular belief of what everyone believes in... Or, if I disagree... I'm just supposed to leave the thread alone.

Interesting... Fair enough. I guess since you feel that since I don't support your theory I should just leave this thread. Good enough for me.

link   
reply to post by Phage

sorry what do you mean? I'm looking on a globe and to have a flight path headed for Kamchatka the missile would be launched in a North-North-East trajectory from the White Sea launch site.

If this is what we are looking at in the footage then it would put the missile about 700 miles away from where it was viewed and the spiral of exhaust would have to be a few hundred miles in diameter at the least, is there enough propellant in the engine stages to produce such a massive effect?

link   
reply to post by Blender

Yeah, seems like a horrible explanation to me. Even if it's round, it should still be heading East all the way.

Or perhaps he was being sarcastic?

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join