It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Considering its a new design that's being tested, perhaps they are testing a faster design than normal rockets... which may be why they are having problems stabilizing it...

Perhaps, it did exactly as you said and "escaped" our orbit!

You probably know more than me about this Jim (I know more about things entering our atmosphere, rather than leaving it)... is it possible that they were going at this high velocity, and experimenting with re-directing the missile so that, instead of leaving, it was now headed back down into the atmosphere again? It sounds like they're having problems making it change direction, basically, and in this case it just ended up in a tumble/spin.

Actulay, chudster, that's pretty close to what i've been reading. In response to possible US anti-missile systems that could strike from the sea or air (over int'l waters) or space, the Russians have explicityly said they are developing fast-burn ICBMs that can go from launch to injection in less than half the normal time (now 6-7 minutes).

It's just they never need to wind up any faster than about 6-7 km/sec (8 km/sec is orbital velocity). They just get TO that speed sooner, before 'enemy' (US) weapons can lock on and reach them.

I don't think the Bulava is one of those fast-burners, but I suspect it does have anti-tracking systems in its third stage, and my intuition is that such systems -- rather than an out-of-control tumble -- created the double-spiral.

I consider the cause of the spiral to be a rocket launch, fer shoor, but exactly what PART of the launching, I'm not ready to decide. Some objections raised here strike me as not without merit. I'm resisting an urge to 'explain away' something that I really think IS prosaic -- I get accused of too-quick 'explain-aways' a lot, maybe i'm getting oversensitive.

It really could be the tumbling. My problem is, launches that turned out to be successful often sometimes made spirals.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Great find JimOberg

that video might be the smoking gun! That video might be the failed rocket that Russia is claiming. If so then it would surely prove that the OP find had nothing to do with the supposed missile launch and is its own stand alone event. Looking at all the spiral videos and pictures. I'm honestly leaning towards the unknown rather then the conventional media fed answers.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
why would Norway and US Secret Service, on the eve of the Nobel Prize ceremony, be okay with Russian Missile testing?

Why would Russia notify Norway about their plans and then deny the launch at first?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by '___'omino

Remember in cold war the americans and europeans would test stuff and just say its the russians. the same goes today.

I don't remember that. Hit me on the side of my head to jog my memory.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sorry doesn't match the event in norway.

What makes you say that?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This will be my last reply in this thread.
Let the circus continue!

www.universetoday.com...

You all are smear artists for deny logic

[edit on 10-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sorry doesn't match the event in norway.

What makes you say that?

It was 36 hours later. The connection could be in the nature of the activity.

I really don't know where these speculations will lead, and it very likely is a coincidence, but the sooner any potentially relevant info gets out, the better. Holding something back because of the chance it might strengthens somebody ELSE's point of view is self-defeating, and just plain unfair.

Can somebody go dig into weather records from yesterday along the 'normal' ICBM early ground track to determine cloud cover, and whether we should search local periodicals for eyewitness accounts from off to the side of the plume (instead of nearly directly behind it).

Arkhangelsk, for example.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneangrymonk

Why would Russia notify Norway about their plans and then deny the launch at first?

This is what I have been asking, can't seem to get an answer, or even a guess from anyone.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneangrymonk
why would Norway and US Secret Service, on the eve of the Nobel Prize ceremony, be okay with Russian Missile testing?

exactly, does not seem right. Smoke and mirrors, and someone knows, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, Im not 100% convinced that it was a missile but thats as close as were ever going to get to an explanation, regardless of how long it took for someone to finally come out and make some sort of statement, they had to get their stories straight first.
Its as if "they" were arguing behind closed doors to determine who would have to tell the story that something of theirs failed.
They all knew that something had to be said for a cover up and apparently Russia drew the short straw.
So after many rounds of rock, paper, scissors, it was decided that they would offer up the explanation and be forced to take one in their pride by stating that one of their high-tech missiles had a malfunction, made a perfect spiral and at the end, it "self destructed" by collapsing space around it and forming a portal that resembled a void of blackness, blacker than the darkness around it and then it entered the portal and blew up 10,000 years ago.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm not entirely convinced that this was a missile test gone awry. This video...

www.vgtv.no...

...is definately not a rocket or missile! The behavioural characteristics belie a metalic object with considerable mass. The way the center turns black and expands towards the circumference equally negates a rocket or missile explosion.

My first consideration was a laser beam being focused upon the lower cloud base, or a light projection of some kind. One thing I would say is certain is that it is man-made, perhaps part of a film's special effect, or similar. I know some have attributed it to a test run for Project Bluebeam, but such tests for such a conspiracy being seen, would negate the actual event when they try to use it for real.

In this video...

www.vgtv.no...

...you can see a beam from the lower right tracing up to the cloud base. Indeed, the camera operator trains the camera onto the hillside behind the trees where the light beam seems to be emanating from. There are also lights across the top of the picture, seemingly refracting beams towards the 'phenomenon', but I would suggest that these are street lights?

Someone is having a laugh at our expense and speculations...nothing more.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Rocket Launch put on Youtube back in February:

Compare the above video to this picture of a rocket launch...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/173cda16f912.jpg[/atsimg]
Simulation of the spiral:

Hmmmm... doesn't it look similar to this?

Now compare the above to the Norway lights... Notice anything?

Souce of Pictures below with explanation that it's a rocket launch
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3235ed8082f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f27fc5514868.jpg[/atsimg]

Never assume the truth... look for the truth!

[edit on 12/10/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

None of those pics and vids look anything like the spiral in Norway.(except the simulation)

Are you sure you are not debunking the rocket claim?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Notice how every rocket launch video you will find, the trail behind the rocket is squiggly, like a contrail. Take a close look at the Norway photos. The lines in the spiral are absolutley perfect, and do not distort and fade out, they vanish from the center outward within a couple secconds.

It baffles me that so many of you are buying the rocket excuse. It makes me question the most adamant amoung the "it was a rocket" folks motives.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Blender]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Blender]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
New "rocket-UFO video" (???) from Russia, today.

This would be easy to explain as a Plesetsk rocket, but if so it’s going backwards. A puzzle.

Probably has no connection with the Norway-Bulava spiral, but who can say…?

Chelyabinsk views rocket-looking light show, but moving right-to-left.
www.youtube.com...

Comments say it was observed over a wide area including
Yekaterinburg, Yoburg, Lesniy, and Kurgan. Approx 17:43 local time

Story and photo here: lenta.ru...

Search on Челябинск НЛО

The plot thickens. And by the way, THAT should have been visible (I mean the conical shape) at least in some of the photos/vids of yesterdays event, IF it was a rocket. Witnesses spread a huge area of norway, dont tell me they were all from the exact same viewing angle?

Interesting vid, anyone speak russian??

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Debunk?... Nope... I actually thought if someone had visual proof that there were similar incidents with missiles in the past it would be obvious that this was a missile that happened in Norway.

Wig Wag Contrail - Definitely a missile
Blue Light Afterward - Definitely a missile
Spiral - Definitely a missile
There were even fishermen from a news source on one of my past posts that said that they actually saw parts of the missile go down in the water.

Then on top of it all... Russia declared two or three days advance that there was going to be missile tests in that area.

Also... The dark hole was explained earlier that it was just an optical illusion that all you were seeing was the dark sky.

I think that's about it in a nut shell... Now where is your proof to debunk to "NO MISSILE" theory?

Or are you a friend of the OP and just want this thread to go on forever in order to get points?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No and they will continue posting the same past rocket launches AND that simulated spiral that someone rushed to make ASAP last night.
Some people on here will make it a personal quest to try and make you accept the "official"
Some will even become obsessed with spreading the "truth"

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
this "standard russian rocket malfunction" story sounds like absolute BS to me.

they said they knew nothing about it and now suddenly they are saying it was one of their rockets?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

You are blind if you think the the spiral in Norway looks anything like those rockettrails you posted.

Crazy.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx

Debunk?... Nope... I actually thought if someone had visual proof that there were similar incidents with missiles in the past it would be obvious that this was a missile that happened in Norway.

Wig Wag Contrail - Definitely a missile
Blue Light Afterward - Definitely a missile
Spiral - Definitely a missile
There were even fishermen from a news source on one of my past posts that said that they actually saw parts of the missile go down in the water.

Then on top of it all... Russia declared two or three days advance that there was going to be missile tests in that area.

The only similaritys between what happened in Norway, and the rocket footage that you are showing, is that they are both in the sky. Look at the trail behind your first rocket video above. Does that look like the "trail" in Norway? If it does, you need to get your eyes checked.

"Then on top of it all... Russia declared two or three days advance that there was going to be missile tests in that area"

Really? Than why the confusion when this happened? Both militarys would have known about this, and it seems to me that the Norweigan military would have said, right away, that it was nothing to worry about, it was a Russian missile test. Alas, they BOTH denied having any knowlege of a rocket test, until they decided that thats what needed to be said.

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join