It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

That statement seems to suggest that the most likely explanation is not necessarily the one we should take?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Has this been posted before?

Umm why is this being ignored ? Granted I have no idea what that guys is saying but that event looks allot like this one and I don't think the Russians were in on that one also
Or has this been proven a hoax ?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sorry all, I'm not buying the "failed rocket launch" explanation either.

Watch the videos posted on YouTube and tell me how is it possible that:

1. The rocket could malfunction in such a way that a perfect spiral is created, spinning exactly from the center? Where have we ever seen a failed rocket launch do anything remotely like this in the past? There are no photographs, no videos, nothing that exists before now of this kind of phenomenon

2. How can you explain the spiral collapsing from the center, expanding outward in a perfect circle (the black hole effect)?

I say again, where has a rocket launch, missile launch or any kind of launch ever produced such a phenomenon before?

And let me ask this question to those who readily accept the rocket explanation - why are you so ready to accept that explanation? Is it because it the explanation that best fits, even though common sense and watching the videos should be casting doubt in your mind about all of these explanations that people are coming up with to try and make this thing "go away".

Myself, my avatar says it all. I came to ATS seeking answers on the UFO/ET question. What I learned is that there are far more hoaxes and things that CAN be explained caught on film than there are what I would call genuine UFO sightings.

But when something like this comes along, something that truly boggles the mind, how can you be so ready and willing to dismiss it and go on with life unless you aren't really ready to accept the fact that we may not be alone out there, or even, that our limited knowledge of science in this physical world does not have all the answers?

My personal conclusion? I don't believe that the spiral is the result of a vapor trail from a rocket or missle. To me, that's a half-baked, half-assed explanation if I ever heard one. I would be much more likely to believe that this is was the visual result of a scientific experiment conducted by Russia or someone over that way. What if people here on Earth are experimenting with opening wormholes using a rocket? Wormholes have been proven mathematically to exist. They are known as Schwarzchild Wormholes or Einstein-Rosen Bridges (en.wikipedia.org...). What if someone on Earth is experimenting with special relativity?

I'm much more ready to accept that as an explanation than some half-assed rocket/missle explanation.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
possible a black hole?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by 2Unknown]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

It's being ignored because it's a video of a rocket failure and it looks just like the one from Norway and people around here appear to be reluctant to embrace the truth when it doesn't pan out the way they hoped.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
WAIT WAIT WAIT

I want everyone: Missile people, Ufo people, HAARP people, EISCATS people, and LHC people to all quiet down for one second and explain the picture from Finland from a couple of days ago showing the exact same phenomena.

Here come the hoaxers.

So you post a story and picture about the exact thing happening in Finland a couple of days before the event in Norway and you can't provide a single link to backup it up? Funny how in all the news articles about this yesterday nobody mentioned that this also happened in Finland just a couple of days before. You would think that someone would bring that up.

link   
I'm sorry, but to think that those effects could have been caused justly by a failed missile attempt that didn't fail until it's 3rd stage.......

I call ass hockey.

link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

yup you sure did.

You just beat me to the punch. Anyway, I'm quite interested in the last video that was posted. The phenomena does seem to be almost identical. What I'm wondering is that if this was really a rocket, what where they trying to achieve and did they succeed? Guess only time will tell.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman

Originally posted by Kaworu

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by infinite

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fdd851dfebb.jpg[/atsimg]

I call hoax on this picture. No one has realized that the image reflected on the water docent match what is shown in the sky.

Except perhaps the page before where I realized it?

IF.... IF that was real then it would look more like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cb12129601a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Enough of that nonsense... Russian Department of Defense confirmed a failed test launch of the Bulava missile in that area, and you guys keep saying it wasn't a missile...

ru.reuters.com...

Third stage failed and lost control...

Here's a clip from Russian TV:

www.rosbalt.ru...

[edit on 10-12-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
These missiles are capable of reaching 1000 km altitude in 3 minutes.

I don't know how.

Assuming a straight up launch -- which ICBMs never use -- it could reach that altitude in that time only by maintaining about 6 G's accel (not impossible) but then would have a speed of 18,000 meters/sec,
well in excess of escape velocity -- it would never hit the Earth anywhere.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

And another.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Witch hunting at its best.
No, someone else posted it and I re-posted it because I didn't get an explanation. If it is a hoax, it is a hoax. I was just asking a question. Which I have a right to.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Notice that the pyramid is only 3 sided and looks EXACTLY like the one in the crop circle here.

i37.tinypic.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Enough of that nonsense... Russian Department of Defense confirmed a failed test launch of the Bulava missile in that area, and you guys keep saying it wasn't a missile...

ru.reuters.com...

www.rosbalt.ru...

Dont believe anything you hear from such military claims they always cover up things if such events like those happen.

Tell me why are you believing the media? also norway doesn't allow russians subs to roam freely.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
youtubes of an Bulava missile lunch.

There claims debunked.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

ru.reuters.com...

www.rosbalt.ru...

so your saying it "lost control" in a perfect blue spiral that then turned into a perfectly huge white spiral that then imploded into a big black hole that was a perfect circle?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

1. The rocket could malfunction in such a way that a perfect spiral is created, spinning exactly from the center? Where have we ever seen a failed rocket launch do anything remotely like this in the past? There are no photographs, no videos, nothing that exists before now of this kind of phenomenon

2. How can you explain the spiral collapsing from the center, expanding outward in a perfect circle (the black hole effect)?

I say again, where has a rocket launch, missile launch or any kind of launch ever produced such a phenomenon before?

And let me ask this question to those who readily accept the rocket explanation - why are you so ready to accept that explanation? Is it because it the explanation that best fits, even though common sense and watching the videos should be casting doubt in your mind about all of these explanations that people are coming up with to try and make this thing "go away".

Myself, my avatar says it all. I came to ATS seeking answers on the UFO/ET question. What I learned is that there are far more hoaxes and things that CAN be explained caught on film than there are what I would call genuine UFO sightings.

But when something like this comes along, something that truly boggles the mind, how can you be so ready and willing to dismiss it and go on with life unless you aren't really ready to accept the fact that we may not be alone out there, or even, that our limited knowledge of science in this physical world does not have all the answers?

My personal conclusion? I don't believe that the spiral is the result of a vapor trail from a rocket or missle. To me, that's a half-baked, half-assed explanation if I ever heard one. I would be much more likely to believe that this is was the visual result of a scientific experiment conducted by Russia or someone over that way. What if people here on Earth are experimenting with opening wormholes using a rocket? Wormholes have been proven mathematically to exist. They are known as Schwarzchild Wormholes or Einstein-Rosen Bridges (en.wikipedia.org...). What if someone on Earth is experimenting with special relativity?

I'm much more ready to accept that as an explanation than some half-assed rocket/missle explanation.

Half-baked, half-assed explanation? Hardly. If you bother the read the entire thread you will see that based on the evidence presented in multiple posts this was a failed rocket/missle launch.

There have been several things in this thread that proved it to me. Here are the top two in my book.

Russia sent out a warning ahead of time that they would be conducting missle tests between Dec 7th-10th in the area.

Photographic evidence clearly showing a rocket vapor trail.

So show me evidence showing any other possibility?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Now THAT is very impressive.

Was there any explanation towards this, such as natural phenomena, etc?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

1: It only has to to spin at a fixed speed or attitude with something venting from it to create a spiral as you describe. As far as I know this happened outside of the atmosphere so there is no air effect on the vapour to stop it forming a perfect curve. There are plenty of videos and pictures, a video has been posted just above your post of a similar event. As for it spinning from the centre, where else would a spiral spin from?

2: Because it's a spiral? It was created from the centre and expanded outward so it makes sense that if the source of the spiral ceased it would collapse from the centre and expand outward in a circle.

As for watching it and letting common sense cast doubt, I suppose that is very subjective and depends entirely on your level of intelligence and open mindedness. I'm sure someone who knows nothing about physics and space science and orbital craft and weapons would view it differently to someone who does know about those things.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hold on a minute.

From the wiki page on the RSM-56 Bulava:

Engine three stage solid propellant

I think this has escaped everyones attention until now? How can we explain the blue spiral thats supposedely rocket fuel leaking from a booster, if the fuel is solid propellant?

Then again, I know next to nothing about this. How solid is solid proppelant? Could it still account for the blue spiral plume? Consulting en.wikipedia.org... has told me that the fuel is in the form of grains. Could grains explain that effect? How fine would these grains be? And how light? Would they fall, or remain in suspension?

Damm, so many questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join