It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

The Russians report it was a failure in the third stage rocket engine.

Why does the blue trial seem to start near the ground?

The third stage on a rocket would not ignite until very high into the atmosphere?

The blue trail is desceptive. It's no where near the ground.

If you look in the above shot, the circle on the right shows the trail left by the first stage. The altitude at the end of this part of the launch would already have been much higher than what we call "atmosphere". (perhaps already as much as 100km)

The blue trail is the next stage, and is yet higher than the first stage. The spiral was the last stage, where the problem with the missile occurred.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
WoRMHOLE for the win

this doesnt even look like a rocket i bet it is a rift hole used by aliens they are coming prepare urselfes u have been warned!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gromle

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by Gromle
But what did the fisherman see falling into the ocean? ( see my post a page or two back) if the rocket was heading away from norway?

What ever he was paid to 'see' ....

And who would bother to pay him to see something?

No one if we are posting on a parenting site but this is a conspiracy site... I'm just playing advocatus diaboli.....

IF there was something to hide then whomever wants it covered up has money.... why not pay someone who earns a pittance enough money to 'see' things?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
#1, the sound of the missle would have been heard,

Not from hundreds of miles away from the launch.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

The blue trail is the next stage, and is yet higher than the first stage. The spiral was the last stage, where the problem with the missile occurred.

For sure... and if you look at the slow shutter shot you can see that they 'all' spiral....

I showed my 8 year old son and didn't tell him what it was and he described it the best as far as what I was trying to draw...

"Oh yeah.... it's a tornado going up to mars!"

ok so not quite but the shape and distance was what I was after

hmm interesting... we just googled 'Cosmic twister' and 'Cosmic tornado' images...

Anyway I'm way off topic.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Nope incorrect.

We would have a 120 second burn time before stage 3 kicked in.

* Stage1: 1 x Topol'-M-1. Gross Mass: 26,000 kg (57,000 lb). Empty Mass: 3,000 kg (6,600 lb). Motor: 1 x 15Zh58A. Thrust (vac): 980.000 kN (220,310 lbf). Burn time: 60 sec. Length: 8.50 m (27.80 ft). Diameter: 1.80 m (5.90 ft). Propellants: Solid.

* Stage2: 1 x Topol'-M-2. Gross Mass: 13,000 kg (28,000 lb). Empty Mass: 1,500 kg (3,300 lb). Motor: 1 x 15Zh58B. Thrust (vac): 490.000 kN (110,150 lbf). Burn time: 64 sec. Length: 6.00 m (19.60 ft). Diameter: 1.55 m (5.08 ft). Propellants: Solid.

* Stage3: 1 x Topol'-M-3. Gross Mass: 6,000 kg (13,200 lb). Empty Mass: 1,000 kg (2,200 lb). Motor: 1 x 15Zh58V. Thrust (vac): 245.000 kN (55,078 lbf). Burn time: 56 sec. Length: 3.10 m (10.10 ft). Diameter: 1.34 m (4.39 ft). Propellants: Solid.
Bulava

If indeed this was from a missile it was not high enough into the atmosphere to have a 3rd stage burn then failure.

This story seems to have more holes than this intercontinental ballistic missile does.

My humble opinion of course. The last stage of the rocket would propel it into orbit and in my opinion it wasn't anywhere near that.

*edit to add* the picture posted shows it coming toward Norway not away from Norway.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by LDragonFire]

link   
this is amazing!

wow, 76 pages already?? lol, wheww!

Im only on page 6 so far, but after page 1 ,
I started thinking that perhaps it could be some type of defense system being tested out...

Now i just started reading from a link posted at the end of page 3 i opened a little while ago..
and read the comment....

Last rehearsal for Obama protection.

The pictures show the likely defense in Norway, which has the finishing touches on security ahead of Obama visit. This is probably countermeasure that will be implemented, if other countries would attempt to attack Obama with rockets, etc. The images are frightening, but shows what research has enabled us to.

Sorry i am posting before reading all replies.. but there are allot of them!!
lol

im sure after 76 pages this has prolly been discussed... but i couldnt help post my thoughts after reading that comment. lol

I dunno,..
doesnt really seem too far fetched to me.

the spiral itself is amazing...
but the way it 'ends' is almost more fascinating!

i really dont believe it was any "missile test" though.

im gonna have to bring out the 'lunatic' side of me and say, "it just may be otherworldy!" lol, why not?

great thread, thanks.

link   
Some scientist are still saying it was not a missle test fire that caused this to happpen. Careful what you buy into folks!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

My humble opinion of course. The last stage of the rocket would propel it into orbit and in my opinion it wasn't anywhere near that.

And debris wouldn't be falling on Fisherman Fred.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Some scientist are still saying it was not a missle test fire that caused this to happpen. Careful what you buy into folks!

Can you reveal who "some scientists" are? Or provide a link?

This isn't necessarily to you mr. skepticc
There is a chance it is not a missile. I'm just clinging to the likely for now until it is better disproven. Saying NONONONONONO isn't constructive or helpful.

it is really amazing so it definitely deserves the attention

thanks

J

[edit on 10-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Notice the bbc took down there news video of saying its a missile.

the west always blame the russians for everything, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
OH look what we have here !!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5ecdbc5c302.jpg[/atsimg]

Are they twin?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9cb6d035746.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Did you guys know that Obama was in Norway at the time of the incident? Anyways...there seem to be no picture ever taken of such a 'glow in the dark'. It is a beautiful picture tho......My first thought was it to be connected with crop circles. Maybe it is a miss-directed crop cicle beam.
Conclusion....I have no idea what it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Heres the fishermans story:
www.itromso.no...

Its in norwegian. Give me a shout if the translators fail to translate any word.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Gromle]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I hope they have the spiral on film.
I thought the spiral was first and it blue streaked out of
control over the horizon with the white trail.

So where did this spiral rocket end it.
Up into space or down to earth.
Amazing I want to see it again.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
OH look what we have here !!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5ecdbc5c302.jpg[/atsimg]

Are they twin?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9cb6d035746.jpg[/atsimg]

Can you provide some better context for that second photo?

also

If its not a rocket and it is some crazy portal wormhole thing (or any other explanation like that) what are you going to do about it?

I will admit I did spend yesterday being oddly, overly, very upbeat and cheery with a great sense of excitement. (almost as this was familiar and significant)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

And debris wouldn't be falling on Fisherman Fred.

Im a fisherman and I sometimes drink.......Alot

Also if this fishermans story is true we could expect some sort of military salvage operation from Russia or the USA or any other country wishing to find and hopefully salvage pieces of this alleged missile.

So he needs to go back fishing and report what he sees.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've seen a lot pf photos of rockets blowing up at various altitudes.

Can't say I've ever seen one that consists of a corkscrewing blue plasma trail ending in a brilliant circle of light from which a perfect white spiral extends across 20 miles of sky.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Basically the missile went out of control and began spiralling - creating the effect most visible in the longer exposure images.

Exactly. It does look like a giant version of a fireworks rocket that spirals around. It looks very interesting and the photo is surreal, but that's basically it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
MSNBC says that the russians are saying it was one of their missle tests gone wrong.....but if anyones ever seen a rocket go off you know that was no missile test, wheres the con trail, i havent seen any smoke nor clouds come to think of it in any of the photos of the event.

i cant even think of a way one might make light move in a spiral, or make those rings...will we ever know the truth on that one?

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join