It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
[edit on 10-12-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I admit it doesnt sufficently explain the spiral. When a rail gun is fired, it leaves behind it a trail of super hot air (plasma) and at the tip of the tail a spiral pattern (the shell spins as it has rifled fins to maintain stability). But this sort of spiral would perhaps last 30 secs at the most, if that. So I am at odds as to why it was present for so long. I mean it could also be a hologram, that seems to fit the characteristics of the case much better than anything else. But as to why the military would do that and then cover it up, beats me.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It does seem strange that Russia would outright deny the fact that it was a missile test only to report later on that it was, indeed, just that. What would make them delay honing up to that if it was obviously causing a huge stir all over the world? Maybe their intelligence agents heard through the Internet or other sources that the "failed Russian missile" was one possible explanation for the incident and just used that as a smoke screen to cover up whatever it actually was. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist (so what am I doing on this site?) but I agree that this seems stranger than a failed missile test.

Another point--I have seen a video of a simulation run that "proves" the fact that this is nothing more than a failed test of a missile. While the video is convincing, it also assumes that the missile is moving along a horizontal trajectory and that the spiral is only viewed when seeing the missile head-on. My question is--there are several videos/pictures taken of this event from many different angles. Don't you think that one of them would show this event from the "side" so that it didn't look like a spiral but rather like an object moving horizontally (I guess that would make the spiral look like a sine wave instead)? Instead, all angles seem to show it as a spiral. This "all angles look the same" phenomenon sounds very much like the property exhibited by a holographic projection. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ok I earlier took the gullible pill and just believed it was missile failure... twat.
When they release a video of a missile firing first... then maybe I'l believe it.

I bet so many new age spiritual folks lost in hype-land like GFOL and Ashtar groups would love to believe this is a portal. But if its blue beam we know what it is all about we dont have to keep wondering wtf.

So I still shout HOLOGRAM. Its the only thing that makes sense to me.

Have you seen the hologram technology 'they show us' lately? if they show us this kinda stuff now... imagine how advanced they must really be?

kate moss hologram

Diesel 'Liquid Space' Holographic Fashion Show - Part 1

Diesel 'Liquid Space' Holographic Fashion Show - Part 2

holographic monster

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde
I admit it doesnt sufficently explain the spiral (the shell spins as it has rifled fins to maintain stability). But this sort of spiral would perhaps last 30 secs at the most, if that. So I am at odds as to why it was present for so long. I mean it could also be a hologram, that seems to fit the characteristics of the case much better than anything else. But as to why the military would do that and then cover it up, beats me.

Interesting ...could you provde a link to the video of your evidence of Railguns leaving a trail of plasma as I'd love to see that effect in action.

Only time I've ever seen that kind of thing was in the movies???

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bm2211

I thought most ICBM's are solid fuel rockets, would you get leaking fuel like that?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm curious to know if 1.618 figures into the spirals. I've been very fascinated with the whole PSI-Golden measurement thing and whenever I see a spiral pattern that seems to be the first thing that comes to mind. Does look like what I think a out of control rocket would look like. However the fact that there isn't some kind of a self destruct explosion after it loses control raises my eyebrow and my curiosity. The timing is interesting too with the whole Obama trip and all. I don't think this is the beginning of disclosure though. It would be nice. It is so long overdue. I just don't think TPTB are going to let us in on that one anytime soon. They make more money in a day of War, Lies, and Control than they do in a year of Peace, Truth, and Freedom.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jukiodone2

Originally posted by Pryde
I admit it doesnt sufficently explain the spiral (the shell spins as it has rifled fins to maintain stability). But this sort of spiral would perhaps last 30 secs at the most, if that. So I am at odds as to why it was present for so long. I mean it could also be a hologram, that seems to fit the characteristics of the case much better than anything else. But as to why the military would do that and then cover it up, beats me.

Interesting ...could you provde a link to the video of your evidence of Railguns leaving a trail of plasma as I'd love to see that effect in action.

Only time I've ever seen that kind of thing was in the movies???

I think its just their way of getting attention so they can proceed to the next step, which they have planned after enough public discussion has taken place?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

MYSTERY SOLVED

en.wikipedia.org...

As always I am saving common sense of the discussion on that forum

[edit on 10-12-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Boothead

It is probably about saving face what is better to tell the population, it's a failed missile test or NATO can take out our ICBM/SLBM's in boost phase?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I dont have any videos Im afraid but I had a quick scout around the internet and there are some nice examlpes of the plasma illumination behind the shell.

www.navy.mil...

That picture is of a rail gun launching a shell. Dont confuse the fireball for combusting propellant. This shell is fired by electromagnets and the gun itself does not create any sort of fireball or explosion. The plasma comes from the air heating up around the fast moving shell. Unfortunately, the spiral behind it isnt visible, but I will keep looking. If anyone finds anything let me know.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz

MYSTERY SOLVED

Dead link there are you fixing it? :]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Whatever it is I dont like it... and as long as things like that dont start appearing over the UK then Im a happy camper.

As for what caused it, Im going to stay sat on the fence
... Although is quite strange that russia have changed their mind about 'admitting' it was a rocket. Fair enough to deny they've done anything when one fails... but why own up to this one?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
The main reason that I do not believe that it was a rocket, was because of how the "Exhaust" is illuminated.

Check this video...

This is a night launch of the NASA sts-126 mission.

As you can see... the "Vapor Trail" was not luminescent... as it shouln't be... rocket exhaust is chemically spent, and practically inert for the purposes of illumnation.

So, we must presume that the "Vapor Trail" in the "Spiral Video" is being illuminated by the Rocket Flame (Or ice crystals being mixed with the vapor, and illuminated by the engine.)

You're comparing apples and oranges here.

In the example you posted, the sun would have been well below the horizon.

In the example we are discussing the sun was only just below the horizon.

This matters because in the first case the plume would not have been lit by the sun, and in the second it would have been lit by the sun.

People seem to be forgetting how far away from the photographers position these events are taking place. The spiral is well above our atmosphere, and it would have been huge, possibly thousands of miles wide.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde

it would seem at a quick glance that a railgun may be able to get a projectile to a sufficient velocity to intercept a ICBM in boost like the tech in that story.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Exactly if it is a failure of a missile then what everyone is looking at is between 10 and 200 miles up in low earth orbit, or at least fairly close to it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

MYSTERY SOLVED

One more time

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde

I don't think a spiraling hail of shells can produce such an image in the sky.

You said yourself that the scale of this object is way too big.

I'm starting to lean towards a hologram to, but i'm open to LHC, Bluebeam etc, I also think that in some videos the beginning still looks like a spinning rocket.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by Zaphod58

First off, there is no such thing as a "nuclear missile test range". They are INTERCONTINENTAL missiles.

I am sorry dude but...

The Kura test range is an intercontinental ballistic missile impact area located in northern Kamchatka.

So why not fire their hardware in that direction? Or does the trajectory of an intercontinental ballistic missile ask for a launch in a different direction then were your target is? I have no idea of what trajectory such a missile would take..

They DID fire it in precisely that direction, from the SW tip of the White Sea. To the EAST. AWAY from Norway.

The norwegians were seeing it DEPARTING, not ARRIVING.

They were looking up the skirts of the thrusting rocket moving AWAY from them.

The whole thing is translucent so you can see THROUGH the clouds from BEHIND.

Once you realize that's the true geometry, the 3-D structure of it, a lot becomes clearer.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

that's been posted before. while it is an interesting explanation, it doesn't sufficiently solves what this thing actually is.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join