It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It is weird that this light showed up before Obama visited to pick up the Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar
Here's an explanation from the highly questionable site "zeta talk"

LOL, that's pretty funny.

Here, let me pull a possible explanation out of the hat next:

It was a mini black hole that was spawned and released by the Large Hadron Collider folks.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I may have missed it, but I don't think this video has been posted yet

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Pretty exciting stuff, although it does greatly resemble the 2006 Russian rocket.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What if it is a experiment with holographic projections. I could see governments faking some kind of event to get people scared of the unknown, so they can use that fear. Maybe this was just a test??? A fake wormhole or UFO. Get the people riled up for sure and by this thread it seems to be working.

errr its just a guess i am making after all.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

I was just pondering the same thought, it has not been long and I by no means have extensively studied black holes/worm holes, but I have read a lot about them and have seen lots of pictures of them and this looks like a Micro Black Hole that they warned about but said there was only about a 1% chance.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
lol a hypnotizer was playing with big projector
never thought that this could project BB

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I saw the video and it's quite an astounding sight to see. The spiral at the beginning and the light going? or coming to the ground is most intriguing. All I can say is it's a doozie!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bartolas
lol a hypnotizer was playing with big projector
never thought that this could project BB

My thoughts exactly, it looks like those laser spiral projections on a mist or fog used in 70's movies.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
just wanted to give a headds up on this

it was a failed missile launch according to some russian sites.weird missile it was in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I am beginning to wonder who owns this site, it seems there are a lot of the same old faces telling the "facts" here. I was under the impression that ATS was to see these things and try to give an alternative explanations as to what is going on, not to jump on the band wagon of the MSM. Since when did anyone believe what the MSM say anyway, or is it that most of the names that keep coming up do believe and are working for the MSM, seems that way to me. Think about it, the world is full of disinformation and these name that keep coming up with the facts seem to be the ones with all the disinformation, trying to tell us to believe what they say as fact, without allow us the opportunity to discus other ideas to what we think it is, and when you try to put up another subject similar to this, but with a different meaning to it, they come over to that thread and tell us to move it to this one, because its already covering the subject matter, when in fact its not, its these guys telling us what they believe it is, and we have to believe that, or we are mad or something.

Well I don't care what the big names say, i don't believe it is a rocket or a missile, and if i want i will make another thread with my opinion and theory about it not being a rocket or missile, you have your opinion, let me have mine, and if you don't like it, don't comment on it. I have seen some more videos of this today and i do not think this is a rocket or a missile, and if i think its blue beam and so do others, leave us alone to discuss that, and keep your opinions to your selves. That is what ATS is about, an alternative explanation. get over it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hi all,

I have been following this story quite closely and having read the comments so far I felt inclined to join and post on the subject. I work as a defence analyst and can say from previous experience that this is under no circumstances a rocket launch. I am by no means a rocket scientist but understand enough about the weapons to disprove many of the theories here. Here are my reasons:

Spiral caused by rocket fuel: Not possible
The rocket in use is a MIRV high altitude system which operates at heights many times that of commercial airliners, with the 3rd stage commencing at the edge of the atmosphere. The area covered in the sky by the spiral at such an altitude (anywhere between 35 and 45 km high) would be many hundreds of kilometers in diameter. This is physically not possible for a rocket of that size and with that amount of fuel. Secondly, the perfect sprial formation would not be maintainable for that duration due to differences in pressure that occur as altitude increases, not to mention the effect of air movement (high altitude winds, slipstreams) which would naturally distort the spiral within a few minutes of it being produced. The spiral also rotates but does not expand itself from a central point, rather the rings of the spiral tend to move with the centre point which would not be possible if the spiral was relying on air movement (there is no giant tornada/vortex in the sky).
Thirdly, the illumination source for the spiral must either come from the sun or an external source. It does not come from the sun as the blackhole appears at the end of the video, which disproves solar illumination (the light source extinguished itself).

The effects I have just tried to disproved may be feasible (although incredibly unlikely) at a lower altitude near to the launch site but again not for the duration mentioned and this would mean the missile was launched from the mentioned military base.

Now I could go on disproving various aspects but to most people it should now be clear that it isnt a missile.

All talks of portholes, wormholes, aliens and project bluebeam are absolute rubbish and I think the more intelligent of you would have already disproved them in your head.

My opinion on this matter is that the object in the sky could be an advanced anti aircraft weapon which I know is being developed by the US/UK (and possibly other NATO states as well as russia). Now I dont know the specifics and I do admit there are flaws in my theory but I think the weapon fired is a rail gun. It fires shells at incredible speeds, leaving a trail of burning hot plasma behind it in the air. It would have to be fired from Norway though but it displays similar characteristics to those shown in the video, albeit for a much shorter duration.

Alternatively and I think it is also very likely if not simple, the thing is a hologram. When you turn off a hologram it goes dark from the centre outwards (the opposite to when you turn off an oldstyle TV), which is demonstrated in the video.

Anyway, whatever it is, it isnt a rocket, that much I know

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here is what the BBC are saying about it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

That has to be one of the weirdest things I've seen in my over half century in this life, and like most people who've a fair amount of time gazing at the night skies it has me absolutely fascinated.

Okay, now I'll go and read the whole darned thread. Just had to comment with my first reactions to it. :p

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I trust the BBC as much as i trust any MSM, they lie for one reason, to make you believe in what they have to say, and i tell you its all lies, all of it.

so i look to other news feeds for other explanations like this one.

Diso ufo

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde

stop being rational. let the russians tell us it was a ICBM test launch. If that was a missile failure than i have an island off the coast of Africa i would like to sell. Besides, if a failed test led to that, i am pretty sure that at least half of russia would have disappeared into that blue-black hole.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It is very plausible that it is another failed Bulava missile test, the Russians have had a lot of problems with them failing in boost phase. What the strange look to the thing could be is some kind of NATO directed energy weapon that is capable of taking ICBM/SLBM's out in boost phase and could be the real reason for the peace prize stuff. Just a few thoughts?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by mrlondon]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Classic! Something for the new age idiots to boast and brag about as being something from evil aliens or ascended masters who knows. The latest information claims that the russian government is chalking it up to sunlight reflecting off the trail of leaking fuel from a secret Russian missile experiment. Naturally, the Russian government explicitly denies this and any connection.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.galacticroundtable.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde

I thought ATS was about highlighting and discussing conpiracies...how are you ever going to spot a real conspiracy (which this missile launch is ...of sorts) if you cant use the evidence presented to seperate fact from fantasy.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde

Now I dont know the specifics and I do admit there are flaws in my theory but I think the weapon fired is a rail gun. It fires shells at incredible speeds, leaving a trail of burning hot plasma behind it in the air.

But how does that explain the spiral?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

The rail gun caused it of cause..I have no other evidence ( I've never seen a rail gun fired but I've seen the movie "Eraser" and the railgns in that deffinately left a weird pattern behind them....)

Isnt that good enough proof ????

/sarcasm

[edit on 10-12-2009 by jukiodone2]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by jukiodone2]

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join