It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
If it was indeed a rocket launch gone bad why didn't they push that self destruct button immediately as schrodingers dog claimed should have happened?

They used to test missiles and rockets where I currently live. They may want to collect the remains to analyse what went wrong, or some other kind of data, that always done here when the rocket range is active

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4sh4
I think it's reasonable to use Occam's razor here, and that the most obvious explanation is most likely the correct one: a military weaponry test, whatever that might be; rocket, a secret defense weapon, physics test. But I call it man made for now.

I'll entertain the thought of it being a secret defense weapon, or some sort of physics test, just don't ask me to believe that some wayward rocket was the cause.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Blender]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Blender
You can't believe everything you hear... not even on a conspiracy forum.

Well someone mentioned EISCAT and now that has a lot of people believing everything to do with HAARP etc. I wish someone would explain how exactly EISCAT, which was offline (as someone mentioned) at the time produced a spiral

Well it probably has something to do with EISCAT starting a massive experiment on December 7th which was supposed to have observable effects for up to 5 and 2/3 days. Also, the subject matter of their tests were suspiciously pertinent to anomalous atmospheric activities, such as ionospheric gravity wave disturbances.

I have doubts our ability to physically manipulate the visible portion of the atmosphere - it doesn't seem practical at all. But the atmosphere is the next big military-industrial frontier, and with further exploration of the Ionosphere we may have a new form of instantaneous communication. (Currently being researched by DARPA)

I just think it's a crazy new frontier.. one that is governed by charge and tempurature that only the super-funded, super high-tech institutions have ever been able to study. (Such institutions are naturally linked to the Military Industrial Complex) So it's not far fetched for me to imagine all sorts of interesting experiments with the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aninchoftime
Well it probably has something to do with EISCAT starting a massive experiment on December 7th which was supposed to have observable effects for up to 5 and 2/3 days. Also, the subject matter of their tests were suspiciously pertinent to anomalous atmospheric activities, such as ionospheric gravity wave disturbances.

Do you have a link for that?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
It is confirmed now that the Norwegian military has been informed about a Russian missile test.

So it was a rocket that made this phenomenon.

Can we have a link to that to confirm it?

I doubt that will sway any of the hardcore conspiracy theorists, but IMO, a no-fly zone plus statements form experts and officals, combined with some normal rocket trail characteristics is a fine explanation by me

I prefer the Rapture or Madonna sightings, or the Terminator portal.
They are more fun

[edit on 9-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If you notice, the hole in the center after it "explodes" isn't actually black, it's the color of the sky behind the blue glow. I'd say it just ran out of fuel, and the hole marks when that happened.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow.... That is insane! I will not believe that is some flares reflecting off some ice/swamp gas crystals, because that will be the official explaination

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
We all know who Phage is, but the question is, why would he bother debunking this site, unless there really WAS something?

Why is everyone so worried about Phage??? Is he a God worth bowing to??? Everyone should get a grip.

Sorry to be a little less than polite, but, knock it off already.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Like most upper air phenomenen, it was probably seen 100km's away from where it was occuring

Quite right, and it would also be quite hard to determine (at least with out looking at photos taken at multiple known locations) which direction (towards or away from us) the train was tilted. It could be going either way, although I would suspect away (and out to sea presumably) is more likely.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
*walks in timidly...*

My recollection from observing stock footage of failed rocket launches, and zero personal knowledge of rocketry, is these two recurring elements:

1. ...
2. When rockets malfunction, the guys in the room with the blinkie lights are pretty quick on the self destruct button and a big kaboom (scientifically speaking) shortly follows the malfunction.

Be not timid in sharing. Good ideas echo good responses.

A feature of Russian military missiles is that they do NOT carry a self-destruct system. That's been a design philosophy for decades. Even commercial versions of converted ICBMs for satellite launches do not add on such a safety system.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And maybe it's used to steer away attention from Copenhagen & Climategate. It keeps us busy with pretty lights in the sky.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Im trying to find out what caused the blue effect

Metallic oxides? Barium?

Like I mentioned before, someone said it was Nitrogen. Barium is certainly not a blue colour, lol

I found out that the rocket they tested is a liquid propelled rocket.

If it was a Bulava, and I think it was, that's a solid-fuel missile in 1st and 2nd stages, and chemical in third stage. You were misinformed.

link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
If it was indeed a rocket launch gone bad why didn't they push that self destruct button immediately as schrodingers dog claimed should have happened?

The question of the circular rings around the object still have to be explained, I for one have seen nothing like that before. It seemed to be illuminated from the ground behind the hill.

It was about 8:am in the morning. The sun is in the S. hemisphere right now so the Northern latitudes don't get much daylight. The spiral is illuminated because it was high enough to catch the morning sun's rays. I think the big white spiral is just condensed water vapor, like a condensation trail.

Gizmodo

link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

I never said he was a god. Search for his posts and you'd get an idea of who he is.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

All i want to know is if its still visible.

Is it?

Huh? huh?

Thank you very much!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by aninchoftime

Barium florescences green.
Barium cloud

Hey Phage:

Taken from www.iki.rssi.ru... "Barium Clouds"

An atom can become ionized by the absorption of light. The atom of barium is particularly easy to ionize, because its outermost electron is very loosely bound. If a mass of barium is vaporized in space, producing a barium cloud, much of the barium becomes ionized by sunlight within less than a minute. The cloud then moves in response to electric forces in space, and can be used to study the electrical field in space.

In practice the barium is packed into canisters with copper oxide, and these are released from rockets or satellites and ignited. The resulting chemical reaction produces great heat, but more barium is packed into the canister than can combine chemically, and some the excess is vaporized to form a large spherical greenish cloud.

Typically the release is done after sunset or before sunrise, so that while the canisters explode in full sunlight, observers on the ground can watch the cloud against the dark sky: soon a bluish ion cloud separates from the green one, usually elongated or striped in the direction of the magnetic field lines, which guide the ions.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
It is confirmed now that the Norwegian military has been informed about a Russian missile test.

So it was a rocket that made this phenomenon.

Can we have a link to that to confirm it?

I doubt that will sway any of the hardcore conspiracy theorists, but IMO, a no-fly zone plus statements form experts and officals, combined with some normal rocket trail characteristics is a fine explanation by me

You sure can. But its in Norwegian.

John Espen Lien, seniortalsmann ved Forsvarets operative hovedkvarter, bekrefter nå at de hadde fått beskjed fra Russland angående rakettoppskytingen.

What this is saying is:

John Espen Lien. A senior spokesman for the military operational headquarters. Now confirm that they did get a message from Russia about the missile test.

www.dagbladet.no...

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion_grey
Wow! WTF is that?
I wish I could see something like that.

They are gonna say its just an optical illusion caused by "Ice crystals"

_Orion

You do see things like this, probably every weekend. Its called a #ing spot light. Please reserve space for real inquiries and not this type of false bull#. These types of post cause site like these to lose all credibility.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Do you have a link for that?

Of course I do!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4sh4
And maybe it's used to steer away attention from Copenhagen & Climategate. It keeps us busy with pretty lights in the sky.

haha my thoughts exactly

when i was young, we had a high intensity projector at work, one night we borrowed it, and shot images into the sky, works great if its cloudy, and someplace like norway where there are a lot of ice crystals in the sky, id imagine it would work even better.

i would put my money on a hoax, by the mere fact that there is a shaft of light coming from the ground.

wether this is being done for fun, or to actually take attention from the copenhagen conference is yet another discussion subject

my .2 cents

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join