It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor1

I would have to agree looks like an interdimensional portal,

Let us not forget we all know exactly what an interdimensional portal looks like. We see them all the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there.

Could the spiral effect around the object be caused by illumination on the object and bending of the light by atmospheric conditions? Kind of like the halo effect around the moon and sun we sometimes see? Here is a pic that shows the same separation of light observed in the spiral without the circular effect.

Its a projection from a movie theater.

www.flickr.com...

link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Oh boy...

Jim Oberg has just added you as a respected foe...

Thanks, James, I appreciate your attempt to link your name to mine, but I can't have you laymen riding my coattails all the time.

No, seriously, if Jim Oberg wasn't dissing me, I'd know I wasn't doing my job.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Doc Velocity]

Wasn't me. Dunno who's using a similar handle.

link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
The black hole is simply the propellant running out, and the rocket trail is well within the troposphere. Generally tests like this stay in the lower reaches of the atmsophere. Im trying to find out what caused the blue effect

On a second thought, there is some effect painters use in painting skies, when you have a black background (space) and you paint white/semi transparent over it (fuel?), it will turn blue. I believe it was called scattering.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by s4sh4]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by s4sh4]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
*walks in timidly...*

A quick question ...

My recollection from observing stock footage of failed rocket launches, and zero personal knowledge of rocketry, is these two recurring elements:

1. When they fail they fail. That is to say that from what I have seen, they never take such a perfectly organized path/pattern, be it circular or anything else.

2. When rockets malfunction, the guys in the room with the blinkie lights are pretty quick on the self destruct button and a big kaboom (scientifically speaking) shortly follows the malfunction.

That's all I got.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm reading the book "the symbol" right now. I got goose bumps watching the video. the pictures look photo shopped. the grain of the film disappears around the swirl. but the video..... WOW. great stuff very exciting! its the SIGN!!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
on second thought, are we witnessing a worm hole opening up? what is we missed the chance to jump in? how do we predict these and how soon can we jump in? I'll go!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hmm.. I can't get over that blue beautiful umbilical cord. Metallic oxides and chemical elements such as Barium have similar effects when heated, cooled or ionized in the atmosphere.

link   
If it was a rocket shouldn't the spirals center have moved, since its traveling up why did it come to such a sudden stop. I just cant stretch my imagination enough to see a rocket here it looks like ionization of the atmosphere, and its obviously sustained for a few minuets then stops leaving the dark clear circle at the end. The blue corkscrew is a total mystery.

If i was to go sci-fi I would say it was a.. hmmm no f'ing idea.

What every it was i want one for my new years eve light show.

Any ideas on how to create the blue corkscrew effect.

link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA

Originally posted by eraserer
Guys... There IS a HAARP reactor situated close to where it happened. www.eiscat.uit.no...

Sigh

And it begins,

I guess speculation is going to go wild until it can be explained…

It's something most people have never seen so imagination is going play a part

Yea, and it seems like suggesting something like HAARP is just completely off the wall and taboo for certain members here, on ATS, a conspiracy site

Wow, imagine that

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just saw this on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. The footage they showed, you can CLEARLY see the "spiral" rotating. I am baffled by so many seemingly intelligent people here taking the "failed rocket" excuse to heart. Its actually sad.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If this thing has failed 6 times before, then why didn't we see it before? Is there a specific reason they're testing it on land this time?

link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Originally posted by Majestic RNA

Originally posted by eraserer
Guys... There IS a HAARP reactor situated close to where it happened. www.eiscat.uit.no...

Sigh

And it begins,

I guess speculation is going to go wild until it can be explained…

It's something most people have never seen so imagination is going play a part

Yea, and it seems like suggesting something like HAARP is just completely off the wall and taboo for certain members here, on ATS, a conspiracy site

Wow, imagine that

It's not HAARP.. It's EISCAT.

link   
Wow 50 pages and the rocket battle is still going on,perhaps the russians will see this mess they have caused and confirm it was a rocket/mini galaxy black hole.

If it wasn't the russians the russians know more than the rest of us knowing it wasn't them.

link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I'd love to know what caused such a spectacular spiral. Logarythmic spirals aren't strangers to nature.

www.space.com...

Perhaps the spiral was there all along but couldn't be seen until the rocket's thrusters lit up that area of the sky? I mean there are hexagons on Saturns poles which are naturally occurring.

link   
OK people, there is in the making a huge scam, bigger than any scam pulled by any government. It will include multiple pieces of multiple top secret programs that have been going on for years.

The long and short of it, in the future, when plans have been finished and the people are "ready" there will be a specticle so huge and bewildering most people on earth will think that it is real. There will be a huge VISION in the sky, it will be acompanied by a voice speaking directly to YOU and only You will hear it. But everyone will hear it for themselfs. The voice will tell you with your own name that it is god (or aliens) their not sure yet what will work best on the world public. The voice will talk about the magic in the sky and this will be the catalist that brings the whole world under one rule.

Now the Voice in your head will be from H.A.A.R.P. it will be speaking to you through radio waves transmitted directly to your brain, You will also have a fealing of calm and uphoria, this is also a product of HAARP.

The light in the sky will be from project Blue ray or even from HAARP also.

They have been planning this for years but only now are their computers fast enough to make the project work. And how will they get your specific message to you. Well what about all these things slipped in our vacinees? Like little chips?

Dont start a fight with me, I am just warning you. So one day in the future when you and your famillly are standing outside looking at the sky with the rest of the world and you hear the "saviors" voiice in your head you can remmember this and DONT FALL FOR IT.

Its will be the biggest scam ever pulled on the human race.

Its all under way, RIGHT NOW.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by AmenStop]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aninchoftime

Im trying to find out what caused the blue effect

Metallic oxides? Barium?

Like I mentioned before, someone said it was Nitrogen. Barium is certainly not a blue colour, lol

I found out that the rocket they tested is a liquid propelled rocket. Common fuels assoaciated with those types of missiles are:

Hydrazine (which decomposes to Nitrogen and Hydrogen)
Nitrous Oxide (which decomposes to Nitrogen and Oxygen)
Nitrogen Tetroxide mixed with Hydrogen

Seems that Nitrogen compounds are quite abundant in use with liquid fuel ICBM's

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aninchoftime

Im trying to find out what caused the blue effect

Metallic oxides? Barium?

Like I mentioned before, someone said it was Nitrogen. Barium is certainly not a blue colour, lol

I found out that the rocket they tested is a liquid propelled rocket. Common fuels assoaciated with those types of missiles are:

Hydrazine (which decomposes to Nitrogen and Hydrogen)
Nitrous Oxide (which decomposes to Nitrogen and Oxygen)
Nitrogen Tetroxide mixed with Hydrogen

Seems that Nitrogen compounds are quite abundant in use with liquid fuel ICBM's

When barium gets heated violently, it either turns vibrant blue or green.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The SS-NX-30 is a three stage rocket. The first two are solid fueled and the third is liquid. This could be consistent with what we are seeing. The spiral would represent the final separation from the third stage.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I'd love to know what caused such a spectacular spiral. Logarythmic spirals aren't strangers to nature.

www.space.com...

Perhaps the spiral was there all along but couldn't be seen until the rocket's thrusters lit up that area of the sky? I mean there are hexagons on Saturns poles which are naturally occurring.

Im thinking that it had something to do with ice crystals in the air and the low angle of the sun, but Im still waiting on a comment from the atmospheric optics guys for this

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join