It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wes_dublin
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

a catherine wheel normally has its centre fixed to a non moving object. What was the rocket fixed to? how did it form such a perfect spiral when even a catherine wheel that is fixed would not be capable of?

Of course, down here on Earth it would have to be fixed at a point, but up there, at "0Gs" or close to it, and with the rocket/missile already traveling at considerable speed, if it goes into a spin, that spin is likely to be pretty constant, since there are few forces acting on it up there.

I say "spin", but it could just as easily be rotation around the long axis, like a rifle bullet leaving the muzzle.

Look how stable the spin becomes here for example

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here's a link from a Russian website which explains about Bulava rockets being tested in the North Sea before the end of 2009, the article was written November 24th.

new test launch of Russia's troubled Bulava submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) will be carried out by the end of 2009, a defense industry source said on Tuesday.

The launch was tentatively scheduled for November 24 but has been postponed for the second time since the latest failure in July.

"The Defense Ministry and the manufacturer still have a number of issues, including technical, to resolve before the Bulava can be tested again sometime by year's end," the source said.

The Bulava's development has been dogged by a series of setbacks and has officially suffered six failures in 11 tests so far.

The latest Bulava failure during the launch from the Dmitry Donskoy nuclear submarine in the North Sea was caused by a defective steering system in its first stage, according to military officials.

Seems its still not a fool proof piece of equipment eh

en.rian.ru...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

congrats mate. um.. not to be a dick but they probably have engineers there to build and design more defenses, or means to ween themselves away from petrol. you said yourself there was a conflict between the russians and NATO, and a norwegian was injured or something

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
NOw thats the damndst thing i ever seen! watching the videos, it apperas to be rotating into a dim new moon, then dissipitates. One owuld thin someting is braodcasting an image in the sky, via the blue beam to horiznn, where it seesm to be coming form a ligthed cloud on the horizon* ive never ever seen or ehard of nay earth atmosphere conditions like this...ever.
wonder if the LHC has something to do with it????

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

thank you!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
One thing is for sure here. If the Russian government did live interviews worldwide admitting it was a failed rocket launch, this would still go viral as anything but a rocket launch on the Internet.

Of course we all know the reliable report is from the Galactic Federation. Why even bother to continue this discussion once they have spoken?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
where it seesm to be coming form a ligthed cloud on the horizon* ive never ever seen or ehard of nay earth atmosphere conditions like this...ever.
wonder if the LHC has something to do with it????

Actually thats the sun low on the horizon as it should be at this time of the year in northern Norway

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It was on NBC they had it on the news, saw it in "hd" but man this thing is a head scratcher. I havent read something yet that encomposes all explanations and has no holes.
Obviously or else the conversation would be over. Just stating how weird this thing is.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chriskeptik
www.rocketrange.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK I see, sorry!

anyways....

The spiral looks like a tesla coil maybe they can use the formation as a kind of antenna. Just a feeling.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by chriskeptik]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Damn! I should have woke up 15mins earlier so i could seen this spectacular sight

Familiar with the northern parts of Norway and have lived in Tromsø earlier. For your other locals: Doesnt it look like the rocket if russian are way out of course and violaiting both Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish airspace? Looks like its coming straight from northeast, but maybe we are tricked by its altitude thats probably higher than it looks.

To me it seems like it maybe are behaving normal until the trail gets the blue color (another stage?). Its even a gap between white to blue and you can see its beginning to spin then in the blue phase. From the sideview its looks like a zigzag pattern, but i bellieve this is a spiral movement. After a while the rocket makes a half u-turn to the north or "outer space". Allmost all the observers are in the last phase looking at the rocket moving directly from them.

Off course another wild theory is that the russian spaceshuttle Buran v2 packet with russian oligarks fired up its plasmaengines preparing for entering the interdimensional portal that EISCAT had opened for them. Their destination: The illuminati secret Mars colonies

[edit on 9-12-2009 by nyloncylon]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by nyloncylon]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chriskeptik
www.rocketrange.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
reply to post by hey1212

congrats mate. um.. not to be a dick but they probably have engineers there to build and design more defenses, or means to ween themselves away from petrol. you said yourself there was a conflict between the russians and NATO, and a norwegian was injured or something

I know I was just looking for scrapings to fill out a post. I just wanted to let use know I'm on Google!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
More pics:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

However a Moscow news outlet tonight quoted the Russian Navy as denying any rocket launches from the White Sea area.

Norway should be informed of such launches under international agreements, it was stressed.

The Russian Defence Ministry was unavailable for comment last night.

So nothing is confirmed yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow this is something else never seen anything like it before . I wonder sometimes if they really arent here .

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4sh4
More pics:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

However a Moscow news outlet tonight quoted the Russian Navy as denying any rocket launches from the White Sea area.

Norway should be informed of such launches under international agreements, it was stressed.

The Russian Defence Ministry was unavailable for comment last night.

So nothing is confirmed yet.

Yeah, anonymous news report is just their was of saying Big John from Accounts said it must be a russian missile so we'll run with that. Just put him down as Anonymous, trusted insider.

Edit: To add this is a reply to the general Russian Military response. Earlier the media had an anonymous confirmation.

[edit on 9/12/09 by hey1212]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Looking at it, it gives me the Idea maybe a temporal rift. be it alien or man made.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
According to this link, all tests of the Bulava have come from submarines

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join