It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I think that should be NE, Jim.

2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
okay so i wondered back to this thread all speculations asside has anyone any proof from a real news agency that this was acknowledged to be a missile test or are there still no aswers?

It reallly is captivating this pic

Well the BBC claim it was done over a military base in Skjold but no official explanation has been offered.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

While it is true that some experiments with the ionosphere involve intentionally releasing material they experiments are publicized.

There are some claims that this was a failed test. A failure does not have to mean a catastrophic failure. There are other examples of spiraling booster stages.

The "beam" is an exhaust trail and it is visible in photographs after the spiral has dissipated. There is no indication that EISCAT is capable of producing an effect anything like this. The ionospheric heater can affect only a small area directly above it. According to the logs at EISCAT the heater was not in operation.

A missile (failed or otherwise) is the most likely cause.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's a mini black hole that was flung out by CERN and now the gravity is getting bigger. So Glad that Cherubs have the power of light to wipe out black holes. I am sure God won't allow the world to implode just yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The spiral in the sky has representation in symbols employed by many if not most of the ancient peoples.

Certainly, the kiva comes to mind as well as the visions of St. Hildegard of Bingen.

This is an extremely important development for the symbologists, and I wish I were able to ask one of the Hopi elders what he sees in the white spiral, the blue spiral and then the gaping whole. In fact, I would love to know what all of the shamans in North America make of it ... especially if there is one from the Onandaga, the Lakota, and the Eastern Cherokee.

It also reminds me of symbols I have seen that were supposed to refer to Viracocha and to Quetzlcoatl.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by doctornamtab

While it is true that some experiments with the ionosphere involve intentionally releasing material they experiments are publicized.

There are some claims that this was a failed test. A failure does not have to mean a catastrophic failure. There are other examples of spiraling booster stages.

The "beam" is an exhaust trail and it is visible in photographs after the spiral has dissipated. There is no indication that EISCAT is capable of producing an effect anything like this. The ionospheric heater can affect only a small area directly above it. According to the logs at EISCAT the heater was not in operation.

A missile (failed or otherwise) is the most likely cause.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

Phage do you care to comment on why it doesn't look like any other RSM-56 Bulava test launches? (pre-spiral)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
It's a mini black hole that was flung out by CERN and now the gravity is getting bigger. So Glad that Cherubs have the power of light to wipe out black holes. I am sure God won't allow the world to implode just yet.

Hahha, Yes!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Found this on Hopi symbolism:

Hopi Spiral Symbol: This rendition of the Hopi spiral is also common among North, South and Central Native American Indian tribes. The spiral represents the number of journeys or treks a tribe or nation has made to the four corners of the earth. Engraved on stones, the spiral suggests an intricate journey made to the Otherworlds on back. Generally, the spiral represents a broadening of consciousness, which is the destination arrived after a long journey.

Source

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh boy...

Jim Oberg has just added you as a respected foe...

Thanks, James, I appreciate your attempt to link your name to mine, but I can't have you laymen riding my coattails all the time.

No, seriously, if Jim Oberg wasn't dissing me, I'd know I wasn't doing my job.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jukiodone2

correction mate. unless in the past half hour, someone came out and said thats what it was, and all that, it was never stated as a rocket. their astrophysicist didnt know what it was and the local base denied any launches that day. this day rather.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting and exciting topic. Ive looked at the photographs and know that I could photograph the spiral without relying on a long exposure. That too me negates any thoughts that the photographer had pre-knowledge of the event happening. I surmise that a camera was grabbed and the shot taken, there was plenty of time to find a camera.

On the point of what it might be....I have varied thoughts from Dark Nights original descriptions of what was to come (Blue Beam), to TPTB experimenting with things they should leave alone.

Right now though it is time to gather information, listen to what "they" are not saying and be ready for installment 2. Only this time being ready for it or any other new strange occurences.

We might be witnessing the start of something and not just a one off event. ( Whatever that event turns out to be)

Respects

[edit on 9-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is truly wonderful..

Either we're way more advanced with our atmospheric manipulation research, or this is some sort of strange, beautifully perfectly spinning discharged aerosol.

I will be watching this closely. Hopefully I'll get to see one
.. and get exposed to whatever funky stuff is making the atmosphere bug out like that.

link   
this subject right here.. is why I joined ATS. Great arguments, great theories, great points of view making a wonderful debate. I dont care if it turns out to be a bleedin rainbow from mars.... this debate is all the more worth it. Either way. I have to debunk the ice crystal theory though... atleast within our field of gravity. It may well be this is a rocket, but if the ice crystal theory is to work, then it would have to be in space. Notice the spiral is equidistant on all sides. Upper and lower, and begins to dissapate evenly as well. Even ice crystals from nitrogen would be effected by our gravity. I just dont see how this could be that close to land. THen... with the blue trail, That would also explain how that nitrogen could be so luminecent. it WOULD reflect that colour, and that bright from space at that angle as said obect (rocket or candy bar, what ever) would be out of hte earths shadow thus being lit by the sun behind it. Then I have to say again.. damn thats a big rocket.

link   

Originally posted by captiva
Interesting and exciting topic. Ive looked at the photographs and know that I could photograph the spiral without relying on a long exposure. That too me negates any thoughts that the photographer had pre-knowledge of the event happening. I surmise that a camera was grabbed and the shot taken, there was plenty of time to find a camera.

As Hellmutt (the OP) stated, it was common knowledge that there was going to be a missile launch at the exact same time as the images were taken. He backed that up with evidence back in the early pages

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Probably because all we see in those videos is the very early part of the flight.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There is no indication that EISCAT is capable of producing an effect anything like this. The ionospheric heater can affect only a small area directly above it

How do we know for sure it was off? I posted earlier that of the 3 tests done, the 3rd one is not available to the public to view, also some of the data was not available for yesterday.

Though I still remain skeptical about EISCAT I'm not going to rule it out given its proximity until there is real proof of a rocket.

For instance there is an HF pump enhanced airglow that EISCAT created directly over Tromso, from 1999.

Though it is very high up ( 250km) and not exactly a spiral its still kinda weird stuff.

The scientists still dont understand whats going on with HF produced airglows, so who knows maybe that got it dialed in.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by wtfhuh]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by serbsta

I'm wondering if this image has a long exposure?

Will help explain the symmetry etc.

Yes, that is a long exposure. Looks similar to what is used to photograph Auroras so likely its about a 30 second to 45 second exposure but I'd have to know the aperture setting and ISO to know for sure. Either way the bottom part of the image tells the story.

Edited to say:

I did not realize this was this far in so my post is way late it seems. I stopped to file some reports for work and all these pages appeared!

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Blaine91555]

link   
just seen this on BBC, though I did see it here earlyer today, imo it is phase one of a holographics test, unfortunatly we seam to have busted them in the act. and i'm sorry but anyone who thinks THAT is fuel residue and sunlight is an idiot.

also, can I not be banned for talking about iran this time, looks like I was right doesn't it...

link   

Originally posted by stanlee
Either way. I have to debunk the ice crystal theory though... atleast within our field of gravity. It may well be this is a rocket, but if the ice crystal theory is to work, then it would have to be in space.

Sorry have to correct you there. Have you ever heard of halos, sundogs iridescence, irisation, fogbows etc?

They all occur within high clouds known as cirrostratus, cirrus and cirrocumulus, which are well within the troposphere and composed of ice crystals.

Here's a link for your benefit

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Im not saying it is any of those things, but it certainly does not have to be in space for that theory to work

[edit on 9/12/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ELLO,
Have any of you (Sipped) heard of the "hessdalen" project?... IT has light in the sky, And its in Norway...

There is this piece of 90's film about the project and how it is documented, and witnesses coming forward, stating that at a certain point when one light in the sky came down and brushed the treetop a spiral blue light came in to being...

tOm

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by asala]

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join