It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
WOW! Cool.

It looks like a vortex or wormhole.. like the water draining out of a bath then the bath empties!

If its a swirling vortex dont they usually suck/pull or blow/push. could go check if it left any radiation or took somthing out of that area??

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Can someone tell me which UK news channels have mentioned this? I see no mention on BBC News website. Unless they're gonna slot it in at the end of programmes where they put all their joke stories, like UFO sightings.

The Daily Mail website has some pictures and readers replies.

Mystery

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LOL I'll take that in the spirit it was meant and reply in a similar vein ...some data from a weather ballon measuring things we dont fully understand does not make a scientific case

Im a sceptical SOB but even I dont think science understands fully whats going on in the atmosphere.

What about the countless millions of external effects on our atmoshphre that we dont even comprehend/cant measure ( I'm starting to take your post too seriously now so I'll shut up ...)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The corrections on Wikipedia related to the posted link about russian rocket BULAVA at :

are:

1) 17:56, 9 December 2009 IP: 84.202.66.204
2) 18:39, 9 December 2009 IP: 80.202.222.82

1) Is an user from Trondheim (Sentrum?) Norwey
2) is an user from NEXTGENTEL-NORWEY

So, noone of them are an official source from Russia. Wondering how they find that.

They know as much us us.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
reply to post by aboveGoos

You might want to go to page 30... three videos that show the same behavior... which ALL turned out to be missiles...

I'm sorry but I did check out the videos on p30 and while they do show rather inexact spirals, they lack some of the other characteristics of the model. One being the blue stuff coming out behind the spiral, and the other being the number of revolutions which the spiral has.

Watching them again, I come to the same conclusion.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx

You might want to go to page 30... three videos that show the same behavior... which ALL turned out to be missiles...

I did and non are perfect spirals come on show me a perfect spiral somebody or stop lying and those on page 30 where going up and out not side ways and thru please no brainwashing. lol @ weather balloons oops I mean rockets.

[edit on 12/9/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So, if it is a Rocket...are the Russians definitely violating another state's airspace and general safety? This is going to turn into a little mess if it turns out that it was a Rocket.

link   

Originally posted by jukiodone2
reply to post by OzWeatherman

LOL I'll take that in the spirit it was meant and reply in a similar vein ...some data from a weather ballon measuring things we dont fully understand does not make a scientific case

I think you missed the point.

Someone said we dont know the atmospheric conditions, so I got the weather balloon data and posted it because it show the atmospheric conditions. It doesnt prove or disprove any of the theories, its just raw data

link   
Think of the blue spiral in these terms.

If you took a football and attached 2 lit cigarettes to it and threw a spiral pass, what would the smoke do? It would spiral out.

Now if the cigarette smoke was nitrogen or other chemical that was vented out under pressure it would form blue, nearly concentric spirals as the rockets blasts through the air.
Throw in some vorticies from the control surface tips or some unknow and you can start to see how that was made.

www.compadre.org...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by cavscout11cav]

link   
This thread should be in the UFO and Aliens section;

and also;
I think its an asteroid

[edit on 9-12-2009 by DjSharperimage]

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Note the booster (on the right) at about :40

Seems like a similar phenomena for sure. It looked so cool when the gasses expanded in that order then contracted.. marvelous.

Although event we are discussing in this thread seems like quite a different one qualitatively.. It was Probably caused by a similar atmospheric failure.

...Probably.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THE LONG EXPOSURE KNOWLEDGED.

W hen we look at this photo, do you see how the Spiral going out reacts with the blue tail? In all the long exposure photos i have seen the spinning object does not interfer with the image of still objects. Presumably the tail is behind the spiral? Correct? So why would the tail be affected by the long exposure imagery of the spiral?

In this image the Red arrows (please dont mock my arrows hahah) are pointing to a distorted area of the tail from the spiral, whereas the green arrow is pointing towards a more condensed and intese part of the spiral with the affect to the tail. Now my long exposure knowledge is non-existant so my question to those people are what would cause this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11aa1dc1f2e5.jpg[/atsimg]

And i am sorry to whoever posted the photo of the rocket saying that its spinning smoke equated to proof, how is this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf24bef95f11.jpg[/atsimg]

going to create the symetry of patterns we see here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ce33e375782.jpg[/atsimg]

Im sorry but that is the most in control, out of control rocket ever.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

1) 17:56, 9 December 2009 IP: 84.202.66.204 2) 18:39, 9 December 2009 IP: 80.202.222.82 1) Is an user from Trondheim (Sentrum?) Norwey 2) is an user from NEXTGENTEL-NORWEY

EISCAT cover up commences.

It is quite possible they were testing a rocket AND EISCAT since it probably has the ability to knock out its electronic and guidance systems.

I still think its weird.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by wtfhuh]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Laser Light shows they do on buildings.
Not the regular lights, but the 3D effects they use, can't this be done to the sky?

This time they did it on the sky. Looking at the pictures it looks like light is being emitted from the mountain top. Same way the lasers do it.

But then again, It is just a photo and people did see it in person.
Wish I could have been there.

I wonder if any surveillance cameras picked up on it.

End of Line......

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Dometheus]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Question about the rocket explanation: the other photographs show that the vapor trail (in this case that blue beam), as well as the spiral, are distorted by wind after a few minutes. Does it seem weird to anyone else that the spiral and "beam" are not as distorted? Was there little to no upper atmospheric movement at this time and place?

Also, there is a photo that appears too show a spiraling trail left by a rocket from the side, and it is conical in shape. I figure this should occur in most cases since the rocket itself should be changing altitude the entire time. Wouldn't this change in altitude also distort the spiraling shape? I ask this because, in this case, the spiral appears to occur in one plane. Wouldn't the relative thickness of each layer decrease when viewed from below if this shape were conical?

Just some thoughts that were keeping me from writing this off as an awesome looking Russian failure.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHermit

some people just don't belong in search of scientific inquries...

seriously... come on

[edit on 9-12-2009 by curiousaboutsky]

link   
The blue appears to be heading out of the circle...

Clearly this is just another swamp gas phenonenon. I see this type of stuff every day

link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Think of the blue spiral in these terms.

If you took a football and attached 2 lit cigarettes to it and threw a spiral pass, what would the smoke do? It would spiral out.

Now if the cigarette smoke was nitrogen or other chemical that was vented out under pressure it would form blue, nearly concentric spirals as the rockets blasts through the air.
Throw in some vorticies from the control surface tips or some unknow and you can start to see how that was made.

en.wikipedia.org...:C27J_Spartan.jpg

True, that's a good vizualisation. But wouldn't that rule out that the while spiral is the rocket spiraling out of control, or "taking a roll" as someone called it? As the blue spiral would be the nitrogen from the rocket, it couldn't just magically turn white all of a sudden.

link   
No perfect spirals yet????????????Why not?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Electromotivation

I posted weather balloon data at the time on the previous page, the winds werent terribly strong, around 10 knot or something. People seem to be forgetting that the spiral is an optical affect, not a solid image. Its a diffraction of sunlight projected onto mositure layer in the sky

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join