It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
of course what i have been looking at is to see if any of the spirals match the fibbinocci spirals- the building blocks of the universe
so far no such luck

however spirals such as these are found in very ancient rock art from newgrange in Scotland, to hopi rock art in Arizona, to all over the mayan, egyptian and inca worlds

the spiral was seen as creative, relates the labyrinth and the movement of consciousness in and out of creation

so i wonder how all that fits with this thing?

...maybe obama will tell us

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Looking more than likely that it is the below but .. I'll sit on the fence untill there is proof positive one way or the other.

So why would Sweden,Finland and Norway say they have tracked nothing if indeed the Russians had launched without informing them ?

Also - Wiki has been quick to call it !!

From Wiki

RSM-56 Bulava Misile Test ( en.wikipedia.org... )

"On December 9th a new test was conducted, another failure was a fact. The traces after the missile could be tracked from most of Norway, Sweden and Finland, though the russians denied their test launch. A coded message was picked up from a russian fishingboat, at the Navtex center in UK with revealing coordinates."

www.frisnit.com... e=a4f7a470329caf85e2488355c7e88328

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Did you see them]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Did you see them]

Either way there WAS a rocket
and by using KISS (keep it simple stupid) ie Ockham's razor

it probably is a rocket or EISCAT 98% sure

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
*beats head on desk* God why is everything some secret conspiracy here. Take it for what it is, an awsome event.

-The blue is from the aurora borealis reacting with the nitrogen that is in the rocket fuel. Most if not all rockets vent fuel at some point in the launch

Well you are close but why would nitrogen in the rocket fuel react with the nitrogen in the atmosphere which cause blue aurora borealis?
High speed energetic particles collide with atoms in Earth's atmosphere at a height of anywhere from about 50 to a few hundred miles above Earth's surface to cause the aurora. These high speed particles, which are usually electrons, originate from space, specifically from the solar wind, blowing outward from the Sun.

When the electrons from space strike an atom or molecule in Earth's atmosphere, they give one of the electrons in the atom an energy boost. In scientific jargon, the electron jumps to a higher energy level and the atom is in an excited state. After a while, the electron in the excited atom jumps back down to its original lower energy level. It releases this energy as light causing the auroral glow. This process is the same mechanism that causes emission line spectra and aurora are in fact emission line spectra of the atoms in Earth's upper atmosphere.

The color of emission line spectra depends on the chemical composition, and each type of atom produces its own unique pattern of colors. Hence, the different colors in auroral displays originate from different elements in Earth's atmosphere.

Oxygen molecules cause the green Aurora, and oxygen atoms cause the red colors. Blue auroral displays result from nitrogen molecules. Molecular nitrogen and oxygen are the most common constituents of Earth's atmosphere, so these are the most common auroral colors. Atomic oxygen occurs at high altitudes, so aurora usually have red above the green. Mixtures of these colors form other colors.

So i dont understand how "the rocket fuel" would cause a reaction in the aurora borealis? Because the aurora borealis is CREATED by the Nitrogen, therefore the aurora borealis and its nitrogen would have to be there BEFORE any reaction would occur with the rocket fuel.

- The spiral shape to the blue could be due to a malfunctioning rocket starting to go into a roll trying re-establish a flight trajectory (this is a theory)

Theory fair enough wont touch it.

- The overall spiral shape is a bright light reflecting off of water vapor/ ice particles in the atmosphere. This is NOT THE FIRST time it has happened on a rocket launch and I have seen it first hand when a tow missile has gone skyward losing guidance in Germany in winter, just not to the extreme of this.

What bright light would be reflecting for minutes on end? and than dissapear? Given the proximity to the earth, seeing a tow missile head "skywards" as we all can agree this is not, is not valid. Atmospheric pressures at this height are much different than that of a Tow missile heading into the upper atmoshperes.

- Of course Russia denies it, they always deny deny deny failure. I saw 3 Russian soldiers get killed by a mine in Bosnia and they reported one vehicle slightly damaged and no injuries. It is not good for mother Russia to show weakness.

Have your theories, but do some research on rocket launches in cold climates. Go ahead and flame me for being blunt, but I just can not see how everything is a plot of some sort.

This is such a strange event, theres holes in every theory. Im not attacking yours just adding my own 2 cents to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
READ THIS PLEASE

I found more in on EISCAT

For tests done on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2009.

3 tests are in the log, the last one is not available to view as you need a password. The othere two on that night/day were.

1. Meteor Dust studies with VHF and Heater

TEQUILAsunrise (Transient Effects Quantification Under Ionospheric Low Angle sunrise). The idea is to
look at the polar wintertime mesophere through the transient
caused by (scattered) sunrise around 8 UT. Interestingly, this happens to
be the maximum occurence time of the Polar Mesosphere Winter Echoes (PMWE).

2. Polar Cap Boundary Experiments

We want to study processes taking place within the auroral oval, at the polar cap boundary and even
within the polar cap, like:
- Reconnection (determination ofthe reconnection electric field)
- Poleward boundary intensifications (PBIs), auroral streamers and fast flows
- Drift of F-region polar cap patches across the nightside auroral oval boundary and the effects of that
to the boundary

3. Unknown need password to view.

KEEP IN mind EISACT is 4 miles from where that photo was taken!!!

IT is DIRECTLY where the blue beam is in the photo when you look zoom at Tromso with google maps.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by wtfhuh]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Absolutely incredible! never seen anything like this before. This is the stuff dreams are made of. When you see it, you knows its one of those things you'll probably never see again.
My best guess is that its a military experiment. If its not that then my second guess would be: its some kind of deep space phenomena That is a twisting/spiraling energy/force emminating from some kooky space object (quasar, pulsar, ect) that is highly directed/concentrated, and that part of earth just happened to be the un/lucky spot that it hit. we're talking odds of 1:gazillions.

They should do some atmospheric testing in the area, see how its changed, look for any radioactivity or such things. On top of that, if tons of people start dying in that area in a month, it will be something much more disturbing to look into.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anyone remember that other video from Florida taken in 1992 where the sky was littered with odd colored lights and colored dust changing shapes constantly?

That was called a rocket test, and this one is being called one too. I am not buying it anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Isn't modern technology marvelous?! With our instantaneous access to Internet forums such as this, we can post our spontaneous explanations for totally uninvestigated phenomena within mere moments!!

— Doc Velocity

The most sensible comment i've seen this whole thread.

When faced with bizarre experiences, imagination and thorough search for ANY clues is what must absorb initial energies -- not jumping to conclusions and MAKING the clues fit the jump. I'm partial to the rocket explanation myself but I've tried to train myself to collect all potentially relevant factors -- not subconsciously or deliberately edit some out to serve an argumentative goal.

Example: I find no reason to jump to the conlusion the rocket 'failed'.

Example: Using the announced keep-out zones and a map, we can see that any missile from that zone headed to the standard impact zone in Kamchatka would be seen in the east, flying away, and slightly to the left, of the observers' line of sight. How does that correlate with perceptions?

The most perishable item right now is direct eyewitness memories -- and they are spoiled even faster than normal if they are polluted by questions designed to reenforce existing biases. Once spoiled, they cannot be reconstructed -- so everyone in direct contact with witnesses needs to be impresed upon regarding the care needed.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh
READ THIS PLEASE

I found more in on EISCAT

For tests done on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 08, 2009.

3 tests are in the log, the last one is not available to view as you need a password. The othere two on that night/day were.

1. Meteor Dust studies with VHF and Heater

TEQUILAsunrise (Transient Effects Quantification Under Ionospheric Low Angle sunrise). The idea is to
look at the polar wintertime mesophere through the transient
caused by (scattered) sunrise around 8 UT. Interestingly, this happens to
be the maximum occurence time of the Polar Mesosphere Winter Echoes (PMWE).

2. Polar Cap Boundary Experiments

We want to study processes taking place within the auroral oval, at the polar cap boundary and even
within the polar cap, like:
- Reconnection (determination ofthe reconnection electric field)
- Poleward boundary intensifications (PBIs), auroral streamers and fast flows
- Drift of F-region polar cap patches across the nightside auroral oval boundary and the effects of that
to the boundary

3. Unknown need password to view.

KEEP IN mind EISACT is 4 miles from where that photo was taken!!!

IT is DIRECTLY where the blue beam is in the photo when you look zoom at Tromso with google maps.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by wtfhuh]

Yeah, I've been trying to point people in the direction of EISACT but they seem to be all horney for rockets at the moment. I sincerely believe this was an ionospheric extreme plasma experiment.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Russian newspapers are asking their Defense ministry if this was a flight of the Bulava. "No comment" was all their getting.

infox.ru...

В Минобороны России на запрос Infox.ru о 7−м неудачном запуске «Булавы» заявили: «Мы это не подтверждаем, не отрицаем, не комментируем».

“We this do not confirm, we do not deny, we do not comment on”.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

All we know at this time is there was a warning of launches in a period of time.

We have confirmed no launches yet and I guarantee if there was, that NATO will have data on the signatures from the launch. If they have the data it will be just a matter of time before they release it and make the Russians look silly.

On the other hand, no data will speak volumes.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Anyone remember that other video from Florida taken in 1992 where the sky was littered with odd colored lights and colored dust changing shapes constantly?

That was called a rocket test, and this one is being called one too. I am not buying it anymore.

Isnt it funny how 99% of the poeple on here dont trust anyone higher than their pay grade, yet as soon as they hear someone with a title say "we test fired a rocket" they will believe it to be the gospel of god.
Im sorry but Okums Razors suggest the simpliest theory is usually the correct one, but this doesnt sound like the simpliest explanation:

A russian rocket with a newly invented propolsion system failed, spun out of control and failed in a perfectly shaped spiral (read chaos theory) that lasted for multiple minutes, then reacted with something in the earths atmosphere so as to create a bubble, and no rocket was located or confirmed to have been fired?

Doesnt seem like the simpliest IMHO, seems like the most logical perhaps in our understandiong of the universe but simplest?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I will have to give you credit hack28 on a good response. I have some holes in my therory as well.
I have the thoughts on the blue hues based off of it being an area known for borealis activity and dumping a ton of nitrogen into the atmosphere would be like dumping fuel on the fire.

As for the Tow missile analogy, I was not comparing a TOW to a orbital rocket, just saying that I have seen the event in smaller scale with a TOW, and that rockets have been discribed as moving spirals in the past (see earlier post)

I'm not saying I'm 100% correct on everything but the conspiracy I see is the need to make this something bigger than the abnormal but awesome event that it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That blue spiral of light is coming directly from the EISCAT ionospheric plasma experiment/heater array. Is this merely coincidental?

Does it not look like the spiral, and later the gaping hole in the sky look like it's being cause by radio frequencies? I think those patterns are characteristic of vibratory energy.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So there is new information out to the public(last 20 minutes) now as we can see in the above youtube clips and read in the norwegian and swedish newspapers they are all talking about a non confirmed russian rocket.

Its not confirmed.

Probably we can all guess now that we wont have an answer.

You can do as this.

There is a base in northern sweden called ESRANGE. Where we send satelites into space and does some other things aswell, its not a secret base and anyone can visit it.

Perhaps they have a clue?

E-mail them?
www.ssc.se... is the homepage.

info@ssc.se is the e-mail adress.

If we are many to email them....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yeah, I've been trying to point people in the direction of EISACT but they seem to be all horney for rockets at the moment. I sincerely believe this was an ionospheric extreme plasma experiment.

Ya hot for rockets when a high energy facility is right around the corner from the photo.

Makes sense

Heres are the TROMSO antennae

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Isnt it funny how 99% of the poeple on here dont trust anyone higher than their pay grade, yet as soon as they hear someone with a title say "we test fired a rocket" they will believe it to be the gospel of god.
Im sorry but Okums Razors suggest the simpliest theory is usually the correct one, but this doesnt sound like the simpliest explanation:

A russian rocket with a newly invented propolsion system failed, spun out of control and failed in a perfectly shaped spiral (read chaos theory) that lasted for multiple minutes, then reacted with something in the earths atmosphere so as to create a bubble, and no rocket was located or confirmed to have been fired?

Doesnt seem like the simpliest IMHO, seems like the most logical perhaps in our understandiong of the universe but simplest?

I'm clinging to this raft until I'm proved wrong
secretly I don't want it to be anything more than this
I appreciate everyones input and refusal to accept the rocket theory
It keeps my head up for new possibilities (whatever they may be)

I say its the simplest explanation for these reasons
1. Pictures show evidence of the rocket trails
2. The russian navtex warning

Station F - F Archangelsk,RUS
2009-12-08 16:54:55 (GMT+0)
ZCZC FA79
031230 UTC DEC 09
COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94
SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
1.ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC TO 0600 08 DEC
09 DC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900
NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA
65-12.6N 036-37.0E 65-37.2N 036-26.0E
66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E
2. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 101000 DEC=
NNNN

3. It is more possible then not possible to be a rocket

4. Blue lights have been observed before (rocket wise)

The people calling my a sheeple or u2u's saying im a disinfo agent makes me LOL really hard

Thanks everyone for the great laughs and also for taking my answers with a grain of salt (as you should everything you read)

the EISACT explanation possibly could be a good one too (awaiting more information)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh

Ya hot for rockets when a high energy facility is right around the corner from the photo.

Makes sense

Heres are the TROMSO antennae

And that's just the Radar Array! The Ionospheric Heater is much a much larger network of transmitters in a grid.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I don't think you've paid much attention to the posts in this thread... there are many that support the rocket theory... there are sites right there where that blue projection light is emanating from... it looks great and does look like a portal into another world but sadly it isnt....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"Two American scientists are lost in the swirling maze of past and future ages, during the first experiments on America's greatest and most secret project, the Time Tunnel. Tony Newman and Doug Phillips now tumble helplessly toward a new fantastic adventure, somewhere along the infinite corridors of time."

The opening line from the 1960's TV series "The Time Tunnel". It's what those circles remind me of.

I remember someone posting a thread on here (DarkKnight it may have been) about lights apppearing in the sky.

Spectacular pictures.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Cheers and good points yourself, fuel to the fire makes sense, and trust me i WONT be that guy who argues with what you saw i hate people like that. I trust you saw what you saw and can see some similarities.
I like you am fascinated by this because even if it is a rocket as is being theorized, the particle/elemental reaction and chemical display is enough to make this unlike other rocket failures.
If its proven to be a rocket failure ill say okay good we have a reason, now lets look at the science behind what this rocket caused.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join