It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Um . . . where is Russia admitting it's a rocket now?

Did i miss that post?

Last i checked, they said they didn't know anything about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
It's a test of project blue beam! no wait, it's jon titor come back to us in his time machine! lol great photos, no idea what it is

Its a rocket. I had my doubts but it is a rocket
A ROCKET

not
lhc
jesus
aliens
wormhole

spell it with me now

R-O-C-K-E-T

You're very sure of yourself, I wish that I could be so absolute in my convictions of something that I didn't witness. Can you prove that its a rocket??? Or, does the rocket explanation seem to be the most simple theory which resonates with your predefined schema? I've seen MANY rocket launches. MANY. They never behaved like this, especially with a blue trail. EVER.

So, I'm not calling you out here, nor do I intend to fight an internet war over this, but, I think that you might have to look into other possibilities, because for those of us who have witnessed rocket launches, it doesn't wash.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Okay ive done my reading into it, theres alot. Essentially the appearance of this spiral got me thinking about how elctromagnetic fields can interact with objects creating spirals, spirals are also found throughout nature, in fact the relations of all the known elements to each other could almost exactly be expressed by the logarithmic spiral.
The spiral is what drew my attention as i know it is reverred by physicists, refferred to as the curves of life.
Curved space often refers to a spatial geometry which is not “flat” where a flat space is described by Euclidean Geometry. Curved spaces can generally be described by Riemannian Geometry though some simple cases can be described in other ways. Curved spaces play an essential role in General Relativity where gravity is often visualized as curved space. The Friedmann-Lemaître-Robertson-Walker metric is a curved metric which forms the current foundation for the description of the expansion of space and shape of the universe.

This curvature can be seen in many ways. Some logic suggests that logical 'spira mirabilis' are metaphysically and physically explainable.

A logarithmic spiral, equiangular spiral or growth spiral is a special kind of spiral curve which often appears in nature. The logarithmic spiral was first described by Descartes and later extensively investigated by Jakob Bernoulli, who called it Spira mirabilis, "the marvelous spiral".

Spira mirabilis is another name for the logarithmic spiral. Although this curve had already been named by other mathematicians, the specific name ("miraculous" or "marvelous" spiral) was given to this curve by Jakob Bernoulli, because he was fascinated by one of its unique mathematical properties
Logarithmic spirals are self-similar in that they are self-congruent under all similarity transformations (scaling them gives the same result as rotating them). They are also congruent to their own involutes, evolutes, and the pedal curves based on their centers.
The size of the spiral increases but its shape is unaltered with each successive curve. Possibly as a result of this unique property, the spira mirabilis has evolved in nature, appearing in certain growing forms such as nautilus shells and sunflower heads. Bernoulli eventually chose a figure of a logarithmic spiral and the motto Eadem mutata resurgo ("Changed and yet the same, I rise again") for his gravestone.

This site co-realtes Fibonacci numbers, the universe, matter, elements on earth to the spiral.

This is a new site i came across while reasearching and it is remarkable. At the very least i am trying to show that this is far more engrosing than simply a rocket. If it is a rocket how it created those spirals becomes the focal point of intrigue.
This however shows how predominant spirals are in mathematics and the understanding of the universe.

My suggestion is first go to.

www.spirasolaris.ca...

followed by.

jwilson.coe.uga.edu...

my apologies for the frantic posts before this, i kept coming across more and more information that seemed to fit perfectly with this event and it was overwhelming

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aragami

Originally posted by nasraf
Hi,

My first post here, Ive read the news, and watched TV (I live in Sweden) not far from this strange event.

First of all I want to say.

Noone In Norway, Sweden, Russia, Finland or Island know what this is at the moment, no newspaper, televisionchannel or website has given a correct explanation for this.

There is only suggests, thoughts and comments on it, but not a real teory.

I think this discussion is going the wrong way since noone know what it is for sure, yeat.

The Swedish military dosnt know, our space agency in northern Sweden(Kiruna) dosnt know what it is and accorind to a statement from them no misile, rocket or similar has been launched nearby or entered the airspace.

Same with the norwegian military.
Same with the finish military.

So I would be pleased if you stop saying what this is, since you coulndt possibly know for sure.

Im sure there are many swedes and norwegian peoples around here that can bring correct information as soon its out to the public(if that is correct I dont know, but hopefully).

It wouldn't be the first time the Russians or any other government have lied about testing something now would it?

True.

Usually here in Sweden the government, military or others, they dont say much if they dont know what it is.

If they dont know, they say it.

If they know, why would they say it? In the best pictures and video you can see a black hole that grows bigger and bigger until the light goes away. After that you can only see the black hole for about a half a minute.

But, I think as I said we should wait, often they have an explanation then we can talk about it, if its true or not.

But since they havent told us anything yeat, we can only wait.

Wrong of me?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jayef

Makes sense,and they are worried about carbon emissions? These people are nuts out of their heads.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Sorry for coming in on this late. Ive been ill and not caught up with the news the past 4 days.
The images with the spirals are long-exposure images, the photographer was more hoping to capture the launch in its entirety, but instead caught the first stage spiralling out of control (hence the spiral-like features) they show up on the photograph as the light filtering into the camera Lens takes longer than conventional camera's, so normal camera just looks like the Rocket went with a puff of smoke, while this camera gave its full-effect in a physical aspect.

As for them denying the launch happened, well with millions of pounds of software lying around, they wouldnt want foreign countries getting their hands on any secret hardware..so if they deny the failure even happened then the launch never existed. It could have been "any other" launch.

To me the photo seems like it could have been faked because it looks a litte too good. In all the videos it looks like it could easily be a rocket spiraling out of control. In fact that is exactly what it looks like in all the other videos. In the videos, the spiral cloud is not at all symmetric. But in this time lapse video the spiral is symmetric. To me this means the photographer could have touched it up so they could sell a lot of photos.

And there is another problem with the time lapse video. The blue portion of the spiral is unrelated to the white portion. The blue portion shows the rocket starting to create quite a wide spiral. Then all of a sudden it is going to return to the center of the spiral and the blue trail is suddenly going to become white and start all over again?

In addition, if this was a top-secret rocket project as is claimed a possibility, then they would have even more of an incentive to publish a fake photo so it looks like a rare atmospheric phenomenon rather than your "typical" top-secret missile failure, thereby distracting any intelligence agencies who may be trying to figure out the project. In other words they may be purposely trying to paint it as a weather event so it will be ignored by intelligence agencies. Though of course that plan could backfire and bring even more attention to the incident, so it would be a bad idea. But either way there are two reasons that the picture-perfect version could have been published aside from sharing the facts about what happened.

Given the too-perfect spiral I believe it was in fact manipulated heavily to disguise what was a secret rocket project. Another person (don't remember who through the 26 pages of comments) said the entire spiral was rotating as a whole in the videos but I most certainly did not see that in any of the videos.

Most likely scenario to me: A secretive rocket project failed so they doctored up some photos to make it look like a strange weather event. But that backfired and now everyone is interested in it. Obviously there was a strange blue trail but I don't think it happened as pictured.

And last but not least it could have been a simple illustrative drawing. I don't see where the photographer ever claimed it was a real photo in the first place. I won't rule that out until I see what the photographer says about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry am cooking dinner have been out all afternoon but have been sent this... apologies if it has already been posted!

Click me you beast!

This quote seems to say teh opposite that the light started in the sky and was beamed to the earth *shrug*

Green beam to the ground - En stor ring kom frem. - A large ring arrived. Så bredte den seg ut. Then spread it out. Den The sendte en grønn stråle ned mot jorden. sent a green beam down to earth. Slik beskriver Morten Kristiansen lysfenomenet. To describe Morten Kristiansen lysfenomenet. Han så himmellyset fra Ånstad på Sortland i Nordland. He saw the sky light from Ånstad in Sortland in Nordland.

As for the rocket 'theory' surely the 'sharp end' of the light beam / trail would be on the rockets bottom not the wide end?

As I say haven't read the last 5 pages so if I am regurgitating old news I apologise.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The same phenomenon somewhere else at an earlier date
This one was in northern finland
NOT RECENTLY
NOT

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Isn't modern technology marvelous?! With our instantaneous access to Internet forums such as this, we can post our spontaneous explanations for totally uninvestigated phenomena within mere moments!!

— Doc Velocity

link   
reply to post by truthquest

theres video too mang. i do think it is earth realted somehow, but its definately NOT a rocket. the blue trail, the perfect spiral that stays in one spot, the black hole... if it did explode, wheres the fire? wheres the sparks, the debris.. wheres the emission trail... this whatever it is is straight out of science fiction... i dont believe it to be alien, but i havent a clue what it is.

link   
For those that are unwilling to go through the whole thread... Here is some photos and videos for you...

Pictures and Video of Norway Phenomenon:

Video of Spiral

Now compare those photos to these... Missile Contrails

Spiral is from the rocket going into a spiral and seeing the contrail...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

NOT RECENTLY
NOT

Does this help or hinder your
R
O
C
K
E
T
premise?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi.
Reading the posts in the thread I started beliving in something. There are really people that are trying to make disinformation.

Before that I supposed that was only a metropolitan legend.. but.. looking how these people are trying to convince it is a rocket.. with photos that has nothing in common with the photos of the phenomen, speaking of gas spread in the atmosphere making a perfect spiral wide some hundreds of miles is too much.

I can admit the blue spiral track may be a rocket.. but in no way the big spiral can be gas produced by explosion or lighr refraction. In nature I don't know any force that produce such movements.
There are no "RINGS" there are spire of a regular spiral. so can't be scientifically explained with rocket and similar things.

Long exposures too can't explain the form.. the Christmas tree to do that effects need to be moved, not just to have long expositions. That prove is undubtely fallaceous and artificial. Suspect.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

this looks fake, any other photos? whats with the sky phenomena sh*t lately? clouds over moscow, romania, rings around the moon, now this weird stuff... and yet we seem to have a simple explanation for it all... pfffft

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Indeed, please do re-post! I did do a quick check on the first site, but it was a lot of reading and I'm not going to indulge in all that right now.

I agree with that whatever the thing was, the spiral seems a bit too exact to be a freak accident. For it to have been a faulty control-system it would have to be accelerating slightly for the entire duration of the effect to create such a display of leakage. And why would the light take the shape of a spiral when viewed through ice-crystals?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

NOT RECENTLY
NOT

Does this help or hinder your
R
O
C
K
E
T
premise?

It HINDERS my ROCKET actually
because I can't find anything about that one being a rocket -_-
I EAT MY OWN WORDS YET AGAIN
thanks for pointing it out i'll admit it if you call me on it

I guess maybe this is still up in the air

SIDE NOTE
for those who were concerned that there was a malicious website linked (because your facebook changed languages) Its because the site linked just changed the lang

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
*beats head on desk* God why is everything some secret conspiracy here. Take it for what it is, an awsome event.

-The blue is from the aurora borealis reacting with the nitrogen that is in the rocket fuel. Most if not all rockets vent fuel at some point in the launch

- The spiral shape to the blue could be due to a malfunctioning rocket starting to go into a roll trying re-establish a flight trajectory (this is a theory)

- The overall spiral shape is a bright light reflecting off of water vapor/ ice particles in the atmosphere. This is NOT THE FIRST time it has happened on a rocket launch and I have seen it first hand when a tow missile has gone skyward losing guidance in Germany in winter, just not to the extreme of this.

- Of course Russia denies it, they always deny deny deny failure. I saw 3 Russian soldiers get killed by a mine in Bosnia and they reported one vehicle slightly damaged and no injuries. It is not good for mother Russia to show weakness.

Have your theories, but do some research on rocket launches in cold climates. Go ahead and flame me for being blunt, but I just can not see how everything is a plot of some sort.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Fantastic - it probably is a rocket but it sure looks fab....

Other fantasy ideas:

- Very rich artist creating some sort of amazing art
- Portal opening up and blue beam is something coming from it - not to it....

but... it'll be a rocket I guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
*beats head on desk* God why is everything some secret conspiracy here. Take it for what it is, an awsome event.

-The blue is from the aurora borealis reacting with the nitrogen that is in the rocket fuel. Most if not all rockets vent fuel at some point in the launch

They said it was FOR SURE nothing to do with Aurora borealis

- Of course Russia denies it, they always deny deny deny failure. I saw 3 Russian soldiers get killed by a mine in Bosnia and they reported one vehicle slightly damaged and no injuries. It is not good for mother Russia to show weakness.

They actually admitted alot of failed rocket tests (especially the rocket in question RIGHT NOW) its even on wikipedia . . .

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

RESPECT!!!
I love open minds!
Cheers to you!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join