It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think your right.. I don't think it is a rocket or a missile. The blue beam does not look like any rocket plume I ever saw. The circles that emanates from this thing are too perfect. A rocket spinning out of control does so because one of its thrust vectors have failed, but that would not make perfect circles because there is no balance of forces that would make circles.. When a rocket or missile does this is does so in an egg shaped circle.

We have fireworks that can do this that are designed to make circles but I have never seen one produce this effect.

Check out the images on these pages for what fireworks can do.
images.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

[edit on 9-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

What is nobody seeing the obvious here??? the only way you can get the uniform spiral is if there was NO ATMOSPHERE

This planet we live on only has a thin layer of air!!

When you look at the photo that captured the 1st (irregular stage) and the 2nd Spiral phenomena. it's not hard to see that the 1st stage was in the atmosphere and the second stage in space!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It was some good vids on the news, I'll try to find them and post them here.

It was claimed in the news that the russians had admitted it was failed missiletest.

edit: found it
www1.nrk.no...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Gromle]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My reply to this post - COOL!

My nine year olds response - Wormhole...

One of my sci-fi geek friends - Sliders come true.

S&F for making me do a double take and mutter WTF

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Perhaps this event has something to do with the activation of HAARP over northern Europe. After all, Jesse Ventura just investigated HAARP on his new tv show on TRUTV-Conspiracy Theory. HAARP may have just been saying "hi!" to all of those viewers.

link   
I can't help but notice the strange resemblence to some of the spirals in ancient Egyptian Heiroglyphics.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

link   
reply to post by Hack28

About spirals in general, I just realized this strange coincidence; I'm still in college and currently I'm reading physics B (as it is known in sweden) as part of my program. Yesterday we had this final exam involving everything we've learnt so far, and the last task in said exam was to decide various things about a device used to accelerate particles. Said device was built in a way that it had a circle with a gap in the middle where particles would travel in a spiral manner, accelerated by an electrical force every time they crossed the gap. This circle would be accompanied by two large magnets above and below providing a magnetic field keeping the particles (I believe it was protons, but I can't really remember) from just being propelled off the surface. I can't really remember the name of the device, and it was all in Swedish anyways. But according to the exam it would reach speeds of 2.6*10^6 m/s iirc..

This is probably very far-fetched, but it just led me to think that something (..of high-density or strong magnet properties) was pulling on something while it was being accelerated to a very high speed.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Did anyone read this post?

I think there is only one other person on here that will agree that this was a missile launch. When it finally comes out that it was... I'd be willing to agree that people will STILL dismiss it and say it was LHC, Wormhole or HAARP.

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Here ya go!
Google Translate

Confirms the launch of the Bulava missile - It was a Bulava missile was launched from a submarine in the morning, said a source in the Russian military to tv2nyhetene.no. This intercontinental missile is the Russian response to the controversial and much discussed U.S. missile shield. The launch has most likely happened from a submarine in the White Sea at Arkhangelsk. The submarine "Dmitriy Donskoy" with NATO designation Typhoon is specifically designed to carry the ballistic missile, and is the only remaining of this class who are in active service.

Nor did this time utskytingen have been successful, which will be the reason why the Russian Northern Fleet does not want to give any official comment about the incident. This is so, the seventh unsuccessful attempt by a total of twelve tests. It has been speculated about the spiral path of the light had to indicate that it was a failed launch.

There are a range of moist air 8-9000 meters up in the atmosphere, and the rings are formed when the sharp light from the rocket is lost in a thin layer of ice crystals, "he says.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Although very spectacular, nothing strange here, if you mind.
First of all, watch (again?) this russian rocket launch which "looks like an UFO":
www.youtube.com...

Then this NASA experiment about "clouding":
www.youtube.com...

... experiment which results in "strange sightings here :
www.youtube.com...

Then my 2cents:
In fact a rocket leaves the atmosphere after less than a minute; now suppose that the second stage fails, while the first stage is still doing its job.
If the rocket did not spin during its ascent, now the fuel leakage will probably make it spin.
The fuel sprays around in the vacuum of space, and i mean it : remember that there's no air to disturb anything. A giant cloud then forms, originating from the rocket breach, with the following consequences :

- it quickly moves miles away from the rocket
- it does it at a constant speed, no slow-down
- as there is no air around, there's not any any turbulence in the cloud, so its shape remains perfect.

Thus the flabbergasting-but-logic spiral wonder.

When the tank is empty, no cloud is produced anymore and the spiral source suddenly disappears, while the rest of the visible cloud decays.

The first trail is the smoke and vapor in the athmosphere.
The blue trail is the burned fuel in vacuum.
The white trail is the unburned fuel from the breach.

This is just .. er .. rocket science.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
4. HAARP Circular Polarization

If HAARP only used the north-south beams then the electrons and protons in the ionosphere would race madly in the north-south direction. And likewise if the radio waves move in the east-west direction, so would the ions. What HAARP does is on each portion of the transmitter cycle it switches from the east-west to the north-south beams and back again.

If you could see the radio waves rising from the antenna they would appear to be spiraling or "cork-screwing" upward. This is called "circular polarization" of the radio signal. This is not uncommon, since all commercial FM stations use circular polarization to send horizontal signals to home roof antennas and vertical signals to automobile antennas.

The HAARP signal is corkscrewing upward at a rate of, TADA!, about 0.9 Hz. And why is that? By corkscrewing the signal, the ions in the upper atmosphere do not just race madly back and forth, instead they move in BIG circles. And you can get the most ions running around the "race course" just above HAARP if you make them have a "lap time" of about once per second.

By making the ions, both electrons and protons, move in big circles they each become little electromagnets with a north and south pole. At the latitude of HAARP in Gakona, Alaska the earth's magnetic field lines are nearly vertical. So if the HAARP circular polarization is either clockwise or counter-clockwise you can make the ions racing around at 0.9 Hz either be attracted to the earth's magnetic north pole or repelled. If the circling ions are attracted, then they would simply spiral downward toward the earth's north pole and run into the denser atmosphere and might produce a very weak aurora, hence the name High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.

Source: www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by wes_dublin]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentRunning

That is what I have been trying to tell everyone here... I think that people just want to believe it is something out of this world.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboveGoos
reply to post by Hack28

About spirals in general, I just realized this strange coincidence; I'm still in college and currently I'm reading physics B (as it is known in sweden) as part of my program. Yesterday we had this final exam involving everything we've learnt so far, and the last task in said exam was to decide various things about a device used to accelerate particles. Said device was built in a way that it had a circle with a gap in the middle where particles would travel in a spiral manner, accelerated by an electrical force every time they crossed the gap. This circle would be accompanied by two large magnets above and below providing a magnetic field keeping the particles (I believe it was protons, but I can't really remember) from just being propelled off the surface. I can't really remember the name of the device, and it was all in Swedish anyways. But according to the exam it would reach speeds of 2.6*10^6 m/s iirc..

This is probably very far-fetched, but it just led me to think that something (..of high-density or strong magnet properties) was pulling on something while it was being accelerated to a very high speed.

Exactly, when i saw the spiral instanly it was physics to me, an illustration of some form of phyisics property. After all it is not impossible just improbable.
i am going to re-post my original soon, dont know if you checked out the first site but it would be right up your alley.

Also funny to note, the Vortex Psytrance & Psychedelic Chillout Music Festival has been occuring in South Africa the past few days, think they may have broken something?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Maybe a solar magnetic vortex/tornado,why do i get the feeling this is not a good thing?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting considering that there is an eiscat facility there.

Look at the picture at 1:31 www.youtube.com...
and compare it to several pictures - www.altaposten.no...

Pretty close if you ask me.

The technology is also used for bringing down rockets so why couldn't it have been a field test?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Did anyone read this post?

I think there is only one other person on here that will agree that this was a missile launch. When it finally comes out that it was... I'd be willing to agree that people will STILL dismiss it and say it was LHC, Wormhole or HAARP.

Here ya go!
Google Translate

There are a range of moist air 8-9000 meters up in the atmosphere, and the rings are formed when the sharp light from the rocket is lost in a thin layer of ice crystals, "he says.

"8-9000 meters" high?? "The rings are formed when the sharp light from the rocket is lost in a thin layer of ice crystals" ????????

Well, I have, and for the moment it just seem a lot os speculation and peoples taking gesses.

When the sharp light is lost somewhere I 'll buy this. Maybe someone could be kind enough to translate this for us. Cause it is not making much sense IMO.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by MorfeuZ]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If this is a sign of something maybe we are suppose to define it.(you knew this one was coming)

O.K. here goes.... They (those) world leaders are spining out of control. They want to suck us into there space. We are already blue in the face and we ain't going to take it anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's a test of project blue beam! no wait, it's jon titor come back to us in his time machine! lol great photos, no idea what it is

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
It's a test of project blue beam! no wait, it's jon titor come back to us in his time machine! lol great photos, no idea what it is

Its a rocket. I had my doubts but it is a rocket
A ROCKET

not
lhc
jesus
aliens
wormhole

gosh it feels like the Christian dark ages in here
my throats sore and I'm tired of yelling someone else take over for a while

[edit on 9-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ahem...I've seen many rockets that have been launched out here in Indiana. There's a base called CRANE (Naval Weapons Support Center) just west of Bloomington. So, plenty of things happen out here that I've gotten to witness.

Nevertheless, I have NEVER seen a rocket make this sort of an appearance or have this kind of an effect. I just spoke with an engineer about this and according to him, this isn't like any rocket that he's ever seen. A blue trail? Not likely. A spiral? Sometimes. A circular mass? NEVER.

Whatever this was, it wasn't a rocket. I can't pretend to give an explanation other than some sort of cosmic anomaly, but, let the rocket explanation go. Its almost an insult.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Very cool whatever it may be, while it seems unlikely at first that it could be a rocket. I wouldn't say it's impossible for one to produce such effects given the right circumstances. Might be a one in a million chance but most definitely possible with a little luck. Anyway, it really is a beautiful phenomena whatever it is.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join