Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Only curiosity..............

Could someone say which constellations and which planets were visible (above the horizon) to that latitude in the moment of the Spiral in Norway?

Which was the sky in that date on Norway?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Try the program called Stellarium.
I can't seem to get to it's homepage right now..

Btw, may I ask you why you need that info?

[edit on 30/12/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Celestia is a cool program also for viewing constellations and stuff for any given time. Plus you can download extras like Voyager and satellites. Navigation takes a little getting used to.

I noticed in this video there seems to be a similar but much older and not as well developed spiral. Might be the moon with some clouds, but it's placement in the video seems odd:

Go to 1:33

www.youtube.com...

Celestia link:
www.shatters.net...

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Plastered]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is NO way this is a Russian missile. I don't care what they say!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobTheBomb

I have to agree with you on this.

But I seriously doubt that we will ever know exactly what it was. It is amazing to me how many people I have talked to that hadn't even heard about this. And when you tell them, they just shrug it off. They are keeping us in the dark because the majority of the population allow them to.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I hope these spirals happen worldwide. I would really love to see this.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Very interesting !!!! Wow indeed !!!

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This thread continues to be fueled by the people who have not (and at 127 pages, we can hardly blame you) read the entire thread.

This HAS happened before. There IS evidence of it (and even a cool digital mockup of the physics/chemistry behind it).

Moving on. [unclicks watch]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

On the Norway Spirals and their Physically Impossible “Ripple” Propagation
Arash Amini
12/18/09
amini.arash1@gmail.com

On the morning of December 9th, reports of strange, spinning spirals
flooded the internet and media outlets. They have come to be known as the “Norway Spirals”. Though popularly attributed to a failed test-launch of a Russian “RSM-56 Bulava” Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM), it can be shown with some basic trigonometry that this explanation is physically impossible. ….

Amini’s paper has been updated here:
docs.google.com...

it now reflects input from the hoagland study [www.enterprisemission.com...] on the geometry of the spiral [the connection with the missile is solid], a study that I reluctantly cited because, while I find it accurate in its specific assertions, I remain suspicious it's an intro to something weird soon to come. I know Richard too well.

Hoagland had one question we've now (at ats) found the answer to -- why the spiral was only observed in the NW Norway (Tromso region) area. Weather satellite images show clearly that the rest of the region was overcast that morning, and as you move eastwards, you move into sunrise and bright skies that would mask any such visual cues. But I'm still curious about what aircraft pilots or passengers in NW Russia and Finland might have been able to see.

I was always reluctant to connect the spiral's formation to the official claim of the third stage malfunction, since spirals have been reported and drawn by witnesses in the past (hand-held camcorders weren't all that common in the 1980s, you have to admit). So I suggested that the spiral was a 'feature', not a 'bug', of some missile operation [I do not dispute the claim the third stage failed, just that the failure was the instigator of the spiral formation].

Discussion at an arms control wonk website suggests that for solid fuel rockets, which cannot be shut off in flight, excess thrust can be 'dumped' through opening side ports along the stage and thrusting sideways. Rolling the stage evens out any course disturbances. A spiral, even a double spiral (when there are two opposite-facing thrust dump ports), is the result under rare solar illumination conditions.

Was this launch a candidate for 'thrust dumping'? Yes, since if you measure the programmed range from launch to Kamchatka, you see it is a LOT shorter than the claimed maximum range. The solid-fuel rocket stages have a pre-loaded amount of total thrust due to their construction, and for shorter-than-maximum test missions, some of that thrust has to be dumped at the end of ascent.

This inquiry continues -- but underscores a point I've stressed for years, that 'UFO reports' from the USSR and neighboring countries have contained highly-sensitive performance clues to their space and missile weapons system performance and test results. Of course the CIA had BETTER be interested in such reports -- since the 'UFO' identification is a camouflage for technical intelligence data on Soviet (and now Russian) nuclear weapons.

As for Amini's math, it still is pathetic (I majored in math in undergraduate and graduate studies, so my eyes don't 'glaze over' with awe when somebody's pulling a snow job), and he needs a long heart-to-heart with his college career counselor if the report is typical of his physics capabilities.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You are on the right path, Jim ..... it was a missile ... a Russian one

Some of what was seen in the sky is a result of other influences, we will be seeing more often through 2010. Soon, hidden agenda's will not be so easily covered up. TSHTF and there will be a hornets nest of cover up's to deal with. Crap, they might have to let a few lizzards out of the bag.

Stay tuned folks!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
People People calm down, Obciously this "Spiral" is how the norwegians signal batman, its nothing to worry about

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This video may explain anomaly called Norway Spiral.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by vella]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Strategy

Thanks for the invite, but could your guys just will one of the "Norway Light" phenomena over the greater atlanta area?

We need a new city slogan, aside the dead horse mantra of:

ATLANTA: home of the 1996 Olympic Games(and subsequent bombing...)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Another spiral in Norway on "HALLOWEEN"!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Could it be a Magnetic Reaction in the Aurora Borealis caused by Solar Flare Activity ?....Hmm........Just a guess.........

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
anyone got this figured out yet? I'm stumped

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Another guess . A Russian Missle Launch ?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Wookiep

The missile was a three stage rocket. The first two stages were solid fuel rockets and the third was a liquid fuel rocket. That would account for the different appearance.

As to the gap between the two? I don't know. A "coast mode"? Or perhaps the exhaust from the liquid stage wasn't visible until the missile reached a high enough altitude and it became ionized and produced the blue glow.

I'm sorry to jump so out of the blue, but it seems that third stage of Bulava missile is propelled by solid fuel after all.
Newest Russian source (loosely translated):
"The cause of the failed launch of Bulava was an error in the SOLID FUEL engine of the third stage of the rocket. It is most likely that a wall of the engine burned through, which caused the change of the trajectory and, later, selfdestruction." Gazeta.ru
Sources in Russian military complex suggest that there is either a mistake in the construction of the rocket (which would be really bad for the constructors) or some fault in production (again).

I wonder how that could change 'liquid fuel sprayed from one side of the rocket to make a spiral which reflected some light" theory.. Or is it the exhaust after all..

just sharing what I find

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ilaruum]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hello..........

I am new here at ATS. I have read some very interesting, and provacative things here. I am a Christian and have a lot of interest in End Time prophecy.

I am looking at this spiral thing. Has anyone read the reports/threads on Project Blue Beam? Supposedly, a NASA project for the government to similate a "Rapture" or "Mass Alien Abduction." They are using some sort of device to project huge scenarios and objects in the sky. Like a projector of sorts.

Could this spiral be one of their tests?

Thanks!

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join