It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by TallWhites
Mate, with all due respect, but how on earth can you say anyof those look even remotely close to the Norway spiral??!!!

That's your problem -- your thinking and perceiving is still stuck on Earth.

Grow your mind and vision to match the scale of our new range.

The sketch is from Aviation & Cosmonautics, Sep 1993.

All drawings are of the missile event of Oct 2, 1991.

The four lines represent sequential sketches from observers in Severodvinsk, Ufa, Arkhangelsk, and Plesetsk.

The obvious reason that the sketches don't exactly duplicate the views of Dec 9 is simply. These viewers were off to the side of the flight path, not directly behind it. That would -- follow closely, now -- present them an entirely different perspective on the 3D shape evolving and moving through their skies.

Yes gee, its funny you know, I never seen a large spiral like the one in Norway ever!
I also never seen a perfect spiral ANYWHERE in any old photos or other literature.

But yup, I'm sure my thinking and perceiving is still stuck on Earth

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your pictures are farther away and at different angles. Just read all of the eye witness accounts of people in Norway that say it looked just like the large spiral image. It isn't a long exposure trick.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by TallWhites

What are you talking about? All this was already on the site I linked to- 2012poleshift...I show no maps.

anyway, if I used your map then thank you

I'm talking about the map in the youtube link you posted at the 2:05 min. mark. See that circle around Tromso, that map was originally made by me.

Just thought I'd mention it thats all.
I'm not thinking about a copyright lawsuit or anything

Cheers

Thank goodness! I will call my attorney back and tell him to relax!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is immediately came to mind after seeing this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do think it's rocket.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Neo__

Yeah! It must be a UFO, wormhole, stargate or whatever!
The FACT that it appeared over the Barents sea Russian test area on the very day the launch was made, AND that the launch was ANNOUNCED WELL IN ADVANCE is just a cover up.
Stop being so stubborn UFO fans! Stop being so gullible.
It was a Russian ICBM guys!

old dragger I like you. Now I had not considered what Neo wrote. I also think this was a rocket. I think it was a display of earthly technology. I also think what Neo says has merit. The greeting card analogy is a good one. We have these spirals and what about those freaky circle (mothership) clouds over Romania and Moscow where they have a HAARP like set-up? I think they are all related.
This aerial display may have been interfered with either successfully or unsuccessfully by some alien craft. I do think they are trying to get our attention. Perhaps not in this particular instance but in others I have seen cropping up all over the internet.
I did not believe this for a time but now I know they can be visible and invisible at will, as if true dimensional travelers (which I find hard to swallow-but for the sake of argument do).

What Neo says cannot be absolutely excluded. My gut instinct says however this particular phenomena is the result of testing a new sort of rocket, these displays are much like those attributed to black brants Sept 19 over the US.
Whatever their origin
I can tell you that these rocket launches and spirals do not bode well for humanity.
I think we are about to experience a light show of intergalactic proportions and we will not know if it is us (man made) or THEM.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This could be a large Railgun.

Lots of info on Google including NAVY railguns

[edit on 15-12-2009 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Thank goodness! I will call my attorney back and tell him to relax!

You see now, I saved you all kinds of legal fees

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Its easy to say what it isn't. But no one can say what that is with any certainty at all, not from the picture(s).

The only way to get even a vague idea of what that picture is of is to already know what it is.

Passed off as mundane by the skephtic heroes, yet unique does NOT equal mundane.

Good thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by uberbone

With the photographs, videos, issued warnings before the event, eyewitness reports, confirmation from Russia, similar occurrences, and computer simulations, we can be pretty sure about what it was.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
[edit on 15-12-2009 by ph00nknzarrk]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can we? See my last post in the Tequila Sunrise thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The spiral is really beautiful.. , I do believe though that it can be man made , as everyone is suspiciously saying "I don't know , what is it?"

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
During my time on SSBN's it was technically impossible to 'hover' at night. Hovering of course being the required manouevre to launch an ICBM. Whether the Russians have overcome this I don't know although technology has obviously moved on since then - maybe a serving submariner could iron that one out?

Apart from the above technicality, we never launched any missile at night anyway, mainly because of the danger to shipping and aircraft but also because a large part of the test was visual confirmation of flight characteristics as well as post launch scrutiny of the accompanying launch video.

I'm not with the wormhole guys by the way - not saying it wasn't a missile at all!

[edit on 16/12/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

How about an hour after first light?

White Sea:

Astronomical twilight starts: 04:52
Nautical twilight starts: 05:56
Civil twilight starts: 07:12
Sunrise: 08:49
Sunset: 11:52
Civil twilight ends: 13:28
Nautical twilight ends: 14:44
Astronomical twilight ends: 15:49

[edit on 12/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
During my time on SSBN's it was technically impossible to 'hover' at night. Hovering of course being the required manouevre to launch an ICBM. Whether the Russians have overcome this I don't know although technology has obviously moved on since then - maybe a serving submariner could iron that one out?

Thanks for your service, boomer man.

Did you guys realize how MANY UFO reports you were causing?

The Canary Islands were freaking out for decades over ETR test/training launches of US SLBMs:
www.anomalia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

According your posts, you are NEVER satisfied with a 'pretty sure' or 'probably' to rest your case. Your skepsis demands undisputable proof on every subject that contains some unexplained factor.

But, when it comes to explanations that support the mundane, the allegedly known, the common, you just say: "we can be pretty sure"? Because it's "the most probable"? And you use these vague conclusions to convince others of your correctness (a generally accepted explanation yes, but still).

It seems you always make up your mind first (based on existing knowledge, ideas, convictions) and then start digging for proof that supports your mindset. Although I understand one needs to have a theory before a search for proof can start, It might be more interesting to start off with an objective mind - without immediate interpretation of the facts.

"Pretty sure" or "probably" just doesn't make it for me (when speaking of conclusive evidence, that is), and shouldn't be satisfying conclusions in science either.
Unfortunately it often does... an attitude that -in my opinion- can slow down scientific development at times - we tend to assume too much, take too much for granted. Which keeps us thinking inside our self created box. Scientific breakthroughs often occur when one abandons the known and starts looking to the unknown.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts and personal opinions, I'm getting seriously off-topic here. Let me add that your contributions are appreciated.
If anything: I can't tell with certainty what the spiral was. It might have been a rocketlaunch, yes, but I haven't seen conclusive evidence towards any explanation just yet.

[edit on 16/12/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You cannot make the test of a missile over an other Country.

You cannot make the test of a missile near the borders of an other Country.

You cannot make the test of a missile above a Country of the NATO.

If you lose the control of the missile you must self-destroy it within the borders of your Country.

If you lose the control of the missile you must absolutely recover wreckages (all the wreckages) within least time.

If you make the test of a missile over an other Country, this is a deliberated threat.

If you make the test over a country of the NATO, you risks an immediate act of retaliation.

Phage, A friendly advice: you must hold the children far from fireworks next christmas!

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Imagir]

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

In regards to your post, it would seem that the evidence quite often does point to what you might think is a mundane explaination. I guess it depends on a persons goal, to find the most "alternative" explaination, or to find an explaination that fits the facts in evidence.
A lot of people here have kneejerk reactions to all kinds of events. They reject the "official story" out of hand as well as any "MSM" news reports under the assumtion that everything "they" say is a lie. That's not very objective now is it?
With ANY given event, there is a race here to see who can come up with the conspiracy angle, who can post first getting stars and flags. Very often logic is ignored to promote the conspiracy fever. This serves nothing, and only indicates ATS is a game to many posters and hardly indicates open minds and careful consideration, or any real interest in finding out the truth about anything.
I'll end by saying two things.
First, as I often say, just because all things may be possible, it doesn't mean all things are likely.
Second, you know, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
reply to post by Phage

You cannot make the test of a missile over an other Country.

Earth to Imagir, do you read?

Earth to Imagir.

Pre-announced Russian missile test launched from White Sea, eastwards towards Siberia.... like dozens of others for decades.

Never crossed any foreign country.

Never NEAR any foreign country.

What planet do YOU think you're on?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I agree with your statement. But if the cigar doesn't look the way we expect a cigar to look like, it's a different case. This one might smell like a cigar, and general opinion tells us therefore it is a cigar - but we've never seen a cigar like this, do we?

• photos, videos, eyewitness reports: don't look like any previously known cigar

• similar occurrences: not really. Only the regular, well known cigar shaped cigars

• warnings and confirmation from Russia: warning they will and confirmation they have lighted a cigar, not that this particular one was theirs?

• computer simulations: made after we've seen the odd cigar, to show it's a cigar indeed

I'm not here for a race (but out of a sincere thirst for knowledge) and I tend to approach life rather rational (the mundane explanation often/mostly is the right one indeed), but I have difficulties with conclusions based on assumptions, probabilities and a distinctive cigar smell. I'm not satisfied with the given explanation concerning the Norway Spiral just yet.
I question science as much as I question wild claims. I try to approach both equally objective. And yes, that is almost impossible - but still...

[edit on 16/12/09 by Movhisattva]

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join