It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
reply to post by JimOberg

How did it go on NBC last night? Unfortunately, I didn't get out of work until late so I missed it... If there is a youtube video of it, I'm sure a lot of people would find it interesting here...

Here's the link to that item:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieldfly
Has it been established yet (sorry haven't been able to read all 2k+ posts) why, if a rocket launch, the point of origin on the ground remains illuminated (as if by fire) in many of the shots ?

The 'missile hypothesis', which I have favored based on about 40 years of watching 'Russian UFO reports' caused by secret Soviet/Russia missile and space weapons testing, would have the initial zig-zaggy white cloud lit by the morning sun, far to the east. Even if 300+ miles away, it wouldn't have to be too high (for a rocket) to be seen on the horizon from Tromso.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrice
If it is a rocket it would be recorded on radar some place (airport) has anyone seen anything reported.

No, it wouldn't, not at those ranges and small sizes and lack of civilian transponder. Why do you make up this arbitrary criterion?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Radar is how we defend against incoming missles so it would be on radar!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
So.....russians say they did it and we believe them just like that, you only need somebody who raises his hand and thats it. Just because they tell you that it means that is the true. No explanatios, no evidence, no nothing. Are we that easy?

Just the opposite: when the Russians officially spoke about UFOs, they usually WERE lying. But in the past, their coverup was to encourage UFO buffs to believe that sightings of strange lights in their skies were caused by alien visitors and NOT by the true cause: top secret [and sometimes illegal] Soviet military tests. The delicious irony is that enthusiastic Western UFO experts, thinking they were working to penetrate government coverups, were actually the patsies and tools of the real Moscow misdirectional 'UFO coverup' -- and remain so for the most part, to this day.

Here are some of my reports over the years on how this happened, and how Western ufologists fell for the Moscow ruse, and still cling to it long after the Soviet government which instigated the disinformation campaign hadcollapsed. Their posthumous loyalty to unwittingly serve the actual coverup is almost touching.

Top 1984 Soviet pilot/radar UFO (“Exactly at 4:10 AM”) case solved
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sample slides from presentation on “Soviet Saucer Secrets”
www.jamesoberg.com...

Explaining the Massive 1967 Soviet UFO flap: Illegal Space Weapons Testing
www.debunker.com...

Soviet rocket maneuvers spark South American UFO flaps
www.debunker.com...

OMNI (1994): “Hidden History of Soviet UFOs”
www.debunker.com...

More: www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Pay attention.

IT

WAS

NOT

INCOMING.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

LOGIC!
Star again, rrice!

But another question to Jim Oberg: Why test this new "secret missile" trough the skies of Finland and Norway and their national waters and not launch the rocket towards the peninsula of Kola to the Northeast in Russian territory?

North east direction is more safe for the rescue of the wreckages... don't you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

LOGIC!
Star again, rrice!

But another question to Jim Oberg: Why test this new "secret missile" trough the skies of Finland and Norway and their national waters and not launch the rocket towards the peninsula of Kola to the Northeast in Russian territory?

North east direction is more safe for the rescue of the wreckages... don't you think?

Imagir, I can't believe how geographically-challenged you are. Have you read ANY of the posts here that threaten your preconceived notions? A lot of serious people have put a lot of serious time into a very high quality exchange of ideas and documentation and citations, to our general benefit -- except yours, I guess. You're still standing in the way. Sad.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

[Sigh]

One more one-on-one remedial tutorial, and your LAST.

You are exactly right.

Launching to the east-northeast was of course the safest direction.

WHICH

IS

WHY

THEY

LAUNCHED

EXACTLY

IN

THAT

DIRECTION.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
That looks like a plasma stream to me.

Plasma likes to braid itself into paired strands that form a corkscrew shape due to the way magnetic fields confine themselves around the charged particles.

Plasma streams also twist at the ends in a corkscrew fashion.

The vortex shape is the atmosphere being pushed around by the charge rotation.

I'd wager this is a product of the so-called haarp facility pumping out a massive focused stream of energy into the atmosphere causing a glow mode discharge of plasma.

[quote:Xenus 836032]
Here is an email I got from Anthony L. Peratt (www.zoominfo.com...) and this is what he had to say about the Norway event.

Re: Regarding plasma/aurora phenomena over Norway

This event was natural and occurs when two Birkeland currents
interact, usually around 300 -500 km above Earth. Birkeland currents
most often occur in pairs because of the 1/r attractive force between
them.

This is not an EISCAT heating phenomena.

Sincerely,

A. L. Peratt
Los Alamos National Laboratory

Nothing we have can account for the kind of energies and the prolonged stability of the Norway spiral, nothing man made anyway, a nuke would be seen or felt via EMP shockwaves and other atmospheric disturbances. (as far as I know) Like meteo-tsunamis (One in Tasmania, Australia a several days ago).

What is EISCAT?

A brief description of the system

The EISCAT Scientific Association is an international research organisation operating three incoherent scatter radar systems, at 931 MHz, 224 MHz and 500 MHz, in Northern Scandinavia. It is funded and operated by the research councils of Norway, Sweden, Finland, Japan, China, the United Kingdom and Germany (collectively, the EISCAT Associates.)

EISCAT (European Incoherent Scattter) studies the interaction between the Sun and the Earth as revealed by disturbances in the magnetosphere and the ionised parts of the atmosphere (these interactions also give rise to the spectacular aurora, or Northern Lights). The radars are operated in both Common and Special Programme modes, depending on the particular research objective, and Special Programme time is accounted and distributed between the Associates according to rules which are published from time to time.

One EISCAT transmitter site consisting of a UHF system and a VHF system is located close to the city of Tromsø, in Norway, and additional receiver stations are located in Sodankylä, Finland, and Kiruna, Sweden. The EISCAT Headquarters are also located in Kiruna. In 1996 the EISCAT Scientific Association constructed a second incoherent scatter radar facility, the EISCAT Svalbard Radar (ESR), near Longyearbyen on the island of Spitsbergen, far to the North of the Norwegian mainland.

The Incoherent Scatter Radar requires sophisticated technology and EISCAT engineers are constantly involved in upgrading the systems.

In addition to the incoherent scatter radars, EISCAT also operates an Ionospheric Heater facility at Ramfjordmoen (including a Dynasonde) to support various active plasma physics experiments in the high latitude ionosphere.

link   
Radar? airplanes go up ariplanes go down, Do they only see you coming down. That missle would have had to go through someones airspace? Think about it PINHEAD!

link   

But this happens too in the west too. America played this hand too, in the way to hide there secrets.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

We really need to get you and Phage on your own talk show... Seriously!

I know I would definitely tune in.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Radar? airplanes go up ariplanes go down, Do they only see you coming down. That missle would have had to go through someones airspace? Think about it PINHEAD!

Russia's own airspace?

[edit on 11/12/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
So.....russians say they did it and we believe them just like that, you only need somebody who raises his hand and thats it. Just because they tell you that it means that is the true. No explanatios, no evidence, no nothing. Are we that easy?

Are you that cynical?

What do you think it is? Do you have any evidence to suggest it is otherwise?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

[Sigh]

One more one-on-one remedial tutorial, and your LAST.

You are exactly right.

Launching to the east-northeast was of course the safest direction.

WHICH

IS

WHY

THEY

LAUNCHED

EXACTLY

IN

THAT

DIRECTION.

Maybe I'm not clear enough whit words....
Maybe a drawn could show better what I mean about the trajectory of the R30 3M30 ICBM "Bulava"...

Could you explain please...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Speaking of airspace...

It's to bad it didn't go in a spiral... then we could just call it a ufo!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

But this happens too in the west too. America played this hand too, in the way to hide there secrets.

Good point, I totally agree.

We don't have to put up with it anywhere.

That's what's often so frustrating -- valuable sightings reports of highly-interesting activities get camouflaged or smeared with UFO-HA-HA attitudes in the news media, and the instigators of the activities get off the hook.

I hope that message gets across in my too-brief sound-bite news media quotations: it's worth looking at this phenomenon and worth digging into what really could be behind some of these stories. Laughing at it -- or on the other hand fantasizing sci-fi pseudo-explanations -- is only serving the true coverup.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What about the trajectory of the ICBM tests?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Weather sats take wide-area cloud cover images, visible and IR. Can somebody run down the image made near the time of the launch, 0700 GMT Dec09? That may answer a lot of questions of who could see, or not see, what, in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join