It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Fleet Video - Gary McKinnon Was Right!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

From 4:40 to 4:50 the craft or formation of fighters changes it direction. And yes I have heard of the Blue Angels, but do they train in the location where this video was taken? My knowledge of the Air-force is limited, but do they require they're fighters to fly in formation at night?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I came across this thread and joined just to put some first hand knowlwedge that may shed some light on this debate. Take it for what it's worth.

Although this appears to be a formation of planes. I was in the Air Force for 4 years stationed at one of the largest F-15 bases. I can tell you without a doubt they rarely fly in "loose" formation during the day, I maybe saw it 2 times my entire career. Never at night. Without knowing the specific altitude and size, I am inclined to call that a very "tight" formation. I once asked a pilot why they don't fly like that more often he told me "it's dangerous, we only do that during excersizes and fly- overs"

The "tight" formations you see at air shows is the best of best pilots practicing for months. regular squadrons just dont do it often. With that in mind I can't imagine what reason they would be flying in formation like that in the middle of the night.

The only reason there would be a formation of jets was if they were on there way to do a fly over, which are usually done during daytime only, with less than four planes.

Anyway, I am sure I will get blasted for disagreeing with phage as you have a keen skeptical eye. Blast away!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Actually, speeds of 30,000 MPH are quite normal for orbital speeds. I think you are forgetting that at 200 miles up, the air is practically non-existent, so friction is not a problem.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And you've seen them doing this when? At night, during all those night-time airshows you've been to?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyNutzs

There really is no way to judge how far apart the aircraft would be since we don't know how far away they are but what is your opinion of the possibility that this could be an aerial refueling operation or similar rendezvous in progress?

The exterior lighting must be NVIS friendly and covert so that it does not detract from safety or impede operations by degrading the vision of any aircrew members wearing NVGs during night air-to-air refueling, close wing formation, in-flight rendezvous, or other phases of in-flight operations.

Source

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

30,000 mph is significantly beyond orbital speed. Any object going that fast is on it's way to another planet.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have never seen night time in-flight refueling with my own eyes, but I know that they do it.

Sounds plausible, I think that it is usually a KC-135 the boom and the jet. I just can't imagine a light configuration that would match the video. A very interesting one indeed!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Alright, I've done the calculations, and while 30,000 is not SIGNFICANTLY too fast, it does appear that I was thinking more of kilometers than miles... after all, I am in New Zealand.

Here are the exact speeds for 200 miles up:

Miles/Hour : 17269
KM/Hour : 27792

Also, the person who estimated how high and fast the triangular craft was traveling really can't do that, given that we don't know the size of the vehicle and there is no reference point. But, since we are talking about high speeds, and even 17000 MPH is quite fast, it's rather silly to argue about whether it's going 30,000 or 17,000, given that we don't know the altitude.

Also, judging from other UFO vehicles, it's not very useful to discuss how they might fly unless we know ALL, and I mean ALL the science involved... which we do not.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hi, just wondering. How can I go about making that nightvision camcorder device? I must make this because I believe that I know of a UFO hotspot, but need night vision to capture UfO on fotage. Could you guys please tell me a tutorial site, or video that I can learn hot to make these please? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
You got any ideas on what those things are Jim? Or you just gonna throw up a couple lines of bull crap?

Your bull crap meter should have rung when the narrator gave a speed of 30,000 mph at orbital altitude, but sadly, it didn't.

The reason is that even the simplest familiarity with real spaceflight would tell you that the typcal orbital velocity at that altitude is 18,000 mph and that anything in excess of 25,000 mph is escape velocity, meaning the craft cannot remain in earth orbit at all but is headed for Mars or somewhere.

OR -- the narrator is spouting bull crap realizing that nobody in his target audience has ANY defense.

Shouldn't you feel at least a little dismayed that he's got you pegged so accurately?

The defense is not difficult to develop -- read more widely, learn more aerospace technology. Ask the right questions from the start. Become able to focus into the kernel of really interesting (and baffling) accounts without getting wastefully distracted.

Otherwise, the next half century of UFOria will look like the first, only moreso. Those who benefit from public confusion and self-misdirection over the corpus of reports will continue to take advantage of the camouflage that the mass of misperceptions -- and bull crap, such as here -- so conveniently provide. And that makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.

You're smart enough, you just need the will.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by JimOberg]

I am sure you can understand, Jim, that it was only a couple lines of bull crap that you posted. Why? It stated facts with no explanation for the lay person. This little baiting technique allowed you to maintain your air of smug superiority that, for reasons unknown, you have taken up while on ATS.

I hear personalities are about the same price as a 30,000 mph spacefleet. Keep saving.

For any ATS member: if you have IR goggles, etc, will they pick up all IR light that hits them? Understandably, dim IR light would depend on lends sensitivity...but i am just not familiar with the functioning of IR technology.

Phage: good show. You are a very respected skeptic, and do a good job giving the word "skeptic" some dignity. Keep it up.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To me it looks unlikely that it is an aerial formation, but it is hard to tell. Anyway, do some military aircraft have parts on them that are designed to appear bright when viewed with Night Vision Goggles? As reference points for example, when flying in formation at night? Also, does any particular aircraft have odd lighting patterns? I know the DC-9 / MD-80 / 717 aircraft are often mistaken for flying triangles due to the position of the landing light, but they only have three...

[edit on 9/12/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Afterburners? Night vision is just IR, so the jets would be pretty dern bright.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have seen that same triangular craft several times in my life.

Wow.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Honestly that craft looks like an F117 Stealth Fighter.

But I would really, really like to make a nighvision camcorder to capture some UFO.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Anyway, do some military aircraft have parts on them that are designed to appear bright n Night Vision Goggles?

I've been wondering about this too. If the craft is a secret stealth military vehicle used for strictly terrestrial military purposes that can easily be seen with IR goggles, wouldn't it also be easily seen by any enemy who also had IR goggles, thus giving away their position and any advantage of stealth?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Yes.
Sort of. Actually they try to do the opposite.

One of the most significant hazards identified in the ever increasing peacetime and training deployment of Night Vision Goggles and NVG compatible cockpits is the use of standard visible external aircraft lights. In particular, if the visible lighting, required by regulatory bodies such as the FAA and JAA for aircraft identification, is unmodified, the reduction in goggle gain and the associated goggle blooming created by the lights can lead to a loss of spatial awareness when operating in close formation. Some operators may previously have switched off all external lights when flying multi-ship NVG training missions; clearly a safety hazard for other military and civil aircraft.

The solution is to make the navigation lights NVG Friendly. Oxley offers solutions based on two technologies as follows:

www.oxleygroup.com...

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by JimOberg

Actually, speeds of 30,000 MPH are quite normal for orbital speeds. I think you are forgetting that at 200 miles up, the air is practically non-existent, so friction is not a problem.

Correction accepted -- but it's my guess that the guy on the videotape wasn't thinking metric, he was just making neat-sounding stuff up to wow the rubes. Maybe he needs to buy a new personality, one with reality-based credibility. I've earned mine.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
In the video embedded by the OP, why would the video producer/presenter label the Space Program as "Illegal"? It is getting extremely old constantly hearing individuals toss around the word "Illegal" whenever they somehow find themselves angry or disagreeing with an issue. "Illegal" actually has a defined meaning, believe it or not, and it has absolutely nothing to do with feelings or simple disagreements.

As for these videos, I find the footage amazing nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

I didn't see a "Fleet", I saw one aircraft and it was A-shaped which, IMO, makes it an aerodynamic terrestrial or human-constructed aircraft. Disappointing.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

Anyway, do some military aircraft have parts on them that are designed to appear bright n Night Vision Goggles?

I've been wondering about this too. If the craft is a secret stealth military vehicle used for strictly terrestrial military purposes that can easily be seen with IR goggles, wouldn't it also be easily seen by any enemy who also had IR goggles, thus giving away their position and any advantage of stealth?

It depends upon where the aircraft is being flown. Regular MIL Aircraft for instance, generally engage their NAV Lights (As well as Anti-Collision Lighting) most of the time when flying outside of a hostile zone. When inside hostile territory however, they usually black-out. Pilots and Navigators rely upon eachother, as well as the CIC, and the AWACS for collision avoidance and bogey/target guidance. There are IR Anti-Collision Strobes/NAV Lights/Spotlights located on some of our Aircraft (Referred to as "NVIS Friendly"), which specifically aides in proximity awareness while wearing an NVD. These would most likely be disengaged in heavy Air-to-Air Combat though, and are generally used during Air-to-Ground missions (Which most of our missions now-a-days are anyways).

Here is some information on the beginning of such Modifications upon existing USAF F-16 Falcons roughly 10 years ago (During "Operation Deliberate Guard" (ie, Bosnia) ):

ODG F-16's Modified For Night Vision Goggles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join